How do you feel about these odd names?

Here’s some weird names that I kind of like:
[name_m]Garvin[/name_m]
Jexica
McKennedeigh
[name_f]Bobette[/name_f] (for a girl or boy)
[name_m]Jaxton[/name_m]
[name_m]Jayson[/name_m] (pronounced [name_m]Jason[/name_m])
[name_f]Leesa[/name_f] (pronounced [name_u]Lisa[/name_u])
Davick
[name_m]Pawl[/name_m] (pronounced [name_m]Paul[/name_m])

Which is your favorite or least favorite? What are your thoughts?

I can see the appeal but feel the strange spellings make them difficult to use IRL. McKennedeigh & [name_f]Bobette[/name_f] sound made up, I don’t think they work. Sorry.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t like any of them! :flushed:

[name_f]Leesa[/name_f] and [name_m]Jayson[/name_m] are probably my favourites/the most usable, but I far prefer [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] and [name_m]Jason[/name_m].

McKennedeigh and [name_f]Bobette[/name_f] would be my least favourites.

1 Like

Well, first off, I feel the moral need to tell you that [name_f]Bobette[/name_f] means underwear in [name_u]French[/name_u], so I HIGHLY discourage using it as a first name for a child, even if you don’t live somewhere particularly [name_u]French[/name_u].
McKennedeigh feels like an awful lot is going on there, and I’m not wild about any of the particular components (Mc names/Kennedy/leigh names).
[name_m]Jayson[/name_m] is probably the most usable in my eyes, followed by [name_m]Jaxton[/name_m]. [name_f]Leesa[/name_f] could potentially work too I suppose, though I think [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] looks much nicer on paper.

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of any, although I have met a [name_m]Jayson[/name_m] and I know someone with a son called [name_m]Jaxton[/name_m], so they are clearly useable to some. I feel like [name_f]Leesa[/name_f], [name_m]Jayson[/name_m], and [name_m]Pawl[/name_m] are the most usable, but it makes more sense to me to spell them [name_u]Lisa[/name_u], [name_m]Jason[/name_m], and [name_m]Paul[/name_m] in [name_f]English[/name_f] speaking countries. I also think there was a post on Reddit(?) about the name McKennedeigh, and it is fair to say it wasn’t positive!

1 Like

[name_f]Bobette[/name_f] just makes me laugh tbh :crazy_face:
i quite like Jexica tho

I agree with previous posters when they same the names sound made up, especially, [name_f]Bobette[/name_f] and Mckennedeigh. [name_m]Jayson[/name_m] and Leeds are probably the most useable but honestly I prefer [name_u]Lisa[/name_u] and [name_m]Jason[/name_m].

No. None. [name_m]Pawl[/name_m] is ok because it’s the Russian spelling. If it’s a different spelling because it’s from a different language, that’s fine. If it’s a different spelling because it’s “unique,” that’s a full stop.

I am sorry, but I cringe at some of these names. I think the only name that would work is [name_m]Jayson[/name_m]. Anything else is a no go for me.

I feel uncomfortable about all these names, and confused by some.
[name_m]Garvin[/name_m] - is it [name_m]Marvin[/name_m] or [name_m]Gavin[/name_m]?
[name_m]Pawl[/name_m]- I see prowl or paw
Jexica - from Mexica?

If I had to pick a ‘favorite,’ it would be [name_m]Jaxton[/name_m], since I’ve seen/heard it before.
Sorry!

I’ve seen [name_m]Jayson[/name_m] and [name_f]Leesa[/name_f] before, so these aren’t odd to me. But I’m not really a fan of the other names on your list.

My favourite is [name_m]Jaxton[/name_m]. I also like [name_m]Jayson[/name_m], [name_f]Leesa[/name_f] and [name_m]Pawl[/name_m] (because it’s the Welsh spelling of [name_m]Paul[/name_m]). I’m not a fan of the rest. I think my least favourite are Jexica and Davick.

[name_f]Leesa[/name_f] and [name_m]Jayson[/name_m] are usable (and perhaps [name_m]Jaxton[/name_m] as well), but the rest just don’t work imo.

Jayson and [name_m]Jaxton[/name_m] seem most usable, as I know people with both names, but I’m personally not a fan. I think [name_f]Leesa[/name_f] could work, but it would probably be a lifetime of spelling issues.
McKennedeigh is by far my least favorite. Looks extremely made up, and like it’s trying way too hard to be trendy! I also really, really don’t like Jexica.

(While [name_f]Bobette[/name_f] is a no, maybe [name_f]Babette[/name_f] could work?)

Usable (in my opinion):
[name_m]Garvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Jaxton[/name_m]
[name_m]Jayson[/name_m]

The rest are… questionable

I think that if I had to choose one, it would be garvin. Other than that… just no.

Garvin is like a mix of [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] and garden. Not a huge fan. I prefer [name_m]Gavin[/name_m]. Usable but I think it’ll get mixed up as [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] a lot.

Jexica is actually pretty cool. I like it better than [name_f]Jessica[/name_f]. [name_m]Jex[/name_m] is a cool nickname too. Usable but I could see her getting some weird looks.

McKennedeigh is a mouthful. I get the appeal though; it sounds pretty. I think the ‘eigh’ is a little much. I would just spell it McKennedy. Usable but it’s going to take her forever to learn how to spell her name.

Bobette: remember that phase in elementary school where everything was named [name_m]Bob[/name_m] and if it had to be a girl we named it [name_f]Bobette[/name_f]? Yeah, that’s all I can think of. Perhaps [name_f]Babette[/name_f]? (Sorry if you don’t get this, I’m a [name_f]Gen[/name_f] Z and it was a big deal in school lol). Usable but I could see some teasing.

Jaxton is very handsome. It gives me dystopian vibes. I like it better than [name_m]Jaxson[/name_m]. Definitely usable.

Jayson is cool! It’s a refreshing version of [name_m]Jason[/name_m]. [name_u]Love[/name_u] this one! Totally usable.

Leesa is okay. I don’t like the look of it but I do like the unique spelling of a classic name. Definitely usable.

Davick isn’t my favorite, it’s a little too made up for me. I think it’s leaning toward a GP.

Pawl is…uh interesting. I don’t want to be mean but when I saw this one I kinda cringed. I think the [name_m]Paul[/name_m] spelling is much better. [name_m]Pawl[/name_m] is like how a little kid would spell it by sounding it out. I think it’s usable but I could see some teasing.

2 Likes