How BAD is Charlie Brown?

Good grief! It’s too bad, but I wouldn’t use [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name]. It sounds good, but the association is just too strong. My 2-year-olds know who [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] is, and mention him sometimes (we recently watched the [name]Christmas[/name] special).

I have known Logans with brothers named

[name]Connor[/name]
[name]Aaden[/name]
[name]Jared[/name]
[name]Carter[/name]
[name]Braden[/name]

Good luck!

I would really skip this name, even if you love it. Though it’s not a “bad” connotation (Then again, [name]Charlie[/name] getting the football pulled away isn’t all that great) it is such a strong pop culture figure.

I would personally not bundle your child with this.

It’s bad. I will say that my step sister named my nephew something RIDICULOUS on all levels first middle last, ridiculous, but the thing is that the kid is bigger and stronger than his classmates as well as charismatic, and hilarious, so he is loved by his peers and he doesn’t get teased about his ridiculous name. (this goes to show that kids will tease other kids about anything they can find, if they don’t like the kid)

If you love [name]Charlie[/name] – I would recommend giving him a middle name that he can choose to use, if [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] isn’t working out for him, or at least a good set of pronounceable initials. CJ? CB? Another option is giving your child a given first name for school and using [name]Charlie[/name] as a nickname and that is what you can call him at home. That way your future child can choose what he wants to go by when he gets older.

All kids still know who [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] is. They run the specials for every holiday. The comic strips are still in the paper. Knott’s [name]Berry[/name] Farm is still all about Peanuts. No. [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] is just as unusable as [name]Snow[/name] White.

If you have a pretty common surname like [name]Brown[/name] or [name]Smith[/name], I’ve always felt that a more unusual first name would be the best path to follow. It’s a shame that you love [name]Charlie[/name] so much but perhaps you can use it in the middle spot. Another option which you might consider is to have your maiden name attached to [name]Brown[/name]. Is that a viable option? Charlie_____Brown (hyphenated or not) would be better.

Hmm…I know a [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name], too. I worked with his mother. For what it’s worth, it was a family name which began before the comics, but still… And while of course I never commented on the name, the cartoon always popped in my head every time his name came up.

I really like some of the suggestions, esp. [name]Logan[/name] and [name]Elliott[/name]. What about:

[name]Logan[/name] and [name]Trevor[/name] [name]Brown[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] and [name]Cameron[/name] [name]Brown[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] and [name]Gavin[/name] [name]Brown[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] and [name]Evan[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] and [name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] and [name]Nathaniel[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] and [name]Joel[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] and [name]Silas[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] and [name]Wesley[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] and [name]Barrett[/name]

[name]Just[/name] a note…someone suggested [name]Sawyer[/name]. I like it, but you should know that [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Brown[/name] is a country music band. I don’t know where you’re at or what people in your circle of friends are in to, but if you are around people who are country fans, they’ll definitely recognize it. But then again I am from near Nashville, so it jumped out at me. :slight_smile:

[name]Leroy[/name]

Bad. Really Bad. I am sorry to be so blunt, but I think you posted this question because at least some part of you knows that you are considering a name choice that will negatively impact your child and you want to be stopped. The name [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] would not be so bad if the character were a happy hero rather than being associated with depression and being a loser. As others have pointed out, The Peanuts [name]Christmas[/name] (and Halloween and…) still airs every year, the play “Your a good man, [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name]” is still put on (sometimes even in high schools) and a huge Peanuts comic book retrospective has just come out. The point is that the a common awareness of the Peanuts character can be expected to continue for the foreseeable future.
I wish you luck in finding a name for your son. Have you considered [name]Chase[/name], [name]Harley[/name], [name]Carl[/name], [name]Chester[/name], [name]Sammy[/name], [name]Wylie[/name], [name]Riley[/name], [name]Marley[/name], [name]Georgie[/name], [name]Billy[/name], or some other name that contains the elements that draw you to [name]Charlie[/name]?

@ agirlinred
That is a good song…

I agree. [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] isn’t going away and there are so many names. Pick something else.

Thanks again everyone for their input… i must say that we live in Australia not [name]AMerica[/name] and [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] is definitely not on tv here… however i think we will give it a miss. You are all right though i did post here because i had doubts. I know that there are tonnes of better names than [name]Charlie[/name] to go with our last name and with [name]Logan[/name] it is just finding one we agree on.

I also think we would be better using [name]Jett[/name] as a middle name so it flows better.

[name]Carter[/name]
[name]Jett[/name]
[name]Taj[/name]
[name]Tatum[/name]
[name]Theo[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name]
[name]Judson[/name]
[name]Everett[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name]
[name]Jaxton[/name]

These are a few names that have popped out at me but this list has no input from DP because he still refuses to discuss names until we know what we are having which is driving me nuts cos that wont be until easter… Let me know what you think of these or please keep making suggestions.

I’m a little late, and I already posted it, but I just wanted to say that [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name] is my school’s musical this year. :slight_smile:

ANYWAY to help you find a name…my favorite on your list is [name]Carter[/name]. It’s such a cute name and fits so naturally with [name]Logan[/name]. I can imagine a [name]Logan[/name] and [name]Carter[/name] sibset so easily, and [name]Carter[/name] [name]Jett[/name] is a pretty cool combo.

You’ve got a nice list of alternatives to [name]Charlie[/name] [name]Brown[/name]. I think any of them would go well with [name]Logan[/name] (except maybe for [name]Taj[/name], which seems so much more exotic.)

[name]Carter[/name]-- a little plain, but nice
[name]Jett[/name]-- yeah, probably better in the middle
[name]Taj[/name]-- sounds cool, but see above
[name]Tatum[/name]-- I think this is more popular as a girl’s name lately. Always makes me think of potatoes, but maybe that’s just me…
[name]Theo[/name]-- I prefer this as a nn for [name]Theodore[/name], but I think [name]Theo[/name] is cool and sounds great with [name]Logan[/name]
[name]Parker[/name]-- nice
[name]Sawyer[/name]-- sounds so fun and adventurous to me
[name]Judson[/name]-- love this!
[name]Everett[/name]-- love!
[name]Lucas[/name]-- a bit matchy with [name]Logan[/name], maybe
[name]Jaxton[/name]-- this seems trendy and made up to me, sorry

Favorites: [name]Judson[/name], [name]Everett[/name], and [name]Theo[/name], in that order. Any of these would make a wonderful brother for [name]Logan[/name]!
Good luck :slight_smile: