How is your baby doing?

I just thought I’d start this because we all spend so much time talking about what we’re going to name our babies, but then we have no follow up after they are born! We should talk about what’s going on with them!

I’ll go first. [name]Dash[/name] is five months today! Craziness! He’s such a little smiley boy, he loves Care Bears books, and [name]Fox[/name] in Socks. He also loves You Are My [name]Sunshine[/name], Que [name]Sera[/name], [name]Sera[/name], and If You Want to [name]Sing[/name] Out, [name]Sing[/name] Out. Last [name]Wednesday[/name] he started sitting up on his own. And [name]Sunday[/name] I gave him solid food for the first time… [name]Saturday[/name] I was eating a quesadilla and he pulled my hand to his mouth and tried to eat it! He’s been looking at our food for a while now, but nothing like that! Well, every time anyone ate since then he just stared like he was soo jealous! Well, I gave him some banana and he adored it, he couldn’t get more fast enough. And then yesterday I made him some yellow squash, he really hated it at first and made a grossed out face, but he ended up liking it. I had intended to wait until he was 6 months, but I just couldn’t do it. He seems really happy that he gets to eat, now. I bought a food mill tonight and I’m excited to start making him food. He’s going to have avocado tomorrow.

Oh, and I had to call the insurance company today and I said his name was [name]Dashiell[/name], and the guy said, “That’s spelled D-A-S-C-H-L-E, right?” Nope. I told you guys no one spells it right!

My daughter ([name]Brenna[/name] [name]Grace[/name]) is doing quite well! She is currently napping (thank heavens). She was born [name]May[/name] 5th, 2009 and was 7 wks early. Weighing a whole 3lbs 0oz and was 16.5in. She spent 23 days in the NICU and was sent home on [name]May[/name] 28th at 4lbs 7oz and a lil under 18in.

As of today she is 11 weeks old (my how time flies). She is a good baby though we are nowhere near sleeping through the night!! As of her 2 month check up on [name]July[/name] 9th she was 7lbs 2oz and 20.5in. Her doctor says she is growing right on track.

I am very blessed so far - she is in perfect health and is doing things babies her age do. She has good control over head. We are working on doing more tummy time so she can start rolling over and working towards sitting up.

Heh besides being held (her grandmas spoiled her) [name]Brenna[/name] enjoys music and lights.

I thought I’d bump this because it seems like a cute idea…

My son, [name]Everett[/name] [name]Allan[/name], is already almost 9 months old!!! It seems like you lovely ladies (and gentlemen) were helping me pick out his name only yesterday :slight_smile: He is getting so big and loves to crawl everywhere! I think he’s nearing the period where he may say his first word - the other day, I swore he said ‘[name]Baba[/name]’ (what we call his Dad), but my husband said I was just imagining it and am too excited for his first word! His big brother [name]Carter[/name] absolutely adores him! We had a few problems with baby [name]Everett[/name] getting a lot of the attention, but we made sure (and still are) setting up special Mommy, Daddy, & [name]Carter[/name] play times and letting him help feed, wash, and play with [name]Everett[/name]. He mainly wants to be around his baby brother.

One day, we will most likely be back - I hope there’s a little girl in our future!

• [name]Carter[/name] & [name]Everett[/name]'s Mom

I can’t believe I started this thread 7 months ago, woah. [name]Dash[/name] is 1 year old today. I honestly cannot believe it. He is the sweetest little boy. He loves balls more than anything else, he’d chase a ball to the ends of the earth. He also loves cars, and drives then (and anything else, like a remote control) all around the house saying his version of “vroom vroom”. Two days ago I taught him how to make an iguana noise, it is so cute how he does it! He’s not completely walking yet, but he’s very close. He was practicing a lot today, the most he’s gotten to is 9 steps in a row.
He’s getting a molar in, poor guy, I hope it’s through soon so it doesn’t hurt him anymore. He’s always so happy, he smiles and laughs at everyone. He can watch [name]Beyonce[/name] videos or the [name]Alvin[/name] and the Chipmunks 2 trailer countless times. He always starts dancing the instant he hears music. He thinks it’s hilarious when I pretend to eat his foot and then say “Yuck!”.

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] was born Dec 28 after I was induced a week overdue.

[name]Lucia[/name] is two months now and she is such a good and happy girl! We actually are visiting my parents in florida right now and she did so well on the flight (whew! What a relief!!!). Everyone was cooing over her and she barely even squaked one time. I felt so empowered to take her and do so well on the flight by myself!!!

