How do you pronounce Cassius?

See the results of this poll: How who you pronounce Cassius?

Respondents: 75 (This poll is closed)

• CASS-ee-us : 55 (73%)
  • CASH-us : 19 (25%)
  • Other (please tell me!): 1 (1%)

I prefer cass-ee-us, but hear both e kigh that I don’t feel strongly about it. With [name_m]Cassian[/name_m] I’m definitely with you about strongly preferring cass-ee-an. Funny how that slight change of the ending sound can make such a difference in preference huh?

I much prefer the [name_u]CASS[/name_u]-ee-us pronunciation.

Im the odd man out i prefer cash-us

I prefer cass-ee-us, which is funny cause I love cash-uh for [name_f]Cassia[/name_f].

[name_u]Cass[/name_u]-ee-us

I pronounce it [name_m]CASH[/name_m]-us.

[name_u]Cass[/name_u]-ee-us. One of my uber favorites. I love the [name_u]Cass[/name_u] nn on a male.

I think in my country it’s only ever said [name_u]CASS[/name_u]-ee-us. [name_m]CASH[/name_m]-us makes me think of cashew nuts, but that’s not the worst association ever.

I’ve only heard it pronounced [name_m]CASH[/name_m]-us, in relation to [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] [name_m]Clay[/name_m] ([name_m]Muhammad[/name_m] [name_u]Ali[/name_u]), but I suppose it could be pronounced either way.

I like both, but on my list I have it with the pronunciation [name_u]CASS[/name_u]-ee-us (and confusingly, with the nickname [name_m]Cash[/name_m]).

I picked other simply because I also go back and forth on which I like better. Right now I would say I lean more towards [name_u]Cass[/name_u]-ee-us, but next week that might change.

[name_u]CASS[/name_u]-ee-us.

Definitely [name_u]Cass[/name_u]-ee-us. I like both [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] and [name_m]Cassian[/name_m]

While I automatically use the three-syllable pronunciation when I say it (which got my vote due to that) I really like both pronunciations, and don’t really have a preference. [name_m]Cassius[/name_m] is a great name.

[name_u]Cass[/name_u]-ee-us.