How Many Kids?

I’m too young for kids but eventually I’d love to have multiple, ideally 4+ but I’d be happy with any. I would definitely adopt/foster :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m young and don’t have any kids yet but I ideally want 5. Realistically I think that finding a husband that wants 5 will be hard and it also depends on our salary. But I won’t go below 3.

@eileithyia thank you so much this is such a lovely thing to read. I’ve had a tough time of it of recent one of my best friends completed suicide and it’s been tough and as result been finding parenthood tricky as I haven’t had time to process his death really so reading this has made me smile. I just hope me & [name_f]Lilia[/name_f] have a bond just like you and your mum

2 Likes

This response genuinely made me laugh out loud so funny :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

We have 5 children (a son and 4 daughters) and I’m currently 24 weeks pregnant with our sixth. Our situation is interesting because we had 3 children when we were young, then there was a 6-year age gap and we had a surprise fourth pregnancy! After we have our fourth child, we decided it would be nice for her to have siblings closer in age. Now we’ll have a set of 3 older children (17, 15, 12) and 3 younger children (5, almost 2, and baby)!

I always liked the idea of having a large family, but I didn’t think I’d ever have more than 4. I feel very lucky and happy that we have the time, energy, and money to support a big family.

2 Likes

2 is great, I love it. I was lucky enough to have a girl and a boy so I know what our genetics look like in either sex haha. I grew up in a family of 4 kids and there were pros and cons. While I know what it’s like to have a sister and brothers and have lots of great childhood memories with them, I don’t have a lot of memories with my mom. She was always busy just trying to run the household so my older sister kind of took over. And we had no money to do anything! While I do sometimes wonder what it would have been like to have more (and what I would have named them of course) I am happy with two. I stressed a lot about child spacing (how many years apart to have them) and ultimately I don’t think it matters as much as having attentive parents who cultivate an environment of love and friendship whithin the family.

1 Like

I only want an odd number of kids so it would be either 1, 3 or 5. But the odds of each one happening is probably 3, 1, and then 5. I wouldn’t have more than 5.

2 Likes

Started having kids late because through my twenties the husband and I thought we didn’t want kids. At 28 changed our minds then it took 4 years for our daughter. We wanted to try for a little boy and found out we were pregnant shortly after our daughters first birthday with twin boys. So originally hoped for a boy and girl, but after our boys it’s tempting to round it out to an even 4 but with age and health don’t know that it’s practical.

1 Like

I have one child, but I want at least three.

1 Like

I’d love 4 but I could see myself with 3 or 2. I grew up as an only child and I always felt isolated as a kid. All my friends had siblings and had an instant best friend, or at least companion. I would prefer an even number (2 or 4) but 3 is definitely a possibility. Honestly it all depends on where I am in life and how much time + money I have to devote to kids and what my partner wants

1 Like

No kids yet and not planning for them any time soon, but I would love three! I could see having 2 for a variety of reasons, more one-on-one time for each, financial, travel. I could also see 4, depending on age, financial situation, and my future partner. But when I think about my future family, I picture three little ones in it :heart:

1 Like

I am a teenberry so I definately don’t have any kids…
I would like 10 kids but I think I’ll probably end up with 6😔

2 Likes

No kids yet, three has always been a number I feel called to but due to the way I have to conceive, one is most likely!

account owner, not the same as last two posters on account

1 Like

I have 2, wanted 2 and we’re done with 2

1 Like

i’m so sorry for your loss <3

1 Like

I always wanted 3, but we left it pretty late to start, and I also hadn’t realised how full on parenting is. :sweat_smile: We have 2 now and although I sort of feel like I still want my 3rd, there’s all sorts of other thing to consider:

• space in the house
  • finances and time for extracurricular activities, travel, etc etc
  • time for me and my partner to be with each other and also ourselves, with our own interests and hobbies
  • time away from my career
  • the planet and overpopulation and sustainability
  • quality time to give our existing kids
  • the horrific pregnancies I have - horrid morning sickness, hypothyroidism to manage, and increased risk for placental issues and therefore for stillbirth
  • the risk of health issues for the child - it’s not so much that we’re at a higher risk than anyone else (though with age we might be), but so far SEEM to be lucky with two healthy kids, but the reality is that a child having cerebral palsy, type I diabetes, autism, downs etc would mean a different life for our older two kids and us.
2 Likes

I have 1, ideally want 2, but will likely just have the 1.

[name_f]My[/name_f] daughter and I are thick as thieves - it’s hard to imagine adding another child into the mix and dividing my attention. I would love for her to have a sibling but at the same time, I think she truly loves all of the one-on-one playtime she gets with us.

1 Like

I have 3 ages 13, almost 10, and 7. [name_f]My[/name_f] number was always 4. When I met my husband he said he wanted 6. Then we had our first and it freaked him out. I had to talk him into #2 and #3 with the stipulations being that he would get a vasectomy after #3 was earth side. [name_m]Flash[/name_m] forward to now and I’ve never stopped wanting another. He shocked the heck out of me a couple of months ago by saying he wants another too and scheduled himself for a vasectomy reversal. He’s 2 weeks post operation and feeling great, so we’ll see. I think we’ll definitely have at least 2 more if everything works out. Possibly 3-5 more. Who knows! :grin:

3 Likes

I’d like 2-4 I think. 3 would be my “perfect” number if I could snap my fingers. More than a small family, but not quite a caravan!

We’ll have 3 ages 3 and under this [name_f]April[/name_f]. If I can stay heathy throughout this pregnancy then we’ll have more but if I end up with preeclampsia again then I want to stop until I’m sure I am fully recovered and replenished.