How do my names sound together?

I have a four-name shortlist for my future kids. I’m young, so this list will almost definitely change, but I was wondering…
[name]How[/name] well do these names go together?

[name]Walter[/name]
[name]Irene[/name]
[name]Jeremiah[/name]
[name]Veronica[/name]

I plan on having two kids, and multiples are practically unheard of in my family, so that list should cover all possibilities. But stylistically, how do they fit together? Would sisters named [name]Irene[/name] and [name]Veronica[/name] sound strange? Or brothers named [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Jeremiah[/name]? A girl and a guy will be [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Irene[/name], which I think sounds nice, but does it really?

Help! I think I’m crazy!

Well [name]Walter[/name], [name]Veronica[/name] and [name]Irene[/name] work beautifully together, so [name]Jeremiah[/name] doesn’t work, but [name]Jeremy[/name] does so I would put him on the list.

[name]Jeremiah[/name] is a great name but his brother would probably be named

[name]Joshua[/name] (do you want the same ending eg ‘a’)?

[name]Jeremiah[/name] and [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Jeremiah[/name] and [name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Jeremiah[/name] and [name]Zebulon[/name] (this may be too far out for your tast)
[name]Jeremiah[/name] and [name]Timothy[/name]

rollo :slight_smile:

Great list!
To me, [name]Veronica[/name] kind of stands out as not matching [name]Irene[/name], but maybe it is just because I don’t really care for the name [name]Veronica[/name] :wink: (personal associations, it is not necessarily a bad name). I love [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Irene[/name] together, I;m not so sure on the others.

They are all quite different style wise to me, [name]Walter[/name] is definitely old fashioned, [name]Irene[/name] is middle aged, [name]Jeremiah[/name] is more trendy even though it is biblical whilst [name]Veronica[/name] is more of a classic.

I think [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Irene[/name] go well together, and [name]Jeremiah[/name] and [name]Veronica[/name] go well together, but the four together don’t work. [name]Irene[/name] is very blunt and dated, while [name]Veronica[/name] seems much more flowery and timeless. [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Jeremiah[/name] have the same problems, [name]Walter[/name] sounds older and more serious…[name]Jeremiah[/name] is a lot more trendy and just sounds more energetic. [name]Walter[/name], [name]Irene[/name], [name]Jerome[/name], and [name]Vera[/name] could work though. ([name]Gerald[/name] could work too)

I have the same issues that the rest of you have- [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Irene[/name] click somehow for me. I just can’t seem to get past my love for [name]Veronica[/name] and [name]Jeremiah[/name]. So I’ll just have to be content with them for now, until my taste changes some more.

I figure by the time I’m having kids (another ten years, at least) [name]Walter[/name] and [name]Irene[/name] will be more like the grandparent names we’re all in love with right now. I’ll just bide my time :wink:

I do have a soft spot for [name]Vera[/name], however, so thank you jadediana! It’s a good backup :slight_smile:

My girl’s name list, for reference (they’re not in any order):
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Tabitha[/name]
[name]Cosette[/name]
[name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Esmeralda[/name] **
[name]Wren[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Rowena[/name]
[name]Saffron[/name] **
[name]Vera[/name] **
[name]Evangeline[/name]
[name]Elspeth[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Adelaide[/name] **

and my guy’s list:
[name]Seth[/name]
[name]Rohan[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name]
[name]Griffin[/name]
[name]Gavin[/name]
[name]Deric[/name]
[name]Colin[/name] **
[name]Seamus[/name]
[name]Lysander[/name]
[name]Tristan[/name] **
[name]Thaddeus[/name] **
[name]Harrison[/name]

So obviously my taste is all over the place.