How do you pronounce "Amelie"

[name]Hi[/name],

I pronounce it A-mel-ee but ppl around me pronounce it like [name]Emily[/name]?? so i thought i’d check with you…

Thanks Berries

I say ah-meh-lee so the middle syllable does kind of sound like the middle syllable of [name]Emily[/name] but the beginning sound is different.

I’d definitely pronounce it [name]Ah[/name]-mel-ee. You may have to explain it a few times but people will get the hang of it. [name]Hope[/name] that helps!

I pronounce it [name]Ah[/name]-muh-lee. My husband and I were actually considering this name a while ago but everyone kept confusing it with [name]Emily[/name] so we decided not to use it. It’s a beautiful name though (and an incredibly sweet movie.)

[name]Ah[/name]-Mah-[name]Lee[/name]

[name]Love[/name] it :slight_smile:

[name]Ah[/name]-muh-lee. I dont see where people get [name]Emily[/name] from.

[name]Ah[/name]-muh-lee

This has been one of my favourites for a while, I love it!

I know a ([name]German[/name]) [name]Amelie[/name] who pronounced it ah-muh-lee. In French, there’s an accent over the E, and it’s pronounced ah-meh-[name]LEE[/name]. It’s a lovely name!

[name]Ah[/name]-may-[name]LEE[/name], the French way. I don’t get where people get [name]Emily[/name] from this name either.

Rent the movie and you can hear it in French multiple times. It’s also an adorable film.

I live in a French area: ah-meh-[name]LEE[/name]

At first glance to me it actually looked like [name]Ah[/name] meal ee. Best
[name]Indigo[/name]