I am still nursing and that is going great. She is over 11lbs now and almost 23 inches long. She is VERY smiley and really only cries when she’s hungry or wet or hot. She is sleeping between 7-8 hours at night now so we put her to bed about 10:30 when we go to bed and she sleeps until 5:30-6:00! Its fantastic!

I go back to work in three weeks so I am glad she is sleeping through the night!

Oh my gosh!!! [name]Erin[/name]!!! It’s so good to see you here! I’m so glad you and [name]Lucia[/name] are doing well. :slight_smile:

Take care! :slight_smile:

I love the name [name]Brenna[/name] [name]Grace[/name]! Happiness!

Hello all! I just wanted to come on here to let you all know how many compliments we get on our little [name]Lucia[/name]'s name! So thank you nameberries for your help!

[name]Lucia[/name] [name]Marie[/name] is 11.5 weeks old now and started daycare this week as I went back to work. Almost daily we get compliments from one of the teachers at her school, one of the other mom’s there, or one of my colleagues at work. Its so fun! I will go to pick her up and her teacher will say “[name]Stella[/name]'s mom was in to pick her up and she just said how much she loved [name]Lucia[/name]'s name!”

They also happen to tell us how much they love [name]Lucia[/name] there as well :slight_smile: so that has made my transition back to work much easier…

[name]Lucia[/name] is growing like a weed and is very smiley and talkative now, babbling all evening telling us about her day at school! She is sleepimg through the night like a [name]CHAMP[/name], and I actually have to wake her at 6:30am so I can be sure we get out the door ontime! We couldn’t be happier with our little love bug!

[name]Hope[/name] everyone is doing well!

erinpurple lovely to hear your news. I think you are a supermum to be back at work already. All the best!

Yea! I loved hearing about you and [name]Lucia[/name]! She sounds absolutely precious, [name]Erin[/name], and I’m so happy for you! :slight_smile:

(I also hope that work is going well for you!)

I love seeing you back here! :slight_smile:

Enjoy your baby girl!

Hello berries!

I’m not sure if any of you remember me - I’m [name]Olympia[/name], and I posted last [name]August[/name] for help naming my son and a new baby cow! I never really replied to some of my posts, and earlier today, when I was looking over them, I felt so bad, because so many people helped me come to the wonderful decision of my son’s name, and I wanted to say a proper THANK YOU! We ended up going with [name]Archer[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Scott[/name] for many reasons: 1) it was the most liked on nameberry! 2) it combined a more “trendy”, modern name with a firm classic middle, and 3) my grandfather [name]William[/name] had a stroke a few days before my son was born, and we knew right then that, despite the many other people who were so influential in our lives, we didn’t have much time left with this wonderful man and I wanted him to know that his beautiful grandson would keep his name alive. With the birth of my son, my grandpa’s stroke, and the finalizing of our cow’s adoption (we went with Boo [name]Radley[/name] and we call him [name]Radley[/name] or Big [name]Red[/name] on a daily basis. He’s huge now and super sweet!), unfortunately, Nameberry soon fell to the back of my mind.

This morning, while I was watching [name]Archie[/name] and marveling at how amazing he was and how much his name fit him, I was reminded of the wonderful ladies at Nameberry who made it all happen. Thank you so much!! My husband and I couldn’t be more thrilled with our son and his name, and we are eager to have a little [name]Honora[/name] or [name]Gabriel[/name] or [name]Calvin[/name] join our family (we still love those names :slight_smile: )

~ [name]Olympia[/name]

[name]Olympia[/name], I love your name AND your son’s name! [name]Archie[/name] is such a handsome nn. I think it is great that you honoured his great-grandfather, too, and Boo [name]Radley[/name] is the greatest name for a cow :slight_smile: [name]Honora[/name] is on our list, too.

Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations! I totally remember you! I’m so happy you went with [name]Archer[/name] [name]William[/name]! I think it’s so handsome! (And I’m so sorry about your grandpa…) I hope that you and [name]Archie[/name] are doing well. :slight_smile:

And on the bovine front, Boo [name]Radley[/name] is the best cow name I’ve ever heard! (Okay…well, it’s the only cow name I’ve really ever heard, but I love it!) :slight_smile:

It’s so good to see you here!

Take care!