How do you pronounce Hannele?

[name_m]How[/name_m] do you pronounce [name_f]Hannele[/name_f]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you like it?

It’s an interesting variation on [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] but I’m not totally sure how to say it. Looking at it I’m inclined to think hannah-lay, maybe hannah-luh or hahna-luh. Reminds me a bit of [name_f]Hannelore[/name_f].

It’s the name nerd in me talking here but I’d say it like HANN-uh-leh. Like the PP, it reminds me of [name_f]Hannelore[/name_f], which I know to pronounce in the [name_m]German[/name_m] way rather than the English way. I’d be curious how to say it before I say whether or not I like it but I’m really not a big fan of [name_f]Hannah[/name_f].

[name_m]How[/name_m] about no?

Wow…really wasting your time on a naming website to get some sort of satisfaction? At least I have better taste than you :blush:

“At least I have better taste than you ” [name_m]How[/name_m] so? You like the name [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]. Enough said. Frilly names are the most beautiful names. And if I waste time on a naming website, then so do you.

If you are unsure of pronounciation, try pronouncenames.com

If you don’t like a name either don’t comment or just say you are not a fan. I personally don’t like many names suggested, BUT THEN, other people hate the names I love. Please keep it polite.

Why did you need to get involved? I said 3 WORDS. I give my brutally honest opinion whenever I feel like doing so. If you don’t like that about me, don’t reply to my comments. Simple. “[name_m]Don[/name_m]’t comment.” Take your own advice. You and all your Nameberry friends are such hypocrites. :person_facepalming:*:female_sign:

Castle on a cloud you are being extremely rude.

The forums here are a community and even when we don’t care for a name we express that without being uncouth. I recommend taking some time to familiarize yourself with the way others behave here or you’re likely to not have a very enjoyable time.

Controversy and being “uncouth” gets attention and views. No one ever replies to my posts when they aren’t controversial. You say that, yet you ignore my posts and let them sink to the bottom.

Thank you. Already reported her. [name_m]Don[/name_m]’t know why people waste the time to be like that :roll_eyes:

I see you…

I see you…

@babies123456, I would pronounce [name_f]Hannele[/name_f] “HAHN-uh-luh,” but I’ve never heard the name before so I’m just using the name Hanneke as a guideline. I do like [name_f]Hannele[/name_f], it feels very warm and sunshiney to me.

As [name_f]Chana[/name_f]'leh in Hebrew.

I really like this! Seems like a fresh alternative to [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]. I’d pronounce it Han-elle.

I would pronounce this as ha-[name_f]NELL[/name_f]. Maybe han-EEL. Both sound pretty to me but be prepared to help people with pronounciation :slight_smile: Is it a linguistic variant on [name_f]Hannah[/name_f]? I’ve never heard of it before!

I like it, according to what I’ve found it’s a Finnish variant of [name_f]Hannah[/name_f] and would be pronounced ‘HAHN-ne-le’
you might also be interested in Hanalei, a Hawaiian name which I believe would be pronounced hahn-uh-[name_m]LAY[/name_m]

My thoughts exactly.

I’ve come round to HAHN-eh-leh, although initially I’d gone Brazilian Portuguese and was thinking HAHN-eh-lee. -e names turn into -ee names in [name_u]Brazil[/name_u] sometimes, like [name_f]Camille[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] and [name_f]Alice[/name_f] (ah-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-see).

I am hardcore crushing on [name_f]Hannele[/name_f], now, though (and the aforementioned Hanneke and Hanalei!)–what a great group of names!