How do you change your partner's mind?

We just had a little girl. He wanted [name]Morgan[/name]. I wanted [name]Charlotte[/name]. We ended up with [name]Eliza[/name], which I like much better than both choices! I’m not sure yet if we’re going to have another baby, but how do I work over the next few years to get him over [name]Morgan[/name]? :slight_smile:

Also, his favorite boy’s name is [name]Conner[/name]. He just doesn’t respect my desire for less common names at all!

You could try finding a book (that he’d be willing to read - or a movie that he would watch) exposing him in a positive way to a particular name you like. AFTER he has read the book (or watched the movie), you could then suggest the name for a future child. At that point, he is likely to be much more receptive to the name than if you present it to him out of the blue. He may be less likely to give a gut reaction that is negative.

Why not compromise again? I think [name]Eliza[/name] is more beautiful than [name]Charlotte[/name] & [name]Morgan[/name] :slight_smile:

After I named my son my name choices changed a lot. I named him [name]Connor[/name] and love his name but I didn’t realize how common it was becoming. Since I started coming to nameberry the names i like keep getting less and less common. I think he just needs to get into names more or meet more parents that have kids with names like [name]Morgan[/name] to get on board with your more unusual taste in names.
ps if you ever name your son [name]Connor[/name] please spell it with an or not an er! lol pet pev of mine sorry :slight_smile:

What about [name]Margot[/name]?