How common is Lily?

I know tons of Lily’s, of all ages (and spellings). [name_f]My[/name_f] best friend is a [name_f]Lily[/name_f] but in school there were always tons, and a lot of Liliana’s too. Not a ton of Lillian’s though

1 Like

[name_f]Lily[/name_f] was the name where I live about 10/15 years ago. So I know quite a few middle school/high school aged girls but I haven’t met a young lily in quite a few years. That being said, though Lily’s popularity is going down, there are soo many related names it could blend into the sea of [name_f]Lila[/name_f], [name_f]Leila[/name_f], [name_f]Lillian[/name_f], [name_f]Delilah[/name_f], [name_f]Leela[/name_f], [name_f]Ella[/name_f], [name_f]Ellie[/name_f]. If that bothers you.

I actually absolutely love [name_f]Lily[/name_f], it is one of the few names I would still consider despite popularity as it is so sweet and elegant. It is beautiful without being frilly or pretentious.

i don’t know many little kids at all (though i’ve heard lily called in the park several times), but i know so many lilys around my age (teens) that i feel like it has to be popular among little ones as well. (i’m in the uk)

I haven’t met any Lilys recently, it was pretty common 3-5 years ago in my area but seems to be dropping now! :slight_smile:

I don’t think I know any Lily’s - I do know an 12(ish) year old named [name_f]Liliana[/name_f] though!