How long did it take in your 30s? 20sv 30s?

Hello, I was just looking for berries accounts on how long it took to get pregnant in mid thirties?
I already have two children. I conceived my boys at 25 and 28 but had them at 26 and 29 ( always pregnant on my birthday lol)
I was really lucky in the sense that it took me only 2 months to conceive my first and one month with my second. So we are blessed in that respect.
I know all our bodies are different but I can’t help but feel really nervous to be TTC next late year in late spring. [name_f]My[/name_f] body feels different now. ( I have a stone to lose)
Did anyone in their 30s fall pregnant straight away. Did it take longer?
Many thanks!

4 Likes

I would be interested to hear others’ stories on this too. :blush: I wasn’t in my mid thirties but I did turn 32 right after we got pregnant with ours. It took only two months of not trying/not preventing.
I’m a little worried this time will take longer too but we shall see!

1 Like

That’s good that it only took two months. I have never been pregnant in my thirties so this time round it feels a lot different for me.
[name_f]My[/name_f] partner is 27 so he tells me not to worry but I can be a worrier sometimes.

2 Likes

Yes, I definitely understand. I actually thought it would take much longer because I was in my 30s and we were both a bit surprised.
I think most people that don’t have trouble in their 20s probably won’t have trouble in their early 30s either.
But I also have heard that it’s different with every pregnancy.

1 Like

If it’s not too intrusive to ask, what month will you be TTC in? It would be interesting to follow you as we have a lot of the same interests.

2 Likes

I was hoping for around [name_u]November[/name_u] but I’m not 100% sure. Sometime between [name_u]November[/name_u] and [name_f]February[/name_f] though. Yes, it would be fun to be in the same TTC thread :blush:

3 Likes

Aww ok. I shall keep an eye out!!my second starts school next [name_f]September[/name_f]. So I was aiming for baby to be born Feb/March. [name_f]April[/name_f] would be ideal. I don’t like carrying over summer. I felt like a baked whale. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner said 22 is good as he doesn’t want to watch me give birth over Skype/zoom. (Covid) lol

3 Likes

Also following! I’ll be 32 in Dec and TTC (for the first time) from late Nov. I’m prepping my body now (cut out alcohol 2 weeks ago, cutting down caffeine and taking multivitamins) and praying for a quick conception!

3 Likes

Hello! Wow sounds like a few babies in the pipe line for year 22 then. I aim to go on folic acid and vitamins from Feb next year. As won’t be TTC until late spring next year.

2 Likes

I think it’s too early for a TTC/expecting 22 thread yet but perhaps from [name_u]January[/name_u] they’ll be one so we can post in that :full_moon_with_face:

1 Like

That’s a good point. I don’t know when they start the TTC threads for the next year. There should be a pre-TTC thread :laughing:
But I do think you can be part of the TTC 2021 thread when it comes up if you’ll be trying [name_f]April[/name_f] 2021?

Yes hahah. I’ve literally bombarded my partner with baby talk. The other day I got all the baby clothes out from the loft. He asked me why he was getting them and I said it was so I could sniff them… And he basically thinks I am nuts now.

3 Likes

I completely understand :joy: Mine are only 2 and I already miss little baby clothes

1 Like

There is a type of baby smell. When they are born and they just smell so nice don’t they. I think it lasts up until about 9 months hah.

Yes lol I didn’t understand my MIL when she said the same thing but then they were born and I understood :laughing:

1 Like

I’m curious about this as well! I know everyone is different but I am worried that in my 30s it’ll be harder to conceive. @anon25197097 I was the same age as you when I had my kiddos. Got pregnant when I was 25 and 28 and had them at 26 and 29. Our baby girl is almost 4 month but already thinking about wanting more. We’ll see though. It’ll probably be 5 or 6 years til we are thinking about TTC again since I’m on a 2 year waiting list for a dental hygienist program and then the program is 2 years. So I’ll be 35/36 by the time we’re ready to have another one.

With my first, we conceived pretty fast. Then it took us 7 months of “Not trying but let’s see what happens” to get pregnant again. That ended in an early miscarriage, then after when we were ready TTC again it took us 3 months.

1 Like

I had my first at 30, second at 32 and am currently 38 and pregnant with #3. First two took two months to conceive both times. I was on the pill when I got pregnant with this one so…0 months? :rofl:

2 Likes

I was 28 when I got pregnant with my first. Luckily it was first try, straight off the pill, no tracking ovulation or anything–just suddenly pregnant. I had him soon after I turned 29. Then, shortly before my 30th birthday, I got pregnant for the second time, first try again just like before, but it was an early miscarriage/chemical. I was immediately pregnant again the month after, no trying, just surprised as I thought for sure we were out that month. I was 30 when he was born. With my third baby I was 32 when we started trying, and initially we were trying out the Schettles Method (for a girl after those two boys). First try, nothing. Second try, nothing. Then we read something that debunked it and the next month, third try, we tried as we always did before and I got pregnant again. I had her a few weeks before my 33rd birthday. Now I’m 34 and on month three of TTC, using OPKs even, and so far nothing. I keep telling myself that it’s still only the third month of trying, so early days, but part of me is disappointed it’s take “this” long. Whether it’s age related or not, I have no idea.

2 Likes

I conceived my first at 31 and my 2nd at 33 (but very very almost 34!).

Both took 4 months, 3 months unsuccessful, success on month 4.

There totally is somewhere! I’m sure I’ve posted in one before…

2 Likes

One cycle three out of four times at 23, 34 and 38. [name_u]Baby[/name_u] two was at 26 and we tried for nearly a year and nothing. Then we stopped trying and got pregnant straight away. The surprising thing about this… I’m not supposed to be able to conceive without fertility support. A lot of people ask if I send my gynaecologist photos of my kids :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes