How do you feel about....?

Hunny told me recently our first girl (together) will be named [name_u]Skylar[/name_u].

Opinions on this name?
Already have [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f] and [name_f]Idina[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]. Mid Name would be [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

Loving [name_f]Verity[/name_f] at the moment…and would love that so much more. Thoughts?

First of all, I’m not a woman that likes to be “told” what to do. :slight_smile: [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t you have a say in what you’re going to name a child? [name_u]Baby[/name_u] naming should be a joint effort and a name shouldn’t be forced upon one parent without that parent loving it too. [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] is a contemporary spelling of the original Dutch surname of [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u]. I prefer the original spelling myself. [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] is ok but it’s not as memorable or distinctive as [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Idina[/name_f]. [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] sounds like she was named by a different set of parents. [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is full of energy and it’s a fave of mine. [name_f]My[/name_f] preference would be [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] rather than [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]. You may also like [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] or [name_f]Clarity[/name_f].

It personally is not my cup of tea- but naming should be a joint decision. It is not up to one person to determine a name (mother or father. I’ve seen it happen both ways.) I think [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is a nice name, and clearly fits in with your style. Good luck :).

It personally is not my cup of tea- but naming should be a joint decision. It is not up to one person to determine a name (mother or father. I’ve seen it happen both ways.) I think [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is a nice name, and clearly fits in with your style. [name_f]Amity[/name_f] is also lovely, and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a great name.

[name_f]Verity[/name_f] is the better choice, love it! It’s great with [name_f]Audrey[/name_f] and [name_f]Idina[/name_f] too.

I don’t care for [name_u]Skylar[/name_u], having had a dreadful experience
with one on a soccer team at age 9. Your older daughters’ names
are adorable and [name_f]Verity[/name_f] is lovely!

I, too, prefer [name_f]Verity[/name_f], but I don’t think [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] is awful. Then again, it’s not my daughter. You should fight for the name you love.

As a student of language, I cannot get on board with a modern name such as [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] - there’s just no history. It’s a misspelled surname.

He is in love with the name [name_u]Skylar[/name_u]. And I can’t STAND it! I named my first two without much consent from their father…so…lol I love [name_f]Verity[/name_f] but its going to take some time to convince him [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] isn’t an option. He is a HUGE skydiver…and Skydiving changed his life. So i guess that’s why he loves it so much. But i just can’t stand it.

Honest opinion: I am the type of person that would immediately react with “Excuse you?” to anyone telling me what my child’s name would be. Someone could tell me my favorite name, but if they did it in that way I’d probably refuse to use it.

I’m not keen on [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] (the [name_u]Schuyler[/name_u] spelling is an improvement, but I’m still not loving the name itself). I also know a toddler named [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f], so the combo feels done and contrived to me. And I just don’t think it’s a really fitting name for her. She’s a gorgeous baby, and then you hear her parents call her [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] and it’s just like “…oh.” The name is underwhelming.

I’m not huge on [name_f]Verity[/name_f], but it’s nice enough. [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is sweet.

[name_f]Verity[/name_f] is lovely and fits well in your set. If you’d both be willing to to consider other names, maybe you could come to an agreement that you love and honors his love of skydiving.

A few suggestions:

[name_f]Avis[/name_f]
[name_f]Alula[/name_f] - Part of a wing.
[name_u]Cloud[/name_u]
[name_f]Alya[/name_f]
[name_f]Anemone[/name_f] - [name_f]Flower[/name_f] name, but behind the name says it comes from the Greek word for wind.
[name_f]Zephyrine[/name_f]
Avian
[name_f]Circe[/name_f]
[name_u]Vega[/name_u]
[name_f]Azure[/name_f]
[name_f]Era[/name_f] - “Wind” in Albanian
[name_f]Kalani[/name_f]
[name_f]Nephele[/name_f]
[name_u]Sky[/name_u] - Instead of [name_u]Skylar[/name_u]
[name_f]Zephyra[/name_f]
[name_f]Sora[/name_f] - Listed as “sky” in Japanese.

I know [name_u]Skylar[/name_u] is unisex, but I’ve never liked it on a girl. What about [name_f]Verity[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u]? Or [name_u]Skye[/name_u] paired with something else as a middle name (since [name_u]Skye[/name_u] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] just doesn’t really work).