How did you come up with your children’s names?

My husband and I recently decided on the names for our twins (a boy and a girl!) due this [name_f]September[/name_f], and it was such a PROCESS.

We figured out our girl‘s name, [name_f]Elena[/name_f] [name_f]Joy[/name_f] Liguori, pretty much immediately. [name_f]Elena[/name_f] was the first name I suggested and he fell in love with it instantly. I’ve quite literally dreamed of naming my daughter [name_f]Elena[/name_f] my whole life and the fact that he loves it as much as I do was so exciting

If only figuring out my son’s name was as easy. . .

My top names for boys were, and frankly still are, [name_m]Dimitri[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorne[/name_m], [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Wolff[/name_m], and [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Rain[/name_u]. The only name of my list my husband liked at all was [name_u]Jasper[/name_u] [name_u]Rain[/name_u], but he felt like he wanted a more British name to represent his country. He wanted names like Ackley, [name_u]George[/name_u], Rawdon, etc and I hated all of them with [name_f]Elena[/name_f]. After a few months of back and forth we whittled it down to [name_u]Louie[/name_u], a name that we both like. We’re still working on a middle name, but my husband really loves [name_u]Louie[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u] Liguori.

It worked out in a way because [name_f]Elena[/name_f] is fairly popular in the states while obscure in [name_f]England[/name_f], and [name_u]Louie[/name_u] is quite common in [name_f]England[/name_f] but rare in the states.

How did you guys come up with your babies’ names? I’m excited to read your stories!

1 Like

I went with Biblical classics because I liked the history and the sound.
[name_u]Jessie[/name_u]
[name_m]Joshua[/name_m]
[name_m]Jacob[/name_m]

1 Like