How do you pronounce Eliza?

I have heard the name [name]Eliza[/name] pronounced a few different ways. The two I hear the most are ee-[name]LY[/name]-zuh and ah-[name]LY[/name]-zuh, not sure which I prefer, but would like to know how you Berries say it. Thanks!

I pronounce it like this too. I’ve only ever heard it pronounced ee-[name]LY[/name]-zah in the USA.

I say it somewhere between them too, more like eh-[name]LY[/name]-zuh but of the 2 I say it closer to ee-[name]LY[/name]-zuh

Same as the other posters - something like eh-[name]LY[/name]-zuh or ih-[name]LY[/name]-za. [name]Love[/name] the name by the way!! It is quickly rising to the very top of my list of favorites! :slight_smile:

eh-ly-zah

I think there is a slight difference in how people say [name]Elizabeth[/name] too, either with the ee or eh sounds. It’s very slight [name]IMO[/name].

Hmm. I pronounce it el-eye-za. But the eh-ly-zuh and ih-ly-za pronunciations are also very close to the way I say it.
I normally only say it when I am speaking to my friend, as it’s her middle name, so maybe her first name has something to do with the way I pronounce it? I don’t know. My friends name is [name]Annie[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] however.

Somewhere between uh-LIE-zah and eh-LIE-zah. :slight_smile:

I say eh-LYE-zuh, a lot like [name]Elijah[/name]. Though I do know a girl who says her name ee-[name]LEE[/name]-zah but she is probably just trying to be difficult…

Raised in the midwest US, now a west-coaster, I pronounce it “ih-LYE-zuh” .

I say Eh-[name]LY[/name]-zuh too.

ee-ly-zuh

I think it all comes down to your accent to be honest, rather than a correct way.

I think I say it more like uh-lye-za, or maybe it is closer to ih-lye-za… I agree it probably depends on people’s accent.