How long have you been a Berry?

I thought it would be fun to to find out when and how you became a [name_u]Berry[/name_u]. I’ll start:

I have actually been a member since 2014, but i lost the password to my first account (SofiaCapricorn87, if anyone remember me as that, tell me :)) so now i am SofiaSweden. I came across this site when i was searching for good babyname sites, and i have never turned back. I have been a member on other sites as well, but no-one has been as welcoming, kind, fun and delightful as Nameberry.

What’s your story?

3 Likes

I first joined in 2017 (I can’t believe how fast time goes!). Originally I was looking for names for my [name_m]Sims[/name_m] and I came across Nameberry. At first I started looking through the forums, but wasn’t sure about getting an account yet until I realised that I found names interesting and wanted to talk about them with other people. I finally worked up the courage to join and here we are :slight_smile:

1 Like

I joined in [name_f]May[/name_f] 2019 to help my mum with character names. Now, err… here just for my name love :grin:

(EDIT: I remembered I had another account! So my join date is 1st of April 2019 :wink:)

I’m new, just 20 days old :slight_smile: [name_f]My[/name_f] sister recommended NB and now I’m here!

1 Like

:heart:

I joined in late 2015, just after my first daughter was born, under a different (very unimaginative) username, then switched to this account in Feb 2016. The rest, as they say, is history!

1 Like

I first joined in [name_f]May[/name_f] 2015, different account that was just my name.

I joined on [name_u]New[/name_u] Year’s [name_f]Eve[/name_f] 2011, I think I was looking for names for characters for a story, but honestly it was too long ago to remember. It’s bizarre to me that I was on here before @katinka, I can’t remember her not being a moderator. I was only fifteen when I joined but it still makes me feel a bit old.

1 Like

If I recall correctly, since [name_f]April[/name_f] 2014 (but I started under a different username). I switched to this account Sept last year. I love the NB community. :blush: I joined because I was chatting about baby names with my then-boyfriend / now-husband… and I never left haha!

1 Like

I joined in [name_f]May[/name_f], but it feels like I’ve been here for years. I can’t remember why I joined, but I think it was because I was working on character names

I joined in [name_f]April[/name_f] this year :blush: It’s crazy to see how long some members have been here, it is a testament to how welcoming & friendly this community is. I feel like I’ve been here ages myself!

[name_f]My[/name_f] interest in names began with musing about character names for stories I wrote. It has since evolved into collecting combos, exploring pairings & daydreaming about future babes!

1 Like

I became a member in late 2014 . . . I can’t remember exactly when! However, I’ve changed my username multiple times since then, and here we are now. :slight_smile:

This is exactly why I love Nameberry. It’s so respectful and friendly. I’ve seen such mean comments on other naming sites - users really can tear each other apart over opinions - but it doesn’t seem to happen here (at least, I’ve not seen it). This community is such a kind one. :blush:

1 Like

I started lurking in late 2011 and finally joined in [name_u]June[/name_u] 2013, which probably makes me one of the longest-standing active members…The majority of users from 2013-2015 aren’t active anymore.

And I switched to this account in 2017. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I’ve been using nameberry for years to find names for my sims when I’m struggling to think of the perfect name. But it wasn’t until 13 [name_f]May[/name_f] that I decided to create this account (I had one before but couldn’t remember my login details) and look at the forums out of curiosity. I’ve been on here every day since then and I love it :blush::sweat_smile:

I’ve been here on Nameberry almost from the beginning when the site first launched in 2008.

1 Like

I joined nameberry in August of 2013 so I’ve been on this site for almost 7 years! It’s crazy to think that I was 14 and about to start my freshman year of high school when I created my account, and now I’m 21 and about to enter my senior year of college. You guys have all really watched me grow up! Which is cool but also… I apologize for me ages 14-16… I was a bit of a mess. Actually, I’m still a mess :wink:

I became fascinated with names after I received a baby name book for Christmas when I was 10, which I got for character names. I got a laptop for my 13th birthday and took my name obsession to the Internet! For the first couple years, I frequented a site called Baby Name Genie but I found that they were often hostile and rude towards teenagers who just wanted to talk names. They kept accusing me of being promiscuous and trying to get pregnant, even though I was 13-14 years old. I discovered Nameberry because I googled the phrase “baby name games” and found that forum on here! I opened a Picky Parents game and went through each post with my own responses in my head. I think I made an account soon after. I didn’t become active until early 2014 but I’d say I’ve been a “regular” ever since!

1 Like

I think I’ve been on since [name_f]Summer[/name_f] 2013 - I was almost 18 then, haha. I’ve gone under three usernames/different accounts - @lawsonhaley, @thishollywoodgirl, and now leafsgirl44!

I forget why exactly I joined, I think I was just looking for an outlet to discuss the names I liked!

2 Likes

I joined in early [name_u]March[/name_u] of this year! Before that, I browsed the forums without an account. I tried to make an account before the platform switch, but glitches kept me out, unfortunately.

1 Like

I joined in late 2017 under a different username and switched to this account in [name_f]April[/name_f] 2018! I did lurk for probably two years before I actually created an account. I definitely agree that NB has the best naming community!

2 Likes

I also joined in 2014, and regularly spend a lot of time reading the blog posts and searching through names. I would occasionally use the forums, but have been on much, much more in recent months. I love this community. It’s the most positive one I’ve been a part of.