How do you feel about 2 middle names?

I really like the names that we came up with for our daughters, but I had originally wanted to use two family names as middle names/first names. ([name]Ruby[/name] and [name]June[/name]). [name]Do[/name] you think it would be excessive to have two middle names? [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]/[name]June[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]/[name]June[/name]. My oldest daughter only has two names, but both of them are family names. WDYT? should I just let it go?

I really like the idea of two middles for the babies, but part of me think that because [name]Dorothy[/name] only has one middle name, she may wonder why she was only given one, and not two. Hmm…

With the pretty middles you’ve already chosen, I really like [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ruby[/name].

If using the family names will make you feel happy, I think you should use them! :slight_smile:

Whatever you decide, I wish you the best! :slight_smile:

(I hope you’re doing well!)

Well the people that I would be honoring are very special to me. We might just get a dog and give her a double name. That’s my husband and I’s answer to a lot of this. [name]Ebeneezer[/name]?? No! But, if you really like it, we can name a cat that! :wink:

You are right, that combination is better. [name]Do[/name] both names usually go on the birth certificate and then only the first one is really recognized?

Haha! Put it on a pet! :slight_smile: I love it!

I think that [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]June[/name] (I thought a shorter name would sound better after two longer names) and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] are just beautiful! :slight_smile:

I think it matters more if one twin has a double middle and the other twin only has one middle (such as with [name]Sarah[/name] [name]Jessica[/name] [name]Parker[/name]'s twins), than if both twins have two middles and [name]Dorothy[/name] only has one. (That was confusing, so I hope I made sense!) I think it’s great that you may go with double middles for the twins!

In the “Talk About Names” section there are several threads about double middles. From what I read, some people’s double middles appear on their drivers license, while for other people, only their first middle is recognized.

Here’s a recent blog on the topic:

https://nameberry.com/blog/2009/09/23/middle-names-are-two-better-than-one/

I’m sure people with double middles experience will reply soon! :slight_smile:

Take care!

As always [name]Jill[/name], thanks for the advice!

You’re so welcome! This is fun! :slight_smile:

I’ve always loved the idea of giving a child two middle names and the combinations [name]Matilda[/name] [name]Adelaide[/name] [name]June[/name] and [name]Eloise[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Ruby[/name] are really really gorgeous but I’m not sure it would be right to give them two middle names when your other daughter only has one.

I suppose it doesn’t seem like too much of a problem though and like [name]Jill[/name] said as long as both the twins have the same amount of names things should be fine.

Good luck with everything:)

Oh I didn’t see what [name]Jill[/name] said about people with double middle names replying so I should probably mention that I have two middle names and both of them are always used on every formal document I’ve ever had. [name]Hope[/name] that helped:)

I have two middle names and my brother only has one. This has never seemed strange to us. Also, both of my middle names have been used on all official forms.

I’ve personally never been a fan of it, but those names sound very nice! Good luck!