How many kids do you want and what will you name them?

[name]Susan[/name], you are too funny! [name]Digby[/name] sounds like a character - I think I’ll steal him…[/quote]

I am tired now after having all those kids! Now I have to take care of them. Go ahead and steal the name [name]Digby[/name]. I am too tired to care![/quote]

LOL! [name]Susan[/name]! That was amazing! :smiley:

I already have [name]Daniel[/name], [name]Timothy[/name], and [name]Rebecca[/name], but I would [name]LOVE[/name] to have one more…

Let’s see. If I had another girl, I would want to name her [name]Susannah[/name]. BUT, I also want to honor my mother “[name]Mary[/name] [name]Jane[/name].” Since I already used [name]Jane[/name] as [name]Rebecca[/name]'s middle name, I would need to use a version of [name]Mary[/name]. For a while, I thought [name]Marissa[/name]; then I thought it should be [name]Marietta[/name]; now I am thinking [name]Mariah[/name]. Since [name]Mariah[/name] [name]Susannah[/name] doesn’t really work… I am hereby thinking of [name]Mariah[/name] [name]Susan[/name] - or [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mary[/name]. Hmm. I am drawing a blank when I try to analyze the flow of [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mary[/name]. I just can’t “hear” it.

[name]Daniel[/name] [name]Glen[/name]
[name]Timothy[/name] [name]Austin[/name]
[name]Rebecca[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Mariah[/name] [name]Susan[/name] - or - [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mary[/name]

[name]Edit[/name]: [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mary[/name]

Well, I think I’d like to have three kids- four at the most- and at least one of each gender. If you asked me today, my favorite names are:

Girls:
[name]Violet[/name] [name]Alexandra[/name]
[name]Luciana[/name] (c=ch, not s) [name]Rose[/name], nn [name]Luca[/name]
[name]Isadora[/name] [name]Katherine[/name], nn [name]Sadie[/name]
[name]Ava[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name]

Boys:
[name]Oliver[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Sullivan[/name] [name]Michael[/name]
[name]Dexter[/name] [name]James[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Luc[/name]

LOL! [name]Susan[/name] you’re hilarious!

I have 2 boys already. My oldest is [name]Cody[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]. My youngest is [name]Logan[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Whitman[/name]. My husband are planning one having one more.

If we have a boy, he will be [name]Noah[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]. We want to stick with the O-sound if we have another boy, and [name]Thomas[/name] is a way of honoring my [name]Nana[/name], who recently died of ovarian cancer - her twin brother’s name was [name]Thomas[/name].

If we have a girl, she will be [name]Theresa[/name] [name]Catherine[/name] (nn [name]Tessa[/name]). [name]Theresa[/name] was my [name]Nana[/name]'s name, and [name]Catherine[/name] was her favorite name, which she always tried (in vain) to convince pregnant members of the family to use if they had a baby girl.

everwaiteing- I really like [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mary[/name], it’s a very sweet name that could grow with a (future) daughter

I think we’ll probably have 3 kids, but perhaps we’d stop after 2, and if somehow we ended up with 4 I’d be happy. So I’ll put two names for each gender. (The three names thing is at my husband’s insistence, it’s his family’s tradition, not mine and not my preference)

Girls:
[name]Josephine[/name] [name]Mae[/name] [name]Ellen[/name]
[name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Grace[/name]

Boys:
[name]Vincent[/name] [name]Reid[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name]
[name]Dominic[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] or [name]Damian[/name] [name]Joseph[/name] [name]William[/name]

I’m not as sure about the middle names for the boys, but that’s what it is today

hmm 3 I think

[name]Susannah[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Nicholas[/name] [name]Leopold[/name]
[name]Catherine[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]

• [name]Elena[/name] :slight_smile:

I would like to have two kids… boy & girl would be ideal ! (:

Girl: [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Therese[/name]
Boy: [name]Reilly[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]

Girl: [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Therese[/name]
Girl: [name]Giselle[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]

Boy: [name]Reilly[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
Boy: [name]Tristen[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name]

i want 3 or 4.

