How did you tell your husband/SO?

I know there is already a thread about ways to tell people you are pregnant, but I’m curious how people told their baby’s father/husband/significant other. I know I will tell my husband and family/friends in different ways, so just curious to see what other people out there did or are planning to do!!

Yay just what i have been planing and thinking about! Looking forward to other ppls ideas

ah well i actually have a couple of plans (not pregnant yet but trying) and really not sure which one to pick so maybe ppl can tell me which one you like?

Option 1- hubby gets home i announce i bought him some new clothes- let him open package with cute baby onsie saying “I love my Daddy”- let that sink in

Option 2- First a back story- i proposed to my partner on the leap year i carefully cutt open a kinder surprise removed the toy and replaced with a cheap looking engagement ring and a note asking him to marry me- resealed and packaged like it was never touched- announce to partner I bought a treat (his fav chocolate)- waited until after dinner for partner to eat kinder surprise for desert - que surprise. Same premise but replace toy with small baby and note saying “Your going to be a Daddy!”

Option 3- get a t-shirt that has an image of a bun in the oven- wear it around the house to see how long it takes him to work it out- or something similar

So which one should i pick or does anyone have alternate ideas?

I am not married or anything; but I liked option 2 best because it suits you and your partner.

Here’s some suggestions: Pregnancy Reveal: 18 Impressive Ways To Tell Your Husband And Family
Top Pregnancy Announcement Captions

The first time I was too excited I just blurted it out. Next time I think I’ll put a “big sister” shirt on our little one and see how long it takes him to notice.

I posted in the other similar thread about going to a photo booth and showing my husband the positive pregnancy test right before all the pics start snapping. It’s a great idea (I found it on Pinterest) but I just discovered that the only photo booth I know of near us has been removed :frowning: So unless another one pops up within the next couple months I’ll have to find another plan.

@bettydogooder- I agree with @sodallas3, option number two seems more personal for you and your husband, so I’d probably go with that for you.

I like the other two options too though! My husband doesn’t like it when I buy him clothes tho (he always returns them or they just sit in the back of the closet), so I don’t know if me buying him a shirt or something as a surprise would be too much of a dead giveaway that something big was going on.

Hmmm… I’ll have to see what other people say to see…

You could put a couple onesies and baby socks in with the laundry and ask him to fold it while you’re out? The onesies could have writing on them, so its clear they’re for your baby.

Or you could wrap up a single onesie as a gift for him to open?

I like the photobooth idea, but pictures with the pregnancy test are gross to me…you pee on it. I, personally, would prefer to use like the fist ultrasound, or even just say “I’m pregnant” while in the photobooth.

We had given up on being able to get pregnant. So when I saw two pink lines. I ran into the other room and yelled crying you are going to be a daddy!! ( I am almost 40 and he is almost 42) We had a failed IVF last year. So this really is our miracle!

When/if we have kids we’re going to do a picture of an oven with a bun in it. With a last name like [name_m]Baker[/name_m] I’ve been told to expect lots of jokes on that.
I have no idea how I would tell him though. I’m hoping it’s while he’s home and I don’t have to tell him “Surprise! You’re a daddy!” right after he leaves for a long deployment.
I might leave a picture of the test on the tv or somewhere he’ll see it and see how long before he actually notices it.

Yeah for you, knitfrog! That’s wonderful!

Funny story, I didn’t tell him I was pregnant, he told me that I was pregnant!

I conceived in mid February, at that time my boyfriend and I were broken up, though we were still sexually active. Because of the circumstances in my life we moved in together FAR too soon, he needed to figure out if he actually loved me or if we just spent so much time together. In [name_u]March[/name_u] things went very sour, I flipped shit on him and we completely stopped talking and had absolutely no contact. I lived my life normal, not knowing I was pregnant. Then right before memorial day weekend he called me, which I was shocked about. He apologized for all kinds of things and told me he realized he really did and does love me, and that he wanted to meet up and talk about things. I agreed, but had no intentions of getting back together. So that [name_f]Sunday[/name_f] I went to his house, we talked one thing led to another and we ended up hooking up. We woke up [name_f]Monday[/name_f] on Memorial [name_u]Day[/name_u] and he was just looking at me strange until he finally asked me, Are you pregnant? I was completely caught off guard and didn’t know what the heck he was talking about. I told him No, I’m not pregnant. He just looked at me head to toe and told me, You’re pregnant, I can tell, you’re pregnant babe. I told him there was no way I was pregnant and decided on taking a test to humor him. So we walked to the store, got a test, came home, it instantly turned out positive. Did another, and another, all of which were positive. I was SHOCKED. The following day I went in for a vaginal ultrasound to confirm, and the lady told me, Congratulations, you’re 14 weeks, 4 days pregnant and handed me an ultrasound picture of my little baby, not the weird blob most people see on their first ultrasound, but a baby.

