How long have you been a Berry?

I’m pretty sure I joined in [name_f]May[/name_f] 2016. I know I was looking for character names, but I’m not sure exactly when I made my account. I wasn’t very active on the forums at first (I was very young at the time) but over the years I’ve become much more active.

I started lurking at the end of 2010 (when I was 18), but first posted in 2012. I moved to my 2nd username in 2014 when my now husband and I started really talking seriously about names.

I go through major phases of manic activity on the forums followed by lulls when I just lurk occasionally.

Sometimes I think about what it will be like once I’m done naming babies (in a couple years) and whether I’ll go through the same phases. I like to think I’ll still be here, but who knows.

1 Like

I’ve been visiting the site since 2015, searching names and reading the blog posts, but I only joined in 2018. It feels like ages, but I really haven’t been here that long. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just joined yesterday. I’m already so impressed by this amazingly welcoming community! I first got introduced here because of my love for reading and writing, and then names. I was looking for character names.
I absolutely love this community now :blush:

5 Likes

Joined for the first time in 2012, around my first year of (British) high school - I was around 11 years old at the time, I’m 19 now. It took me a while to make my first account because I didn’t have an email account for another year, and I’ve had quite a few different accounts since then for a multitude of reasons, but now I’ve got Strawberryjamsandwich - and I’m not getting rid of it, even if my h is cut off.

1 Like

I found this website in early 2013 to help me name characters, and it’s been my fave name site since! Finally joined in december 2015 to save my favorite names and then eventually started participating in the forums :slight_smile:

Since [name_f]February[/name_f]. About 5 months.

I cam across NB in late [name_f]April[/name_f] of 2020. I joined right when [name_f]May[/name_f] started, to help with character naming. [name_u]Ever[/name_u] since the very first day I joined, (when my naming tastes were under construction!) people helped welcome me (and change my naming tastes!) and I’ve never looked back or tried to find a new community since.

2 Likes

And we’re glad to have you here, even without your H :wink:

2 Likes

Oh my, that’s really sweet, thank you [name_f]Katinka[/name_f] :relaxed:

I’ve been here a year and a half.

This was one of the more encouraging name communities, so I joined. I don’t regret a thing.

2 Likes

I joined in late 2017, when I was almost 13. I only really joined to play the games - I don’t write and naming actual babies was (and still is) a long time away. I do post in the other forums more often now though.

I tried really hard to join nameberry after the Yahoo Answers baby name forum was crumbling, probably in like '09-10. For whatever reason I could not get the forums to load when I was logged in. I just took it as a sign and moved on. Fast forward 10 years or so – with lockdown and all I was so bored, I logged back into nameberry and lo and behold, I was finally able to access the forums. I kind of picked up where I left off. (did anyone else have this problem?)
I haven’t logged into my old YA account in years. I sort of remember my style then. More word names like [name_u]Fable[/name_u] and [name_u]Sailor[/name_u]. I loved [name_f]Matilda[/name_f] & [name_f]Ramona[/name_f]. [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] & [name_f]Ada[/name_f] have stuck with me the whole way.

2 Likes

Since 2014, I think, but I was lurking in 2013.

I could have written this comment myself. I had this exact problem many years ago. I just lurked until the lockdowns happened and I was soo bored. Ended up making a new account with a new email address and it worked. unfortunately I am still having issues (can’t access News when logged in) and this is actually my 2nd account in a 6 month span, but as long as I can access the forums I will lol.

1 Like

I knew it couldn’t only be me!! I still can’t load blog posts/news on my browser (firefox). I have to copy + paste into safari and sometimes they load.

I feel the same though, at least I’m actually in the forums.

1 Like

Ever since 2013 and Iam loving it here.
I dont remember exactly why I came here though.

@elfffff @rosajune

I haven’t forgotten about this issue! There’s quite a bit of work going on behind the scenes at the moment so the tech team is having to prioritise that, but it will be revisited at some point soon!

1 Like

glad to hear @katinka! no complaints here :slight_smile: can’t always win with technology.

I joined in [name_f]October[/name_f] 2010. I may be pretty quiet around here, and I’d like to change that, but I can’t believe it’s been almost a decade!