How many kids do you want?

Hii, I don’t know if this fits the category but how many kids do you want to have if you had all the conditions??
I want ate least 3 but I would like to have 5
(Always wanted a big family, when I was younger I wanted probably 12 kids)

2 Likes

I want at least 4, preferably 5-6. I’ve always wanted a large family because I only have one other sibling and we have a huge age gap. Also more kids=more names!!

1 Like

It varies day to day hahah.

Ideally 3 kids, but I wouldn’t mind a couple more— gives me an excuse to use all of my names :wink:

2 Likes

I’m not sure. I go back and forth all in between 1-5, but usually come back to 3.

1 Like

Either 2 or 4. (Not 3 because I like even numbers and no one gets left out. I’ve also read that the dynamic with 3 can actually be more stressful than 4).

Reasons for 2: really sweet dynamic and less stressful. The only downside is that it would be nice to have 1 of each gender, which is less likely to happen if there are only 2.

Reasons for 4: I would love to have a larger family, and 4 feels pretty perfect! That said, I would be terrified of ending up with 4 boys, because that just sounds so stressful to me. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’d like 4-5. If money was no object I’d have at least 6. I grew up in a family of 4 and its the best. I’d like 5 but don’t know about an odd one out child?

2 Likes

An active topic about the same subject:

4 Likes

Perhaps unusually for this forum, I actually don’t want any! I end up using my names on my pets (current cat: [name_m]Montague[/name_m], with a whole “pet name list” for the future) and characters in my plays.

2 Likes

Even though it is a few years in the future, probably 1 or 2.

1 Like

Ummmm

One or two!
If my first is a boy, I’ll adopt a girl because I can’t risk having kids named [name_m]Eric[/name_m] 1 and [name_m]Eric[/name_m] 2.
I’ll be pretty busy so I wouldn’t be able to handle more than 2.

2 Likes

Ideally, three for me

2 Likes

Im an only child, which means that I’m alone a lot so I definitely want at least two kids. Maybe three, Idk.

1 Like

As a person with a lot of younger siblings, I’ve experienced firsthand how much fun being in a big family can be–it’s like living with your best friends. Since I want my kids to experience that too, I’m aiming for at least 4, hopefully 5 or 6.

1 Like

Just 1 bio kid :relaxed: Circumstances would have to drastically change to consider any more than that.

(I’m hopeful my future kid will have half-siblings from my donor)

I’d also like to foster, but with the intention of reunification, not adoption.

1 Like

4 or 5. Our first one is so cute at the minute we’re leaning towards five :joy: might change when th toddler tantrums kick in :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I’d like 3 ideally.

1 Like

I have 2 and I would like another, and 3 is my max. I personally don’t feel like one will be left out either. I think this largely depends on gender and age gaps and family inclusivity. I am one of three. [name_f]My[/name_f] partner is one of 4. [name_f]My[/name_f] brother was never left out. [name_f]My[/name_f] sister and I used to dote on him and push him around in our dolls pram pretending we bought him from a doll’s shop :joy:
As he got older we had the same interests (movies/music/film production) and we followed the same career path in that sense with him graduating in film production and I graduated in [name_f]English[/name_f] Literature and [name_f]Media[/name_f] Communications. There is a 5 year age gap between us. I get on better with my brother than my older sister.
So I think any dynamic could work. The only dynamic I think which feels kind of sad is just having one child. I’d imagine that’s pretty lonely. ( But I appreciate people may not want or can’t have more than one child)

1 Like

Right now, I want 3, but I’d be okay with having 4 to 6 as well.

1 Like

I have 4 now (the youngest two are twins) and I think 5 would be my ideal number. [name_f]My[/name_f] SO would like 6… We’ll see :sweat_smile: I feel like my family isn’t complete yet, so if circumstances allow it and we’re lucky there will be a fifth. Six is my absolute maximum though.

2 Likes

I think I’d be thrilled to even have 1. We’ll see I guess.

1 Like