Boy Names:

• [name]Connor[/name] [name]Nelson[/name]. (Taking after my grandfather)
  • [name]Tyler[/name] [name]Seth[/name], (after my boyfriend) or [name]Tyler[/name] [name]John[/name].
  • [name]Jayce[/name] [name]Thomas[/name].
  • [name]Drew[/name] [name]Carter[/name],

Girl Names:

• [name]Kaley[/name] [name]Lauren[/name]. (After my little cousin that passed away.
  • [name]Morgan[/name] [name]Nicole[/name].
  • [name]Madelyn[/name] Cynae’…

I’d love to have a mega-family like the Duggars - but some would be adopted. If that isn’t possible, I guess I’d settle for 4 or 5 of my own. Their names would be out of the following choices:

Girls: [name]Amy[/name] [name]Kathryn[/name], [name]Charlotte[/name] [name]Amelia[/name], [name]Emmeline[/name] [name]Ophelia[/name], [name]Francesca[/name] [name]Lily[/name]

Boys: [name]Aaron[/name] [name]David[/name], [name]Carter[/name] [name]Daniel[/name], [name]Isaac[/name] [name]Brenden[/name], [name]Levi[/name] [name]Matthew[/name]

2 boys and 2 girls would be perfect for me.

[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]- [name]Lily[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Henry[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]James[/name]- [name]Eddie[/name] (I think)

if 4 boys:
[name]Henry[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Edward[/name] [name]Louis[/name]
[name]Charles[/name] [name]Julian[/name]
[name]James[/name] [name]William[/name]

If 4 girls:
[name]Lilia[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name] [name]Claire[/name]
[name]Rose[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]/[name]Lucia[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]/[name]Alice[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

I want 4 kids. 2 boys, 2 girls.
i would like to have two and adopt two.
At the moment here are my names I plan for them:
[the first names are basically set, the middles are not]
1st daughter- [name]Nora[/name] [name]Lily[/name]
2nd daughter- [name]Ruby[/name] [name]Willow[/name]
1st son- [name]Julian[/name] [name]David[/name]
2nd son- [name]Finn[/name] [name]Alexander[/name]

:slight_smile:

I either want one or two, or else a whole bunch with many years between them, haha. :wink:

For boys, the only name I really love with all my heart is [name]Alfred[/name]. (Which is weird, because I don’t like [name]Albert[/name] or [name]Wilfred[/name]!) I also like [name]Henry[/name] nn [name]Huck[/name]. With girls…there are a few names that I like, but none that I really [name]LOVE[/name], ya know? Whereas I adore my favorite boy names. For girls, I suppose I liiike~ [name]Matilda[/name], [name]Cordelia[/name], and [name]Evangeline[/name] as first names, with family names as middle names. I like that the first two have just enough consonants that they don’t sound too “foofy”.

I believe I want two to four kids- at least one of each.
I really don’t have favourites because I’m always changing my mind. But, for now I am in love with:

Girls:
[name]Vida[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Maeve[/name] [name]Harlow[/name]
[name]Hazel[/name] [name]Jane[/name]

Boys:
[name]Mason[/name] [name]Jude[/name]
[name]Lucas[/name] [name]Harlan[/name]
[name]Nolan[/name] [name]River[/name]

[quote=“sprout”]everwaiteing- I really like [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mary[/name], it’s a very sweet name that could grow with a (future) daughter

Sprout, thanks so much for your input and encouraging me to go with [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mary[/name]! It’s now my top choice!

Everwaiteing

I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Theodore[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]

I already have 2 children and would like 2 to 3 more. If I have two boys in a row I probably wont have anymore.

My two are:
[name]Lila[/name] (leela) [name]Aveline[/name] (F)
Mir” [name]Thelonius[/name] Lightning (M)

Girls:
[name]Magnolia[/name] [name]Penelope[/name] [name]Moon[/name] nn [name]Nola[/name]
[name]Paloma[/name] [name]Clementine[/name] [name]Plum[/name]
[name]Violetta[/name] Athaliah [name]Jewel[/name] nn [name]Etta[/name]

Boys:
[name]Zephyr[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]Fox[/name] nn zef
[name]Maverick[/name] [name]Gabriel[/name] [name]Onyx[/name] nn Mav
[name]Jaguar[/name] [name]Tennessee[/name] [name]Night[/name] nn Jag

First, I wanted to say to everwaiteing: I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Susannah[/name], and think [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mary[/name] is very pretty I also thought maybe [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Mariane[/name] (the i replacing the y in [name]Mary[/name] and the j in [name]Jane[/name]), or [name]Susannah[/name] [name]Maren[/name] would be nice, too. :slight_smile:

I have always wanted three kids, two girls and one boy. I just had my first baby four and a half months ago, and now I think I could maybe be happier with four kids. I am just so sad all the time about how quickly my little girl is growing up! It’s so ridiculous to already be feeling this way, but I am missing the things that haven’t even ended yet…so silly!

