How did you find Nameberry?

I’m curious how everyone found this amazing site! I found it because I was tired of babynames.it only having 1900-2015 top 1000 names lists, so I went looking for something that had more. Thank goodness I clicked on this site!

1 Like

I was searching up sibling names such as Sister for ____ for my characters, and I found links to the forums :grin:

2 Likes

A while ago I was really into dice games(I sort of still am) and I wanted to play a dice game where I could build a family. [name_f]My[/name_f] search led to the forums and I started to use the site without an account for a while. Eventually I wanted to post on other games so I made an account. For the first year and a half or so all I did was play bngs and look at the names outside the forum. It was just this year that I got more involved in other parts of the forums!

2 Likes

I’ve used this site for reference for a paper list of names for years (I probably looked up the meaning of a name or something), and started going on the forums after making an account this year to make an online list.

1 Like

I found it searching for ____ names and getting the lists and blog posts on this site. I read those for a couple of years before discovering the forums. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Probably a google search that led to another that lad to another that led here.

1 Like

I looked up baby name games and found the forum!

1 Like

I was looking up “Names like …” on my browser and I found this!

1 Like

I often searched name lists (like Names Starting With _) and NB was always in results, one day I decided to explore this site and now I’m here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have been researching names since junior high. One time in high school I found this website and started reading the blogs! Once in college, I was reading the blogs every night and reading some of the forum posts. It wasn’t until recently that I got more into the forums.

1 Like

I was in touch with another name enthusiast, she had really amazing name lists and she said she got all her inspiration from Nameberry, so obviously I had to check it out. I started reading the blogs. I typed random names into the search bar. I started creating lists. I took on the forums.
And it’s really been worth it!

3 Likes

My sister-friend didn’t roleplay with us because she was stuck on Nameberry looking at names. I looked the site up when I got home. First name I ever found: [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]. It used to be my favorite.

1 Like

Google .i search in this website “princess names” . Here exist 106 princess names

1 Like

I would search for meanings of names, and nameberry would be one of the search results. Then I used nameberry by searching something like “[name_f]Emma[/name_f] nameberry” and it would show me forum pages where people were discussing the given name. I lurked on the forums for a bit before making an account.

2 Likes

I majorly lurked in Description Name Game.

1 Like

I found this site the exact same way. Funny?

1 Like