How do you picture Sabrina?

See the results of this poll: Who is Sabrina?

Respondents: 19 (This poll is closed)

• Fresh, familiar, stands-out-fits-in choice : 13 (68%)
  • Basic 90s girl’s name : 4 (21%)
  • Other (please explain): 2 (11%)

Obviously it reminds me of [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] the Teenage Witch, but with the new Netflix reboot I think it brings it back into the modern name lists! I love [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f], I’m between [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Liesel[/name_f] [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] or [name_f]Olive[/name_f] [name_f]Liesel[/name_f] [name_f]Agnes[/name_f]!

I love the name [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]! It’s a fantastic name! I’ve had the pleasure to meet a girl named [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] and I always associate this name to a kind, beautiful, fun, intelligent and creative person. The name [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] is fresh, mysterious, internacional and girly. I love that it has many nickname options! [name_f]Brie[/name_f], [name_f]Brina[/name_f], Sabby, [name_f]Rina[/name_f], [name_f]Nina[/name_f] and [name_f]Bina[/name_f] are my favorites.

I think always think of [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] the teenage witch, which makes me like it more. It’s fresh, whimsical, and since it’s not as popular as it once was it has a unique vibe. I do think of the 90s when I hear it, but I’m a good throwback way. [name_f]Sabine[/name_f]/[name_f]Sabina[/name_f] are also a great choice.

I quite like [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]. There’s something distinct, witchy yet cute about it. I’ve never actually met one so to me it feels fresh and interesting

Thank you for the feedback! I’m happy to see people seem to like [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f].

Many posters mentioned the teenage witch reference. This doesn’t really bother me. I’ve never actually seen the original but my mom and I will sometimes watch the reboot together so it’s a nice association of spending time with her.

My concern mainly is that 90s names tend to sound boring to me because I grew up with them. I think people likely to have kids at the same time I do will feel similarly and I don’t want to choose a name that people will find boring or expected. [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f] usually gets positive feedback from my friends and family when I mention it. I’ll have to gauge how much the ‘90s throwback’ association really bugs me.

ETA: I like [name_f]Sabina[/name_f], [name_f]Serena[/name_f], and [name_f]Selena[/name_f] but not as much as [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]. [name_f]Sabine[/name_f] is pretty but not for me.

I have three associations with [name_f]Sabrina[/name_f]. the movie character, the girl who bullied me in elementary, and our little neighbor girl. The association that sticks strongest with me is the girl who bullied me so to me it feels more 80/90’s

I don’t have a strong association with it. Does seem like it could be a standout choice in 2019.