In my early teens (I was 13-16, it was 1988-91), the names I had picked out were:

[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Victoria[/name]
[name]Andrew[/name]

[name]Don[/name]'t remember the middle names. Around 16 (1991) I read The Portrait of a Lady, and fell in love with the way the name [name]Isabella[/name] looked on the page. My names gradually evolved into:

[name]Isabella[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] ([name]Margaret[/name] is my mom’s middle name)
[name]Gavin[/name] [name]Richard[/name] ([name]Gavin[/name] and [name]Richard[/name] are family names)

Somewhere along the way I decided I liked [name]Sophia[/name] better than [name]Isabella[/name]…I went away to college and the woman who founded the college I attended was named [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Smith[/name]. [name]Sophia[/name] soon became my favorite name, and I particularly loved what it meant. That was around 1996, when [name]Sophia[/name] wasn’t so insanely popular.

So anyway, I’ve been frustrated with the fact that the names I loved for years became so bloody overused. [name]Amelia[/name] was still sort of okay, I thought, and that was my first choice name for my daughter who was born last [name]September[/name]. Unfortunately, husbands have opinions about names, it turns out, so I had to give up [name]Amelia[/name] and [name]Julian[/name] ([name]Julian[/name] replaced [name]Gavin[/name] about ten years ago).

[name]Oliver[/name] would have been the name had she been a boy, but now my husband claims that [name]Oliver[/name] is out if I’m ever pregnant with a boy in the future. He says that it was my daughter’s boy name, and we can’t ever consider it again for that reason. Ridiculous!

Anyway, based on the fact that we named our daughter [name]Genevieve[/name] B”atrix ([name]Genevieve[/name] we just liked, B”atrix is after a teacher and friend who passed away in 2003), these are the names I would love for my future kids. (I’m only listing names I think stand a chance of passing my husband’s rigid likes and dislikes! And I know he likes these names reasonably well, because he said so at least once.):

[name]Genevieve[/name] B”atrix (nn [name]Genny[/name]) S____________________
[name]Cormac[/name] [name]Richard[/name] (nn [name]Mac[/name]) S_____________________
[name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Margot[/name] (nn [name]Aurelie[/name]) S_____________________

I’m not a fan of [name]Mac[/name], but my husband campaigned heavily for it last time, so I think [name]Cormac[/name] is a nice compromise (he’s not sold). It’s funny, it’s still just as much fun to daydream about my future kids’ names now as it was when I was a teenager. It’s just gotten incredibly more complicated now that I know my married name, now that I have a husband who wants some say in the matter, and now that I’ve named one already. But it’s still so much fun to think about all the time, too!

Hey, Gingerkid, thanks for the original ideas about using [name]Mariane[/name] or [name]Maren[/name] as alternatives for “[name]Mary[/name] [name]Jane[/name]” / [name]Mary[/name]!!

BTW, congratulations on little 4-month old [name]Genevieve[/name]!! Gorgeous name!! I know what you mean about missing your child’s stages of development before they are over. You are experiencing that earlier than I did, but I know the feeling. It’s a good sign that you are not going to take anything about motherhood for granted. It’s such a dream-come-true to have kids! (As my daughter is now 11, I am trying to cherish every minute that she still looks like a child.) I could also identify with the rude awakening of realizing names you carefully picked out have to be compromised to accommodate your husband’s wishes. (At age 14, I promised by 87-year-old grandfather I’d name my son after him someday… and then couldn’t for that reason.) It was interesting to hear how your chosen names evolved and why you chose them. Best wishes! Enjoy every minute with your baby girl!

I have always wanted at least two, a boy and a girl. If a third came along I would love it! But I will go with two and pick names for two boys, two girls, and one of each…

Two boys: (two middle names are a tradition with boys)
[name]Gregory[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]James[/name] nn [name]Greg[/name]
[name]Harrison[/name] [name]Magnus[/name] [name]Finn[/name] nn [name]Rhys[/name]

Two Girls:
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Lily[/name] nn [name]Ginny[/name] or [name]Evie[/name]/[name]Eve[/name]
[name]Helena[/name] [name]Rose[/name] nn [name]Lena[/name] or [name]Leni[/name]

Boy and Girl:
[name]Gregory[/name] [name]Maxwell[/name] [name]James[/name] nn [name]Greg[/name]
[name]Genevieve[/name] [name]Lily[/name] nn [name]Ginny[/name]

I’m sure by the time I can actually name my first child, I will have changed my mind a hundred times. :slight_smile: Thanks for the fun thread!