How do you get the nickname Zuly?

Looking for a longer form. Thanks!

[name]Suzanna[/name] [name]Julie[/name] was my immediate thought!

I guess you could do…
[name]Suzanna[/name] or [name]Suzanne[/name]

Middle name
[name]Julie[/name]
[name]Lee[/name]
[name]Leigh[/name]
[name]Leonie[/name]
Leonina
Leopoldina
[name]Leola[/name]
ect

Azula was my first thought, but she was a very mean and unstable character on the Avatar the Last Airbender. But still, great name.

[name]Zara[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Zara[/name] [name]Luna[/name]
[name]Zenia[/name] [name]Luna[/name]
[name]Zenia[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Zia[/name] [name]Lucy[/name]
[name]Zia[/name] [name]Luna[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name] [name]Luna[/name]
[name]Azalea[/name] [name]Lenora[/name]
[name]Susanna[/name] [name]Leah[/name]

I knew a girl named [name]Zuleika[/name] in high school.
But apparently Zuly is a real Arabic name - it means ‘vigorous woman’.

[name]Azure[/name] or [name]Azura[/name]. [name]Zuleika[/name] was my first thought. You could use the super search option to find more names with a z, u, a/o l.

Honestly I see it plausible for [name]Julie[/name], [name]Julia[/name], [name]Juliet[/name], [name]Juliana[/name] by rhyming with [name]Julie[/name].

[name]Zuleika[/name] was my first thought too. [name]Love[/name] it and the nn Zuly.

Zerlina maybe? It means ‘beautiful [name]Dawn[/name]’. Or [name]Zulema[/name], which means ‘peace’. I think I like [name]Zulema[/name] more :slight_smile:

Oh I just thought, [name]Rosalie[/name]! That would be perfect.

Also anything with [name]Rose[/name] or [name]Rosa[/name] would work [name]Rosa[/name] [name]Luna[/name], [name]Rose[/name] [name]Lucy[/name], [name]Rosalind[/name], [name]Rose[/name] [name]Leona[/name].

My first thought upon seeing the title of this thread was [name]Zuleika[/name], which has already mentioned. I’d never heard of [name]Zulema[/name] before reading bluejuniper’s post, but I think it would work perfectly to get to Zuly, and the meaning is lovely. There’s also [name]Azul[/name], which I’ve seen used as a name in Latin [name]America[/name] before. There’s an Argentine model named [name]Azul[/name] Caletti.

I did not know that Zuly was a real Arabic name that it means ‘vigorous woman’! Nameberry should add Zuly to the database
[name]Azalea[/name] is a great flower name (which I love!) that I didn’t consider for Zuly! Awesome! [name]Suzanne[/name] or [name]Susanne[/name] would work really well, too. I have a cousin [name]Julia[/name] but I would consider [name]Juliette[/name] if the SO was a big fan. [name]Azure[/name] & [name]Azul[/name] are really cool, but maybe too cool for me. [name]Zuleika[/name] is new to me & I think it has beautiful meaning. Zerlina is too out there (for me). [name]Zulema[/name] is growing on me! It seems like a dignified, aristocratic name. I really like this but I don’t know if I could pull it off. [name]Rosalie[/name] is genius! I love [name]Rose[/name] names & I can’t believe I didn’t see this as an option before. I also think [name]Zoe[/name] L___ might work for me. I like [name]Zia[/name], too. Thanks so much berries! More suggestions or opinions are welcome :slight_smile: