Hottest rising names 2010- Don't even know some of them

Who knows, you know what maths is like… choose the right way to measure something and prove nearly anything!! LOL
WDYT of the names that rose?

Interesting to see those stats! Thanks, good detective work. [name]Harper[/name] was a clear name of interest- obviously rising [name]WAY[/name] more quickly for girls. Maybe it is the 2000’s version of [name]Shannon[/name]?

sabrinafair I notice none of these appear on your list… :slight_smile:

Oh I definitely agree with [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Harper[/name], [name]Briella[/name] (more so [name]Brielle[/name]), as well as [name]Leighton[/name], [name]Ever[/name], and [name]Lux[/name].

I see [name]Dashiell[/name], and [name]Kayden[/name] 100% as well.

The rest are kinda iffy.

kerrie So [name]Navi[/name] is a fairy name? As far as you know?

thetxbelle OK the name Mayelle : appease me, (not that I would ever use [name]Maelle[/name]) how [name]DO[/name] you prn it correctly? Maybe the correct prn is better than what I must admit I too thought was [name]MAY[/name]- [name]Elle[/name] (which is why I didn’t like it).

[name]Ash[/name] do you think the likes of [name]Tenley[/name]/[name]Kinley[/name]/[name]Kinsley[/name]/[name]Tinsley[/name] are regional in the US? I have literally NEVER heard of them [name]EVER[/name] in Australia. [name]Harper[/name]… any idea where that one came from? is it a TV show/ Movie/ book/ celeb baby name?? I heard it a year ago, but had never previously heard it used [name]IRL[/name].

ksheja I agree, I was surprised [name]Piper[/name] wasn’t on there. Maybe for 2011? After all [name]Pippa[/name] Middleton made a splash last year. Very interesting that [name]Leland[/name] was regional to [name]Vermont[/name].

There was a contestant on the bachelor named [name]Tenley[/name] in 2010, I think. She was really nice.

My son’s name is [name]Sterling[/name], it is a 4th generation family name so at least we knew it was a classic, not trendy. Most people really like it when they hear it, or at least that is what they tell me :wink:

Boy, some of these are doosies! I mean…well, to each their own, I guess. [name]Tenley[/name], Everleigh, [name]Navi[/name], [name]Kinsley[/name], [name]Tinsley[/name], etc etc etc, [name]Lux[/name] and [name]Everly[/name]…well. Yeah. I don’t so much know about those. Seriously, though, [name]Sookie[/name]? [name]Ursula[/name]? Killin’ me. I’d expect [name]Harper[/name], I even kind of like [name]Martina[/name], [name]Eloise[/name], [name]Lorelai[/name] (have a niece with a variation on it), and [name]Leighton[/name], but yipes. If I’m not mistaken, Mhairi is an Irish variation on [name]Mary[/name], and I quite like it. [name]Maelle[/name] is GORGEOUS, though I don’t know how to say it for the life of me. MAH-leh? [name]May[/name]-leh? My-elle? The umlaut confuses me.

For boys, Castiel doesn’t surprise me, with Supernatural. It’s actually kind of a nice name, and [name]Cas[/name] is a great nickname for a boy. I actually like the boys list more than the girls’; [name]Eoin[/name], [name]Callan[/name], [name]Micah[/name] (not [name]Mikah[/name], come on, guys!), [name]Dashiell[/name], and [name]Dorian[/name] would all be names I strongly considered if I had a boy. I’m not unfond of [name]Lucian[/name] or [name]Leland[/name], either! Not so sure about the rest of them, though. [name]Zion[/name]? [name]Bentley[/name]? Oh boy.

hah. [name]Tenley[/name] on the rise. I have a best friend named [name]Tenley[/name] and I have to tell her this, she’ll get some kick out of it.

[name]Maelle[/name] has a little mark over the first e that I don’t know how to type, but it is an old [name]Breton[/name] name, pronounced ma-elle. This was the name of a 2010 winter olympics winner, so I can see why it rose? in popularity.

Also, once Ture Blood came out I saw a bajillion kittens named [name]Sookie[/name] and [name]Suki[/name] (I volunteer at an animal shelter).

I think poor [name]Ursula[/name] deserves a comeback. It means bear, not octopus. =( Such a shame.

I know a little girl named [name]Tinsley[/name] - and my brother (who is 36) has the middle name [name]Sterling[/name]. Interesting list.

This list isn’t in any way related to actual name usage or the official SSA popularity list. It was originally posted on Name [name]Candy[/name] (Pregnancy, Parenting, Lifestyle, Beauty: Tips & Advice | mom.com), a partner site of the [name]Baby[/name] Name [name]Wizard[/name] site. The “fastest rising” statistic simply relates to which names saw the biggest increase year-over-year in searches on [name]Baby[/name] Name [name]Wizard[/name].

The number might translate into which names people are interested in, names that MIGHT be destined for greater popularity, but in a lot of cases it’s pretty obvious that people have seen or heard them via TV or movies (i.e. [name]Tenley[/name], [name]Navi[/name], [name]Sookie[/name], [name]Bentley[/name]) and are searching them more out of curiosity than actual intent to use the name.

Its prn more like the word “mile” (some sites say “mah el” “MY el” ) because of the umlaut but even without it, like in the Breton region where it originates, its prn the same to most people. Its hugely popular in France, like McKenna or something, was originally a boys name but is now used for girls and there are lots of variations.

Here are the feminine and masculine versions of the name
Maëlle http://www.forvo.com/word/maëlle/#fr
Maël :http://www.forvo.com/word/maël/#fr

In case I read the post wrong, I dont really know about Mayelle, In France it’s sort of along the lines of invented or weird. I saw it come up on a board once and no one knew how it was said, the poster said its a combination of Maëlle and Yaël which I guess would be like “my yile” or as another commenter said like saying marielle but without the r, but no one really seemed to know what it meant or how to say it. Also, May as in the month is Mai in French so its not the same.

In [name]France[/name], similar [name]Breton[/name] names like [name]Anaelle[/name] and I think Gwenaelle are also used,