How does this sound?

So dh has agreed to (for if we have another girl)

Cordelia iris nn Delia!

Love it. But would u introduce her as Cordelia or Delia? Or maybe…Cordelia, Delia for short?

(I think the last option is my FAVORITE, so I avoid the nn's Cordy and Cory)

Is Cordelia too dramatic to use on an everyday basis? I think the nn Delia really brings it down to earth.

I COULD just go with the full name of Delia, but would hate it if everyone asks, “what is that short for?”

Sooo, I think “Cordelia, Delia for short” is what I would do…what do you think?

Thanks!

Well I love [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Iris[/name], but I’m not a fan of the nn [name]Delia[/name], sorry! [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is gorgeous but [name]Delia[/name] just sounds a bit frumpy and boring. If you are going to call her [name]Delia[/name] all the time and even tell her teachers to call her that then why not just call her [name]Delia[/name]???

I like [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Iris[/name] but I don’t like [name]Delia[/name], so I would introduce her with her full name, but that’s just my opinion. I also don’t think [name]Cordelia[/name] is “too much.”

I definitely don’t think it’s too much! [name]Cordelia[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is absolutely gorgeous, and I too prefer the nn [name]Delia[/name]. I’d just introduce her as [name]Delia[/name] if that’s what she’ll go by most of the time. My sister’s name [name]Nicole[/name] and has always gone by [name]Nikki[/name], my mom introduces her as [name]Nikki[/name].

well, I originally was going to go with just Delia, but now that my Dh has agreed to Cordelia, it gives me something to think about ;).

Either way I think I want her full name to be Cordelia. It gives her options when she get’s older. And if people ask, what is delia short for? (which might happen a lot) I have an answer. I think Delia might be a bit nicknamey so it’s nice to have a full name if she ever wants.

I [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Cordelia[/name] - DH ruined it by insisting that if we use it, he will call her [name]Cordy[/name]. I personally like [name]Corrie[/name] or [name]Cora[/name] as a nickname, I dislike [name]Cordy[/name]…a lot.

[name]Delia[/name] is pretty.

If I had a [name]Cordelia[/name], NN [name]Delia[/name], I would probably introduce her as [name]Cordelia[/name].

I’ve known two Cordelias and neither one of them used a nn.

[name]Cordelia[/name]/[name]Delia[/name] [name]Iris[/name] is a beautiful combination.
You could introduce her as “[name]Cordelia[/name], [name]Delia[/name] for short”, then people will know to nickname her [name]Delia[/name] instead of [name]Cordy[/name] etc.

Yesss! Introducing her as “Cordelia, Delia for short” is perfect! Thank you Emmal :slight_smile:

It avoids nn’s Cordy and Cory, yet still allows me to use both names. I think most people would call her Delia, which is fine with me. But she would relate to both names and maybe even grow into her full name as she gets older.

My ONLY concern is if people cut me off after I say Cordelia, and don’t let me finish the sentence…Delia for short…haha. But, it should be ok.

I sometimes introduce my daughter [name]Eliana[/name]… [name]Ella[/name] for short. Then people tend to pick what they like some say wow that is so pretty and different and use her whole name others are like okay thats long and call her [name]Ella[/name]. So she gets both and has the option of growing into her full name as [name]Cordelia[/name] would. Pretty name btw

love [name]Cordelia[/name], one of my favorites. beautiful

I love the name [name]Cordelia[/name]. It’s still in contention for one of our future girls but I prefer to use the full name [name]Cordelia[/name] all the time with out a nickname. But since you are using a nn, i think introducing her as “Corderlia, [name]Delia[/name] for short” is the way to go :slight_smile: [name]Glad[/name] you don’t plan on using the nn [name]Cord[/name] or [name]Cordy[/name], I don’t like those either and using that introduction is the perfect way to keep ppl from using them.

Awesome! Yeah. I think that intro is perfect. Simple and to the point. And avoids nn’s [name]Cory[/name] and cordy. [name]Love[/name] the anne of green gables connection with [name]Cordelia[/name] and it’s just so gorgeous of a name. [name]Love[/name] the sweetness of [name]Delia[/name]. So people can feel free to choose what they want… [name]Cordelia[/name] or [name]Delia[/name]. And I will call her both! Most likely and even 50/50 split. Would that be confusing? I think people will choose so it should be ok! :slight_smile: