How can I honor these two people?

So I’m going to give you a short version of the background story about why I want to honor these two people. For about 2 years I babysat for these two little girls all the time, eventually I started loving them like little sisters. Then, a little over a year ago, they moved up to the mountains, and I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye to them. It broke my heart and not a day has gone by that I haven’t thought about them. These girls have affected my life so much, and I would still do anything for them and would love to honor them one day.

Their names are [name]Ella[/name] and [name]Rachel[/name], and here is where the problem comes in. My name is [name]Rachel[/name] too, and I don’t like the idea of giving my daughter my first name. (As I became a regular at their house, I was called Big [name]Rachel[/name] and she was called [name]Little[/name] [name]Rachel[/name].)
I would like for the names to be a first/middle combo, and they don’t have to be the exact same names. But any ideas for related names would be a big help.

If you have any ideas on how I can honor these two girls, I would love to hear it. :slight_smile: Thank you so much.

What about using their initials?

[name]Rose[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Eliana[/name] [name]Raquel[/name] (if you’re interested in something exotic, and [name]Raquel[/name] is Spanish for [name]Rachel[/name])
[name]Rosabelle[/name] ([name]Rachel[/name]'s initial, with [name]Ella[/name] in the form of [name]Elle[/name] at the end)
[name]Raphaelle[/name] (ditto)

Good luck! :slight_smile:

[name]Ella[/name] [name]Rachelle[/name]
[name]Elinor[/name] [name]Racquel[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Rachelle[/name]
[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Rachelle[/name]

[name]Jill[/name]'s suggestion of [name]Rosabelle[/name] would work great. I also like Bellaitalia04’s [name]Elinor[/name]/[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Raquel[/name].

Let see -

[name]Ellison[/name] [name]Rae[/name]
[name]Ray[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] or [name]Rae[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Raina[/name] [name]Noelle[/name] or [name]Rayna[/name] [name]Noelle[/name]
[name]Annabella[/name] [name]Chantel[/name]
[name]Chantel[/name]
Anything with a [name]Ray[/name] sound to it like =
[name]Reagan[/name], [name]Rain[/name], [name]Raven[/name], [name]Raleigh[/name]/Raley.
Or names that end in -ella like [name]Mirabella[/name], [name]Stella[/name], [name]Isabella[/name] ect.

Raella?
Rayella
([name]Ray[/name]-[name]Ella[/name])

I think people have already suggested some very good ideas and I agree with them but another one would be to give your daughter a double middle name [name]Ella[/name] [name]Rachel[/name] or [name]Rachel[/name] [name]Ella[/name] either way. Then you have the first name free for your choice! You could also hyphenate them…don’t know if you’re into that kind of thing though. Anyway, hope that was helpful:)

What about [name]Rachella[/name]?

[name]Raquel[/name] comes to mind. Since [name]Rachel[/name] means “lamb” another name that came to mind was [name]Agnes[/name], also means lamb. There is the Italian [name]Agnella[/name], which is just a form of [name]Agnes[/name].

I thought of this too but I think it really only works as a mn, especially since your first name is also [name]Rachel[/name]. The “regular” [name]Rachelle[/name] as a mn also works. Hmm. Since the two names overlap so much I can’t think of any other alternatives.

WDYT of [name]Ellery[/name]? It combines [name]Ella[/name] with the R sound of [name]Rachel[/name].

Thank you guys so much for your wonderful suggestions!

I really love:
[name]Rosabelle[/name]
[name]Eva[/name] [name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Rachelle[/name]
[name]Ellery[/name]

Your suggestions mean so much to me, thanks :slight_smile:

I’m happy you found some options! :slight_smile: Yea! :slight_smile:

Good luck! :slight_smile: