How did you get your nickname?

Basically my brother nickname with one different letter

The nickname that my friends gave me is [name_u]Berry[/name_u], and it originally stemmed from my having strawberry-brown hair, and then when I told them I loved berries, it really stuck. [name_f]Kinda[/name_f] funny now, being on a site where all the users are called Berries :joy:

4 Likes

Hazabelle - From a friend who combined my name (Hazel) with my favorite Disney-Princess (Belle)!

[name_f]Muffin[/name_f] - From… my favorite food as a toddler? Perhaps my round face? Dunno!

Mouse - I was a very squeaky child who loved [name_f]Maisy[/name_f] Mouse.

Hoo-Hah - I couldn’t pronounce my own name as a child!

[name_u]Basil[/name_u] - Well… who doesn’t love a rhyme!

1 Like

I honestly have no idea where [name_f]Honey[/name_f] Pot and [name_u]Pumpkin[/name_u] ( though my dad says it more like Punkin :joy: ) came from. [name_f]My[/name_f] siblings call me [name_u]Man[/name_u] and Manno sometimes, which is very annoying. :unamused: Other than those, I don’t really have any other significant nicknames.

1 Like
  1. I used to ‘growl’ instead of cry or babble as a baby, hence, ‘Growl’

2. There’s a guinea pig food brand called ‘Gerty Guinea Pig’ and we have guinea pigs and some how I started to get called [name_f]Gert[/name_f] or [name_f]Gertie[/name_f] :man_shrugging:

Same with me they couldn’t say my name so they changed one letter and it stuck but I also have an international nickname from the spelling of my name in my other language which I prefer but is mostly used by family and people there (or friends who also speak the language and know how to say it) since in english it sounds terrible as it is never pronounced right

my dad has always called me bear… i’m really not sure why! :bear:

fun question! i don’t really have a ton of nicknames, but when we were little my brother couldn’t pronounce daisy right, so he’d call me “zee” and to this day he rarely calls me daisy. :joy:

I have a lot of nicknames…some of my irl nicknames (put in order of how they evolved lol):
[name_f]Lottie[/name_f]
Lottie-Lou
Lucy-Lou
[name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] (my mom actually calls me [name_f]Lucinda[/name_f] on a regular basis…)

[name_u]Charlie[/name_u]
Charlie-Char
[name_f]Char[/name_f]

Nicknames assigned to me by the wonderful teenberries on here :grin::
Chair (I think it was a typo – @wishmay 's – I believe, that started this one :sweat_smile:)
[name_m]Chuck[/name_m]
Mermaid (uhm, very long story…but I’m a mermaid on here loll)
& a couple more that I’m forgetting at the moment :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Teddly - when I came out to my friend, her dad kept on forgetting my new name and accidentally combined my dead name with my chosen name.

Mushroom/Shroomie - basically bc I love mushrooms, I think? [name_u]Or[/name_u] it could be bc I use to be hippie and tired and a lot people thought I was on something. Lol

[name_m]Just[/name_m] the first 3 letters of my first name lol

[name_f]My[/name_f] childhood best friend (practically my brother from another mother :joy:) couldn’t say [name_f]Megan[/name_f] when we were little, so he always called me May-May. His mom has always called me [name_f]May[/name_f] as a result, and most of my family has also caught on at this point!

1 Like

On here, I’ve gotten [name_u]Lu[/name_u], [name_f]Lulu[/name_f], Lularoe & Lululemon (because some people were insistent that I should be named after a brand of leggings :wink:), [name_u]Lemon[/name_u] (from Lululemon), & Melon (as a misspelling of Lemon) :grin:

There are probably more that I’m forgetting!

1 Like

irl i was petra peanut, petra peanut butter, little pea, pea, etc when i was little and on nb i’m pretty much exclusively pip/pippi because @wishmay and @clair.de.lune insisted on calling me that

2 Likes

and lulabead

my irl nickname is Ja Ja, but on NB I go by [name_f]Gia[/name_f], [name_f]Claire[/name_f] (from my username), [name_u]Cleo[/name_u] (because @idyllic insisted on Kleenex), Cantaloupe (because Melon and Cantaloupe @wishmay) and some others that will take faaaaar too long explaining :kissing_heart:

1 Like

:joy: where did that come from, again?

1 Like

Such as Arnold Florian and Mrs. Weasley!

1 Like

lulabear had a lil typo

AND MRS WEASLEY!!!

1 Like

me! me! that was me! i’m some people!