How do you pronounce Katherine?

Thanks for the replies, [name]Devin[/name], [name]Karen[/name], [name]Rica[/name], and JJ! I love reading what you have to say!

JJ, I found the [name]Elizabeth[/name] thread! Here it is: Nameberry - Welcome to the Nameberry Forums

I pronounce it eh-liz-uh-beth, but after people wrote and voted, I realize that like most of them, I also kind of pronounce it “uh-liz-uh-beth.”

Take care!

(And [name]Rica[/name], I sent your M&Ms, so enjoy the peanutty centers!) :slight_smile:

Thanks [name]Jill[/name]!

No problemo, JJ! :slight_smile: I was happy to find it for you…

Take care!

I guess I am lazy and pronounce it Kath-rinn. Nope, I tested all three ways out, and its Kath-rinn for me UNLESS I am saying it with its last name/middle name. THEN it becomes Kath-eh-rinn. Or if I were being stern with a [name]Katherine[/name], I would add the eh in there. :slight_smile:

I would like a fuzzy google eyed sticker, please. :slight_smile:

I have to admit that I pronounce it kath-a-rinn (subtle middle) regardless of the spelling. I know I probably shouldn’t, but I am a [name]Katharine[/name] and so I will claim it’s a hazard of the name! I know I shouldn’t pronounce all [name]Katherine[/name], [name]Katharine[/name], [name]Kathryn[/name]… the same as I like my name to be pronounced, but I can’t help it!

[name]Dot[/name]'sMom: One fuzzy, googley-eyed sticker has been sent your way, and because I feel I owe you, I’m also sending you a cookie and 16 peanut M&Ms! :slight_smile:

[name]Katharine[/name]: I pronounce it with three syllables, too (subtle middle), and think your name is beautiful! :slight_smile:

Thank you for commenting!