How many kids do you want and what will you name them?

So for all those teens and preteens out there (of which I am one of)… and I gues adults, too… [name]How[/name] many kids would you like (or have) and what will you name them?

[name]Analie[/name] ([name]Anna[/name]-[name]Lee[/name]) [name]Cecelia[/name]
[name]Harper[/name] [name]Emilie[/name]
[name]Gwendolyn[/name] “[name]Gwen[/name]” [name]Lark[/name]
[name]Clio[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] “[name]Charlie[/name]” [name]David[/name]
[name]Thomas[/name] “[name]Tom[/name]/my” [name]Anthony[/name]

I’m hoping for 3 :slight_smile:

Boys Names
[name]Andrew[/name] [name]Jan[/name] (prn. [name]Yan[/name] - my grandad’s name)
[name]Reuben[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Jesse[/name] [name]Adam[/name] (guilty pleasure lol)

Girls Names
[name]Philipa[/name] [name]Lily[/name] ([name]Pippa[/name])
[name]Esme[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Sofia[/name] [name]Alice[/name]

I want five children.

3 Girls
2 boys

Girls=
[name]Addison[/name]
[name]Mali[/name]
[name]Landyn[/name]

Boys=
[name]Ethan[/name]
[name]Dustin[/name]/[name]Braden[/name]

What do you think?

[name]Jack[/name] [name]Charlie[/name]:
jack after gpa, charlie after friend who passed

[name]Gordon[/name] [name]Leo[/name]
gordon after family friend who passed

[name]Henry[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]
henry is a lost family name

[name]Rosa[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
rosie after jijuu, evelyn after auntie who passed as a baby.

[name]Eden[/name] [name]Tabitha[/name]

[name]Florence[/name] [name]Erica[/name]
i love florence and its the name of my dads favourite sister who passed.

I used to have this all set - four names for four children. Two boys and two girls. But then I tried to experiment with new names, and things went crazy. I’d still like four, though…

After much consideration, I think these are my favorites for four girls:

[name]Anna[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]
[name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ruby[/name]

For boys, my favorite two are:

[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
([name]Julian[/name] [name]Patrick[/name] - is this a little too wussy?)

If I were feeling just slightly braver and had just a boy and a girl, they would be [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Thomas[/name].

But, for my “ideal four,” I think I would choose:

[name]Lydia[/name] [name]Catherine[/name]
[name]Nathaniel[/name] [name]James[/name] “[name]Nate[/name]”
[name]Henry[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Margaret[/name] [name]Eliza[/name] “[name]Maggie[/name]”

See? It is a dilemma indeed.

Hmmm… I think I want about four or five kids…not really sure about the genders, though…
I have a few names in mind…
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Grace[/name]/[name]Ann[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Wynne[/name]
[name]Gemma[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]
[name]Leah[/name] [name]Summer[/name]
[name]Kira[/name] [name]Vallie[/name]
[name]Vera[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

My boys names:
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Kevin[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name] [name]Leo[/name]
[name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Beckett[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]

If I had four: two girls and two boys, they would be

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Wynne[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Kira[/name] [name]Violet[/name] [name]Ann[/name]
[name]Noah[/name] [name]Kevin[/name]
[name]Jacob[/name] [name]Leo[/name]

It was really hard because all my names end in A except for [name]Violet[/name] with sort of rhymes with [name]Isla[/name], which I want to be one of the names. But I chose! So I hope they are okay. What do you think?

I like your top four a lot [name]Lemon[/name], they’re so classic!

I’d like 4 kids I think, ideally, two and two:

[name]Lily[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] or [name]Lilliana[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Isobel[/name] or [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Jude[/name]

I think anyway, [name]Lily[/name] and [name]Gabriel[/name] are pretty much set in stone, but the other girl and boy change frequently.

If I had 4 girls:
[name]Lily[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Evelyn[/name] [name]Freya[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Isobel[/name] [name]Audrey[/name]

and 4 boys:
[name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Rhys[/name]
[name]Elliot[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Frederick[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Rory[/name] [name]Owen[/name]

Something along these lines anyway…

I’d love two of each; definitely four total.

