How do you know when to stop looking?

I agree – if we use [name]Rosemary[/name], it will be [name]Rosemary[/name], not [name]Rosemarie[/name]. But does [name]Rosemary[/name] sound a bit dated to you?

We had to cross [name]Emmeline[/name] off of our list when we admitted to ourselves that it doesn’t sound right with our last name.

I’m not really comfortable with [name]Sylvia[/name], either. I like [name]Sylvie[/name] a lot, but not so much [name]Sylvia[/name]. But if you want [name]Sylvie[/name], why not use [name]Sylvia[/name] and have the benefits of both [name]Sylvie[/name] & [name]Sylvia[/name]? (You can definitely get [name]Sylvie[/name] from [name]Sylvia[/name], but if you go with [name]Sylvie[/name], I don’t see how you can get back to [name]Sylvia[/name].)

I am turning the name [name]Estella[/name] over again in my head. We had considered it at one point, but I wasn’t able to get away from the connection with the character in “Great Expectations”.

What do you all think of [name]Jessamyn[/name]? I like this name, which is strange, because I’m not at all fond of the name [name]Jasmine[/name].

Reconsidering [name]Cordelia[/name], too.

Thanks!

I’m not sure if you’ll like this suggestion but the name [name]Sylvan[/name] would be another way to get the nn [name]Sylvie[/name].

Oh, no, I dont think [name]Rosemary[/name] sounds “dated” - or at least, not dated in a negative way. It is not used very much these days - most Rosemarys in the UK were born in the 1940s and 1950s, so I think it is (in [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name]'s parlance), “due for a revival”.

[name]Estella[/name] is lovely, and I would embrace the Great Expectations connection! As long as your surname is not Havisham!

xxx