how do you prn Azalea?

See the results of this poll: Alexander, Violet and Azalea

Respondents: 29 (This poll is closed)

• could work: 18 (62%)
  • just doesnt fit: 11 (38%)

uh-zay-lee-uh

I love the name [name]Azalea[/name], I live in [name]Ireland[/name] and we prn it [name]Ah[/name]-Zay-le[name]AH[/name], is [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Azalea[/name] a sibset? if so I dont think it works but this is mainly because I dont like to you the same letters for sibling except for twins maybe. I love the three name though.

I personally say it uh-zale-yuh. From the south if that matters at all. I would say that both pronunciations are “correct” though, just a personal thing how many syllables you dig out of the word.

I pronounce it ah-ZAH-lee-[name]AH[/name] with my British accent. I do like [name]Ah[/name]-[name]ZALE[/name]-yuh though, and I think it’s probably the most usable.

I think it’s absolutely lovely [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name]! Although my only worry is that it’s a bit ‘out-there’ compared to them. It depends if you’re bothered about 'sibset’s really. I know triplets named [name]Lily[/name], [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Celeste[/name].

I’m in the U.S. and I would say it uh-zale-yuh.

I’ve got a pretty thick NY accent, and I’d say a-[name]ZALE[/name]-ya. I’m not a huge fan of it with [name]Violet[/name]- it seems a bit theme-y.

I say “uh-zale-yuh” but I think either way is nice.
As a sibset, [name]Alexander[/name], [name]Violet[/name] and [name]Azalea[/name] are okay together. Using a flower name that also shares letters with both names can be considered matchy, or it could be considered cohesive. I lean toward cohesive, I think [name]Alexander[/name] would be the odd one out if you used a different flower name like [name]Poppy[/name] that didn’t have an “a” or an “l”. I think [name]Amaryllis[/name] is another nice choice for you.

I like it pronouced ‘a-za-lee’ or ‘a-za-le-a’

[name]Ah[/name]-ZAY-[name]Lee[/name]-ah. I’d never heard it pronounced [name]Ah[/name]-zale-yuh before! [name]Aren[/name]'t accents fascinating :slight_smile:

I agree with the poster who pointed out that [name]Azalea[/name] is a little themey with [name]Violet[/name]. Also [name]Azalea[/name] and [name]Alexander[/name] have a lot of the same sounds…

I’m from the South (USA) and I say it in between the two pronunciations you’ve listed, possibly slightly closer to the “uh-[name]ZALE[/name]-yuh” one. The thought of saying this word/name like “ah-za-lee” makes me cringe. I can see why some may think that is the pronunciation. But it isn’t! lol

I like it as a name, but I do not love it as a sibset with the other names, for reasons others have already mentioned.

Uh-zale-yuh. From the South as well.

[name]Ah[/name]-zale-yah.

I do like it but not as a sister to [name]Violet[/name].

I think it could work, though if it were me I Woukd go with something with a little more contrast probably. It fits, but it’s 2 flower names, and 2 A names, and somehow I just want the rhythm to be different if that makes sense. I am in the US and would prn ah-[name]ZALE[/name]-ya. [name]Love[/name] the name though! Good luck.

ok [name]Azalea[/name]'s definitely out…i dont know where i was going with that…not because of the A initial…i think i could deal with it since its a different kind of A than [name]Alex[/name] at least…but it is too flowery and not namey enough for me…i definitely need something more “english”…thank u guys!