It amazes me to this day the events that happened to lead up to me discovering I’m pregnant. He is not the type of person that would ever apologize like he did even though he knew he was in the wrong, when a relationship is over to him it’s over no matter what. He doesn’t even know what made him call me, but apparently he was fighting it for months and finally decided to. It amazes me even more he knows my body well enough to notice little things about it had changed enough to come to the conclusion that I must be pregnant - hell I don’t even know my body that well!

With DD, I had been eating like a horse for a week, even though I hadn’t yet missed my period. It was the weekend, and we had gone to a little Italian sandwich place that we hadn’t been to in a while. I polished off a sandwich that I usually wouldn’t be able to finish half of, and he demanded that we stop at the drugstore on the way home to get a test. He wasn’t surprised in the least when I screamed from the bathroom.

This time I was the one who just knew, about a week before I missed my period, that I was pregnant. DH is a huge supporter of our city’s baseball team, and I bought a bib with the team logo on it before I’d even gotten a positive test. Once I confirmed, I told DH that I had a late Father’s [name_u]Day[/name_u] present for him, and gave him the wrapped up bib and a card that read something like “Our home team is growing, just in time for [name_f]Spring[/name_f] Training 2014!” He stared at it for at least 30 seconds before it sank in. Poor guy!

For both kids my husband sat and waited for the pregnancy test to show the results. For my son we both watched it together and when we saw the second line appear didn’t say anything just gasps and hugs. With my daughter my son was causing trouble in another room so I went to deal with him and was walking back in as the second line faintly appeared. I kept insisting it wasn’t there (not because I didn’t want to be pregnant it just shocked me how easily I got pregnant the second time) and my husband kept pointing out that it definitely was there. I liked finding out together and enjoyed that more then any sort of cute Pinterest worthy method of sharing the news.

OMG you guys, the funniest thing just happened!!

So I’m not pregnant and we’re not trying. I was just reading through this thread for the cuteness factor and I saw Feberin’s post about how she wouldn’t trade the moment of finding out together for any of those cute Pinterest worthy surprise methods. It got me thinking, because my Husband is a fairly straight-forward guy…I’ve always had these fun ideas of sharing the news, but we literally do EVERYTHING together, so that comment made me wonder if he’d prefer to find out at the same time as me.

So I asked him. “[name_f]Babe[/name_f], would you rather be there with me when I take the pregnancy test or would you want me to come up with a cute little memorable way to surprise you with the news?” And he gets this deer-in-the-headlights look on his face and he’s like “Uhm…I’m going to need some time to think about that. Unless this is actually you telling me you’re pregnant, in which case I need to know RIGHT. NOW.”

It hadn’t even occurred to me that he could take it that way! I died laughing.

My husband and I also do a lot together so I think if I didn’t plan a way to tell him, he would probably be right there with me waiting for the results of the test.
But I think that this is (probably) the only thing a woman has the power to either conceal or share (at least at first obviously), so I think it is super fun to be able to surprise people with the news! It’s probably the only time in my life I’ll be able to surprise my husband with such fantastic, life changing news. I would want it to be fun and memorable.
My personal feelings about it aside, my husband did tell me he wants me to surprise him with the news. Not what I expected from him, but I’m willing to take on the challenge! [name_m]Hence[/name_m] me starting this thread to look for ideas…

Not pregnant or anything, but when my mother got pregnant with me (I was the second child) she put two bows on the door, one blue and one pink. That was how she told my dad. The pink bow is still on our door (its the door in the garage, not my front door). I think that was a cute way.

I’m going to resurrect this thread from a while back…

I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately because we will be actively TTC in a few weeks after years of talking about it, so needless to say, I’m excited!

I already know how I want to tell our friends and family we are pregnant when the time comes, but I have no clue how to share the news with my husband.

Unfortunately, I feel like my husband is unsurprisable, even though he said he wants it to be a surprise when I tell him I am preggo. He is super laid back and not really into riddles or practical jokes, so all the cute things out there about making a “baby” themed dinner or wearing a funny shirt, etc don’t really feel right for us. I obviously don’t know how the exact moment is going to go when I take a test or whatever, but I feel like just blurting it out is a total missed opportunity to have some fun :-p

Soooooo basically I’m just daydreaming about the moment when I see a positive on the test and trying to kill some time by coming up with a plan!

Any thoughts or ideas from ladies out there who have SO’s that are not easy to surprise???

I would love to come up with a cute, memorable idea for this, but the problem is that I can’t keep the news to myself. I tell my husband EVERYthing. I can’t even hardly buy him a [name_u]Christmas[/name_u] present without immediately telling him and ruining the surprise.

Maybe if we have a 5th I will finally surprise him.