How does Spencer sound with my last name?

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Spencer[/name] but am worried it doesn’t work with my last name - [name]Garner[/name]. I appreciate your honest opinion! Thank you.

[name]Spencer[/name] [name]Garner[/name] sounds fine to me!
the -er ending doesn’t effect it at all.

I think it sounds just fine with your last name :slight_smile: they don’t rhyme, and the repeating -er sound doesn’t bother me (or really even register).

I think it’s fine, especially if he’s got a middle name. [name]Don[/name]'t worry. :slight_smile:

I agree that it’s fine! I, too, love [name]Spencer[/name] and was worried about it with my own surname, which has similar cadence ([name]Spencer[/name] [name]Richards[/name]), but I decided that I love [name]Spencer[/name] too much to let it affect me. The flow really isn’t that bad. :slight_smile:

Good luck!

Sounds fine to me. Was there some sound combination in particular that bothers you?

Thank you for the responses! I am a bit worried about the repetitive “er” sound. My husband isn’t bothered by it but my mom has mentioned it a few times and given me that dreaded pause after I say it is still our top name. I can’t tell if it bothers me or not and am now starting to overthink the whole thing. I was in need of some objective opinions.

So, thank you all!!