How do you pronounce Madeline?

Spelled [name_f]Madeline[/name_f].
[name_f]Do[/name_f] you say that as a short I sound like in tin.
or as a long I sound as in wine.

Thankyou.

I rhyme [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] with mine.

MAD-uh-lynn

ETA:
Madelyn et al = MAD-uh-lynn
Madeline = MAD-uh-lynn
Madeleine = mad-eh-LEN

At least to me. I’ve never met anyone who was -line (like the word line), so I automatically assume all of these are said similarly to Madelyn. I do prefer either Madeleine or MAD-uh-line to Madelyn though.

Yeah, this is how I pronounce [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] too. And then I pronounce [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] as Mad-uh-line.

The [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] spelling sounds like wine and dine, while the [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] spelling rhymes with bin and tin. I think it’s how it’s always been for me, [name_f]IMO[/name_f].

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] for me is mad-uh-line like the word line, so I guess the long I? [name_f]Madalyn[/name_f] would be lynn ending, [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] would be sort of like… mad-eh-len.

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] rhymes with wine, fine, line. [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] is Mad-uh-lynn. [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] is far prettier in my opinion.

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]: rhyming with wine, line, nine
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]: rhyming with [name_m]Ken[/name_m], ten, pen
[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f]/Madelin: rhyming with tin, pin, win

For me…

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] = Mad-uh-line (line rhyming with shine)
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] = Mad -uh-len
[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] = Mad-uh-lyn

If just makes sense to me that that the -line at the end of [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] would be pronounced as “line”. If it’s good enough for the small, red-headed [name_m]French[/name_m] girl, it’s good enough for me!

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] is mad-uh-line

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] ~ mad-ə-line
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] ~ mad-ə-len
[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] ~ mad-ə-lyn

MAD-uh-lynn

Wow I’m surprised at the number of [name_f]LINE[/name_f] answers here!

I would always assume [name_u]LYN[/name_u] for [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] unless corrected otherwise, as all [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]'s I know use the [name_u]LYN[/name_u] pronunciation (perhaps they must have to correct people constantly though!) And I live in the US btw.

I can understand the confusion as [name_f]Caroline[/name_f]/[name_f]Carolyn[/name_f] looks similar, and the [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] books rhyme her with vine. But my understanding was [name_u]LYN[/name_u] is the traditional pronunciation that is still used by most [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]'s today.

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] sounds like -line as in fine
[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] sounds like -lyn as in tin
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] sounds like -len as in pen

As far as I’ve been able to tell, these are the most legitimate pronunciations based on the composition of the names.

My opinion:

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]: maddy-lynn
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]: maddy-line

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f]=mad-uh-line
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f]=mad-del-len

…Blame the [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] series I watched as a kid.

Madeh-line
as in a line —

I use the “line” pronunciation.

[name_f]Madeline[/name_f] = mad-uh-line (rhymes with wine)
[name_f]Madelyn[/name_f] = mad-uh-lin (rhymes with pin)
[name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] = mad-uh-len (rhymes with pen)

I’m a [name_f]Madeleine[/name_f] (Mad-uh-[name_m]Len[/name_m]) and I’ve met others with various spellings. I know two [name_f]Madeline[/name_f]'s who pronounce it Mad-uh-lynn, but I always assume if it’s spelt [name_f]Madeline[/name_f] it is pronounced like Mad-uh-[name_f]Line[/name_f] unless they correct me.