At this moment, If I was able to pick (minus hubby approval),I’d probably go with the following:

(All middle names are family names)

[name]Jack[/name] [name]Campbell[/name]
[name]Ruby[/name] [name]Evelyn[/name]
[name]Leo[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Ruby[/name], [name]Leo[/name] and [name]Annabel[/name]

With his approval, probably:

[name]Jack[/name] [name]Campbell[/name]
[name]Annabel[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]George[/name] nn [name]Teddy[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] mn? (struggling to find a family name that works with [name]Juliet[/name])

[name]Jack[/name], [name]Annabel[/name], [name]Teddy[/name], and [name]Juliet[/name]

But [name]Violet[/name] is a strong contender also, as are [name]Henry[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Eloise[/name] and [name]Katherine[/name]!

I want at least one boy and one girl, but I’ll have up to two each (that would be the perfect combination)

My boys:
*[name]Henry[/name] [name]Alan[/name]- [name]Henry[/name] I fell in love with after reading The Time [name]Traveler[/name]'s Wife, and [name]Alan[/name] is in honor of my late uncle.
*[name]Leander[/name] [name]Atticus[/name] nn [name]Leo[/name]- [name]Leander[/name] is a family name and I just [name]ADORE[/name] [name]Leo[/name]. I don’t like [name]Leonardo[/name] and [name]Leander[/name] is just awesome =) [name]Atticus[/name] is for, of course, Mr. [name]Finch[/name]!

And if I had a third boy, he would be [name]Walter[/name] [name]Earl[/name] nn [name]Walt[/name]. [name]Walt[/name] after Mr. Disney and [name]Earl[/name] is my great grandfather

My girls-- they change [name]DAILY[/name]! But, right now…
*[name]Rowena[/name] [name]Jane[/name] nn [name]Roe[/name]/[name]Winnie[/name]- I think [name]Rowena[/name] is just gorgeous and [name]Jane[/name] is my great grandmother’s mn
*[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Pearl[/name] nn [name]Ellie[/name]- [name]Eloise[/name] is just so beautiful and [name]Pearl[/name] is my great grandmother’s sister-in-law. I have always loved her name!

the other girl combo’s-- [name]Juliet[/name] [name]Louise[/name] ([name]Romeo[/name] & …and family)…[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Kathryn[/name] nn [name]Ellie[/name] (love [name]Eleanor[/name] and [name]Kathryn[/name] is my mom and great grandmother).

If I were going off names alone, I would have, like, seven or eight kids. That’s just not happening, though. So I guess three or four, but it’s tough to narrow down my favorites.

[name]Rosalie[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Alice[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]

[name]James[/name]
[name]Charles[/name]
[name]Fred[/name] and [name]George[/name] (twins only)

I’m a little short on middle names.

You know what’s funny? I had a fight with my brother the other night about who gets to use the name [name]Lily[/name] (it’s not on my list, so you know the outcome). [name]How[/name] old is he? Thirteen.

I haven’t settled on names yet, but I want 6 kids.
I sort my favourite names in groups of 8 (4 for each gender) based on style, and currently have 6 different style groups with 8 names in each… I’m just waiting for some dude to come along and have an opinion to make things easier XD

As for my style groups:
Short names:
[name]Pearl[/name], [name]Maud[/name], [name]Una[/name], [name]Blithe[/name] & [name]Rory[/name], [name]Jules[/name], [name]Clyde[/name], [name]Graeme[/name]

Word names:
[name]Winsome[/name], Loveday, [name]Starling[/name], [name]Remember[/name] & [name]Heron[/name], [name]Bravery[/name], [name]Sumner[/name], [name]Concord[/name]

Too popular names:
[name]Eliza[/name], [name]Evelyn[/name], [name]Clara[/name], [name]Angela[/name] & [name]Edwin[/name], [name]Lewis[/name], [name]Henry[/name], [name]Dexter[/name]

Whimsical/abstract names:
[name]Winona[/name], [name]Romola[/name], [name]Twila[/name], [name]Eulalie[/name] & Hallam, [name]Albion[/name], [name]Laszlo[/name], [name]Ferdinand[/name]

Grandpa/Grandma names:
[name]Margot[/name], [name]Elspeth[/name], [name]Agatha[/name], [name]Eugenie[/name] & [name]Conrad[/name], [name]Aldous[/name], [name]Errol[/name], [name]Severin[/name]

Pretty, unnoticed names:
[name]Virginia[/name], [name]Minerva[/name], [name]Marigold[/name], [name]Augusta[/name] & [name]Edmund[/name], [name]Samson[/name], [name]Wellington[/name], [name]Thaddeus[/name]

I could stick with one style, but I can’t choose one on my own and I’d never mix them!!

