How many of these rare names do you know?

That’s gorgeous :heart:

2 Likes

i knew 21!

adeluna
berjouhi
calais
channary
connemara
dymphna
ellerby
emmadine
feyre
fialka
flavie
inika
ivalo
lilium
niharika
onnolee
quitterie
ruta
tulia
zemfira
zabou

i know an inika and knew a niharika which probably pushes it up a bit :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I counted 25 :blush::white_heart:
But there were still quite a few new gems I got to discover thanks to this post :heart_eyes::tulip::sparkles:

1 Like
Summary

Thank you for thinking of me :heart_eyes:

Summary

@Poffin aww thank you!! And very much likewise!! :heart_eyes::white_heart::sparkles:

1 Like

Uh… two. [name_u]Jasiri[/name_u] and [name_f]Tulia[/name_f]. All beautiful names!

1 Like

I only recognized 11! Fun list @sophiekihm! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I recognized about 22!

I’ve actually met or extensively heard about a [name_f]Gigliola[/name_f], [name_f]Giusy[/name_f], [name_f]Ifeoma[/name_f], and [name_f]Quynh[/name_f]!

And of course I was very excited to see [name_u]Ellerby[/name_u]! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Exact same here!

2 Likes

I only knew two, [name_f]Questa[/name_f] and [name_f]Tulia[/name_f], though it’s not a huge surprise since I wouldn’t call myself extremely into names or at least not like a lot of the people on here. It was nice to see a list like this with names that are actually rare!

1 Like

Oh my gosh when I first read this I thought it was how many people do you know with these names in real life and I was thinking… wow! I wish I knew that many people with such cool names!

I knew of:
[name_f]Adeluna[/name_f]
[name_f]Calais[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleotilde[/name_f]
[name_u]Ellerby[/name_u]
[name_f]Evodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Feyre[/name_f]
[name_f]Fialka[/name_f]
[name_f]Flavie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivalo[/name_f] - my personal favourite!
[name_f]Lilium[/name_f]
[name_f]Ngoc[/name_f]
[name_f]Onnolee[/name_f]
[name_f]Phuong[/name_f]
[name_f]Quitterie[/name_f]
[name_f]Ruta[/name_f]
[name_f]Sibi[/name_f]
[name_f]Tiferet[/name_f]
[name_f]Tiril[/name_f]
[name_f]Uxia[/name_f]
[name_f]Zumar[/name_f]

2 Likes

29 for me! Most of them just from seeing them once or twice around the forums.

2 Likes

I knew 47. I don’t anybody IRL with a single name on the list, though, and I have dozens of notebooks of names I’ve listed IRL through the years around the world.

1 Like

I knew 14!

1. Adeluna
  2. Aulelei
  3. Calais
  4. Carminho
  5. Cleotilde
  6. Harumi
  7. Inika
  8. Ivalo
  9. Lilium
  10. Questa
  11. Tulia
  12. Umama
  13. Waveney
  14. Zumar

I also found some gems (Feyre, Izela, Loana, Xois) and was reminded of some gems (Ivalo and Zumar).

1 Like

[name_f]Lokelani[/name_f]

[name_m]Loke[/name_m] - Hawaiian… version? (someone please tell me a better word for this) of “rose”. It directly translates the letters into the Hawaiian alphabet. R becomes L & S becomes K.
[name_f]Lani[/name_f] - a Hawaiian word that can mean “sky” or “heaven”.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] want to clarify that a lot of names listed as “Hawaiian” on this website are not actually entirely of Hawaiian origin :]

1 Like

[name_f]Calais[/name_f]
[name_f]Channary[/name_f]
[name_f]Connemara[/name_f]
[name_f]Evodie[/name_f]
[name_f]Flavie[/name_f]
[name_f]Giusy[/name_f]
[name_f]Harumi[/name_f]
[name_f]Ivalo[/name_f]
[name_f]Juhi[/name_f]

1 Like

I recognized 54 names, and I’ve met 6 of them (Almudena, [name_f]Cleotilde[/name_f], [name_f]Ifeoma[/name_f], [name_f]Nouf[/name_f], [name_f]Quynh[/name_f], Ruta).

I love [name_f]Itsaso[/name_f], [name_f]Kincső[/name_f], [name_f]Kyriaki[/name_f], [name_f]Ngoc[/name_f], and [name_f]Yamini[/name_f]. [name_f]Akuol[/name_f] and [name_f]Catiche[/name_f] are new to me but immediately stood out. And [name_f]Belkis[/name_f], a variation of [name_f]Bilqis[/name_f], is one of my recent favorites.

[name_f]Almudena[/name_f], [name_f]Dalisay[/name_f], [name_f]Ivalo[/name_f], [name_f]Jagoda[/name_f], [name_f]Nouf[/name_f], [name_f]Omya[/name_f], and [name_f]Zemfira[/name_f] used to be on my list. [name_f]Nouf[/name_f] was my absolute favorite name when I was about 13 and I never see it mentioned anywhere!

2 Likes

Only 5!
[name_f]Adeluna[/name_f], [name_f]Calais[/name_f], [name_f]Dymphna[/name_f], [name_f]Nokomis[/name_f], [name_f]Tiferet[/name_f]

1 Like

17 by meaning, I have heard 20 of them

I was very familiar with [name_f]Gigliola[/name_f] and [name_f]Giusy[/name_f]! (I am from Italy)

1 Like

Are we asking how many of these names we personally know as belonging to someone we know?
If that’s the question - my answer is 1! I know a few females named [name_f]Tiferet[/name_f].

1 Like