How bad are they?

What are your thoughts on these names? And how bad (good?) do they sound with siblings names (see signature) and our surname, [name_m]Knight[/name_m]? I’m having some doubt about some of them, and would like some second opinions.

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_u]Robin[/name_u]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

Thanks!

Congratulations on baby #7!! I like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] the best. I don’t like [name_u]Robin[/name_u] at all and [name_m]Casper[/name_m] doesn’t really do anything for me either!

I love, love, love the idea of twins named [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] and [name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]!

I don’t really like the idea of [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m] because many people still imagine a black cat named [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and your last name sounds like night, which is dark. It has the potential to come off overly cutesy, even though you didn’t mean it that way. I have similar reservations about [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m] (both because of [name_m]Casper[/name_m] the Friendly Ghost’s color and because ghosts come out at night). And finally, I can’t get behind [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Knight[/name_m] due to running it all together and ending up with the sound rob-in-night.

I do really like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] with your last name and your other kids’ names. Of those, I think [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] goes least with the other kids but that [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Louis[/name_m], and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] flow exceptionally well. If I had to pick a favorite, it would probably be [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] for the flow with your last name, though I feel [name_m]Louis[/name_m] perhaps goes best with your other kids’ names.

Thanks! [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] would work with our surname? [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m]? I worry that it is too much.

The names that end in an “n” sound blend into your surname (Robinknight and Jonathanknight) so I would eliminate those two from contention. I prefer [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] to [name_m]Casper[/name_m]. [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m], [name_m]Louis[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] are my top four choices. Since you already have an [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f], [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] and [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] move down and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] and [name_m]Louis[/name_m] take their place. [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m] is a little “Knights of the Roundtable” but it’s a magical tale so it doesn’t bother me too much. :slight_smile:

Out of the two I would say that [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is my favorite with [name_u]Robin[/name_u] following in second. [name_m]Felix[/name_m] is short, sweet, hasn’t been done to death, and will age well as the child gets older. Same reasoning with why I like [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. The other names have been done to death, and is a bit boring for me. And [name_m]Casper[/name_m] will always remind me of a friendly ghost, so I will always have a biased against that. Though if it wasn’t for the Friendly Ghost I would love the name [name_m]Casper[/name_m].

Bad?! None of them are bad, haha. But I like [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] (prefer this spelling; [name_m]Casper[/name_m]'s lovely, it just sort of feels like the trendier spelling? Sort of like [name_u]Aiden[/name_u] vs. the more traditional [name_u]Aidan[/name_u]?), and [name_m]Felix[/name_m] the most. I think all three fit very well with your other kiddos. [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] is my favorite, then [name_m]Louis[/name_m], then [name_m]Felix[/name_m]. I’m not especially fond of [name_m]Felix[/name_m] (it seems semi overplayed on here), but I do think it works extremely well with your other kiddos.

Good luck!

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - This one is so timeless and wonderful and I just love it.
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] - I’ve always loved this one - it’s so cute!
[name_m]Louis[/name_m] - There are different pronunciations (usually depending on location) and the other siblings’ names pretty much have universal pronunciations.
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] - I think this one sounds the best with your surname and the sibling’s names.
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] - Sounds much more feminine to me.
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] - This one is cute, but reminds me of the ghost.
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - Sounds regal and perfect for a man of any age.

These are all lovely and fit well with your last name and your sibset. Some nice combinations would be [name_m]Louis[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m], [name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m], [name_m]Felix[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m], and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m].

I like [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], and [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. My pick overall would be [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m].

Those are all GREAT names. [name_u]Robin[/name_u] isn’t quite my cup of tea (seems a little effete compared to the others), but they are all lovely. But given your last name (as others mentioned), my favorites are [name_m]Louis[/name_m], [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m], and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

[name_f]Love[/name_f] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m]!

My favorite is [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. I think it goes with the siblings’ names best. :wink: [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] would be a close second but I much prefer [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]. It fits your surname perfectly, [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m]. Sooo handsome and romantic!

I think these 4 are fine with [name_m]Knight[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] - these top 2 are my favorites, they seem to feel the best with [name_m]Knight[/name_m]
[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] - but I think [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] goes best with your other kids names
[name_m]Jonathan[/name_m]
[name_m]Louis[/name_m]

[name_u]Robin[/name_u] [name_m]Knight[/name_m] - makes me think of Batman and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] - the Dark [name_m]Knight[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m] - is a bit Halloweeny - [name_m]Casper[/name_m] the ghost on a haunted night…
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m] - just makes me think of [name_m]King[/name_m] [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and the round table with his Knights

So [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] [name_m]Knight[/name_m] would be my pick

I agree 100% with the above poster!
My vote is for [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] or [name_m]Felix[/name_m] :slight_smile:
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] is definitely a bit much with [name_m]Knight[/name_m].

[name_m]Louis[/name_m] is by far my favorite on your list, both with the last name and with the older siblings. [name_m]Jonathan[/name_m] is second.

[name_m]Alexander[/name_m] just doesn’t seem to fit
[name_m]Felix[/name_m] - ok, nms
[name_u]Robin[/name_u] - ok
[name_m]Casper[/name_m] - nms
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m] - a great fit but too much with [name_m]Knight[/name_m].

Other ideas:
[name_m]Julian[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m]
[name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_m]William[/name_m]
[name_m]Stuart[/name_m]
[name_m]Caleb[/name_m]
[name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_m]Theodore[/name_m]

The only one I don’t care for is [name_u]Robin[/name_u]. My favorites for your last name and sib sets would be [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_m]Alexander[/name_m].

The only two I’d take off are [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] and [name_u]Robin[/name_u] (knights of round table and a robin Hood association, accordingly). [name_m]Alexander[/name_m] has some knightly feel to it but, I don’t know, I really like it!