How many Hazels do you know?

Currently the top choice for [name_u]Baby[/name_u] [name_u]Shelby[/name_u] is [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], but I just can’t seem to get over how popular it is. [name_m]How[/name_m] many (if any) do you know?

I have a very common name from when I was born and I hated it growing up and I just don’t want my daughter to feel the same way.

I don’t think [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is very common at all, I only know one actually and she’s nearly 30! I don’t know any little Hazels. I mean I can only speak for the UK though, I’m not sure where you’re from so it might be different there! But I think it’s a beautiful vintage name so don’t let that put you off! :two_hearts:

I’m in the UK and only know 1 [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], who’s in her 20s. I don’t think it’s a very common name, but maybe it’s more popular in other countries. It’s a lovely name though so wouldn’t surprise me

It’s super common where I live (western US). I only actually know two, but I know of many more. However, if you love the name, go for it!

1 Like

I am amazed it’s in the US Top 100 because I have never met a single one. I haven’t even heard of anyone else knowing a [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. So it really must depend on where you live. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I’ve never met a hazel

I don’t personally know any, but I know of several from YouTube and Instagram. Popular names are super tricky because you might never come across a single one or her classes could be flooded with them. In reality, people are wanting uncommon names more and more, so having what’s currently a popular name isn’t the same as being a [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] in the 60s-90s.

1 Like

Oh, I love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] :blush: I only know of one, and I’ve never met one! If you’re in the U.S. you could try looking at your state-specific rankings to get a better sense of how popular it is in your area.

I know of 1 who is in her 40’s.

I love [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] so much. I know it’s growing in popularity but I’ve never actually met one in real life. I’ve seen a few celebrities and youtubers use it, but that’s it!

I agree that even though it’s technically popular you might not end up meeting that many!

(I’m in [name_u]New[/name_u] [name_m]York[/name_m], by the way, if that helps!)

1 Like

I’m in the southwest US and don’t personally know any Hazels, but I have heard of a few young Hazels. I agree that if you’re in the US, state specific data may be helpful to see how popular it is in your area in particular. I’m always so surprised by the differences between where I live now and where I grew up.

I know 3 ages 9-15, I’m in the UK.

I’ve only met two (both school teachers of mine)

I work for a school district here in Ohio so I just checked our database. We have about 6,000 students total, and only 9 Hazels. But 8 of those are all under the age of 7, so I think it’s rapidly rising.

2 Likes

I can think of two, both younger than 15.

I know one, a teenager, but I don’t know a huge number of small children.

Oh, this is so cool. I love looking at student names within the school where I work, so if I had access to a whole district of name data I would be SO excited.

Zero! [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] is sweet and grounded. I don’t personally like it but I want to and most people love it. Go for it!

1 Like

It’s common where we live but I don’t know of any personally! I’ve just seen it on a few cubby labels at my daughter’s daycare and I heard someone calling for their little [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] at the library. :slight_smile: [name_f]Hazel[/name_f] was my great-aunt too.

I’ve never met a [name_f]Hazel[/name_f]. I love the name!