This is a fun thread to read. :slight_smile:
I’m surprised to see that most everyone wants quite a few children! I’m not sure how many of you are married or have started families yet, though, so that may change! :slight_smile:

We originally planned on 4-6 kids, and we have #2 on the way now. I’m thinking we will have at least 3 (I’d really like a girl but I’d like another boy too).

It kind of all depends on how this delivery goes, and how we adjust to being a family of four!

P.S. When I was a teen I wanted 10 children. Not really, but I wanted a lot. Things change once you are married… then they change a lot more once you’ve actually had a child! :slight_smile:

P.P.S. I can’t even begin to think about what I’m going to name child number 3 or 4! Naming the one in my belly is stressful enough! Lol!

SOO happy to see [name]Eloise[/name] on more than one of your lists! The only people that have seen my name lists are my sister and my mom and both of them looked at me like I was crazy over [name]Eloise[/name]. The hubbie hasnt seen the list yet since I found this site only about a month ago and he’s at bootcamp.

I want 3 children, hubbie only wants one so more than likely the compromise will be two. But we’ll see in the future!

Not sure that I would be brave enough to use all the names that I like (and there are a TON), but some of my top favs right now:

[name]Eloise[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Bronwyn[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]
[name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Faye[/name]

[name]Corin[/name] [name]Edward[/name]
[name]Rowan[/name] [name]Eli[/name]
[name]Logan[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]

My husbands only pick (that I know of) is [name]Aimee[/name], which I like, but not sure that I like the fact that it rhymes with our last name.

PS: [name]Love[/name] your name categories Dearest. Thats a fun way to organize them :slight_smile:

I want 1 child. A son or daugther.
Boy: Jovial Shaheen
Girl: Joyous Ashalina

Oh how fun! I’m an only child, so I’d love to have between 3 and 5 kids. I want a big family. : )

I’ll do four for each (Middle names are familly names for both genders):
(E)[name]Stella[/name] [name]Mae[/name]
[name]Bianca[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Jocelyn[/name] [name]Elise[/name]
[name]Elaina[/name] [name]Camille[/name]

[name]Milo[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Grayson[/name] [name]Finn[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Ray[/name]
[name]Jonah[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]

6 kids
4 girls
2 Boys

[name]Andrew[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Delaney[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Matthew[/name] [name]Romeo[/name]
[name]Lucienne[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Cecelia[/name] [name]Mae[/name] [name]Madilyn[/name]
[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Brooklyn[/name]

I want to have 12 kids, and I want their looks to fit their names. I want many of their first and middle names to start with the same letter BECAUSE THAT IS SO CUTE!!! So what if I’m 50, I’ve got plenty of time. Or I could use a surrogate mom… And it is important to remember to name kids according to the way they’re going to look or act, so I’m not forgetting that!

[name]Heidi[/name] [name]Hope[/name] - I will dye her hair blonde if it isn’t blonde. Where’s the Clairol?
[name]Bernard[/name] [name]Rider[/name] - [name]Rider[/name] almost rhymes with [name]Heidi[/name]. [name]Bernard[/name] sounds like [name]St[/name]. [name]Bernard[/name], so he will get to wear a dog collar and look for lost people in the mountains.
[name]Frieda[/name] [name]Fern[/name] - since her name is [name]Frieda[/name], she will be free. I will give her a key to the front door.
Okay, nine to go. I will have triplets now.
[name]Lydia[/name] [name]June[/name] - She will keep a plastic Tupperware lid in her pocket!
[name]Medea[/name] [name]Joan[/name] - Ooo, she will have a pet snake.
[name]Acadia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] - She will be a [name]Junior[/name] [name]Ranger[/name].
Now I have six to go. I will have twin boys:
[name]Viggo[/name] [name]Vern[/name] - he will wear a vig (wig).
[name]Digby[/name] [name]Dean[/name] - I will give him a shovel so he can dig in the yard.
I have four left:
[name]Clover[/name] Rabbit - she will be lucky!
[name]Bella[/name] [name]Benicia[/name] - she will be a ballerina
[name]Zoltan[/name] [name]Mercury[/name] - he will like to get a suntan by the pool
[name]Nessie[/name] [name]Wren[/name] - she will love birds

[name]Susan[/name], you are too funny! [name]Digby[/name] sounds like a character - I think I’ll steal him…

[name]Susan[/name], you are too funny! [name]Digby[/name] sounds like a character - I think I’ll steal him…[/quote]

I am tired now after having all those kids! Now I have to take care of them. Go ahead and steal the name [name]Digby[/name]. I am too tired to care!