How many would you have??

I really only want one or two. I don’t see the point in replacing more than yourselves, but that’s just my personal opinion. Of course, because we agree on one or two, we’ll probably end up with seven.

That made me chuckle haha! I sometimes think since I want a big family I’ll have one and think of my old self as crazy!

To answer the question I would love 5-7 kids, adopting two tween/teens.

Ideally I would like to have two more children. SO and I each have one child from previous relationships, so we would have four total, but they will likely all be 3-4 years apart in age, which will hopefully make it a little less insane around the house!

I’m expecting our eighth–but our family has been built through both birth and adoption. Neither dh nor I put a ceiling on on our family, but I’m thinking that our ages alone will do that for us. :slight_smile:

It keeps changing! For years I said I wasn’t going to have kids. Then, I got married and wanted a baby like crazy. My DH and I talked about having 2 or 3. Now, we have two babies, and I keep feeling like we should have at least one more. If it was up to me and there were no real world issues, I would have 4-6 kids. I would love to adopt, too, so maybe that could be a mix of my kids through birth and adoption.

As the 3rd oldest of 9, and a nanny to 5, I have really come to see the advantages of a smaller sized family. Each child takes time and attention away from the other, and that is something that should really be considered. I think that for me 3 is probably ideal, and 4 is as high as I would ever go simply because I want to be the best mother that I am capable of being to each of them.

The more names I find that I love the more babies I want to have. It started at 4, its now pushing 5-6. Husband is all for the increase :smiley:

[name]One[/name]. I only want one, my fiance’ wants 2-3.

However, if I have twins or triplets, then that’s fine, but I refuse to go through the birthing process more than once. So if he wants his 2-3 then we’ll probably adopt.

3 is my ideal, maybe 4, my husband and I are both only children and want a large (comparably that is) family.

I would like three, my husband won’t go for more than two, though.

I would ideally want 2. My partner is a only child, and around the beginning of our relationship, I asked him if he wanted kids, and how many. He said…“one”. Now, I grew up with a brother, and always wanted a sister too! So I asked “weren’t you lonely growing up? Didn’t you wish for a brother or sister?” He agreed that he HAD felt lonely and had also wished for siblings. He clearly had never considered this question before. Now, four years later, he always talks about our future “kids” and how he hopes we can have a girl AND a boy. I think asking for more than 2 would be pushing it, and I don’t think I’d want more than 2 anyway…I’d rather truly know, love and care for 2 than spread myself thin (not that I’m saying that people with more than 2 kids do this, this is just how I feel). Plus, I’m a teacher, so I don’t want to go from a huge classful of kids to a huge houseful of kids! BUT…IF it happened by fluke that I had 3, I certainly wouldn’t be disappointed…!

I don’t want any kids at all. I just like names :slight_smile:

No more than two. I’d have guilt issues about reproducing over replacement level; honestly I have guilt issues about reproducing at all.

If we had our two and felt like we wanted more, we’d adopt.

Ideally I would want a boy, then B/G twins. I go back and forth between wanting two boys and one girl, or just one boy and one girl

3 or 4.
2 and 5 both seem far too small/large a number, I could not see myself with either.

I think 3 would be my ideal for how much I could handle but I would hate to have an odd number, because I feel, especially if I had two boys and girl, the one gender would always feel left out (except in the case of 3 of the same gender, where there would still be issues for games and teams)
4 just seems like the perfect number to me, (esp. 2 boys and 2 girls), everyone would have someone they could talk to and people to play with. It just might be too much for me.

We’ll see what my future husband thinks

yellow - I battle with those same thoughts! That’s another reason why I really just want 2.

Five.

I grew up as the oldest of four, and I always thought five would be the perfect number. I’ve gone from not wanting to any to wanting a dozen, but I’m pretty happy with the idea of five now. Four is great, and I really loved that, but somehow it always felt like I was “missing” a sibling, I don’t know how to explain it, haha. Like there was always supposed to be one more child, maybe adopted, that my parents never had. So having five children would be very symbolic for me. I would love having 3 girls and 2 boys, but I’d take whatever I can get. :slight_smile: I would adopt at least three of them, I think, but I’d want to go through the whole pregnancy experience at least once.

If my future hypothetical SO wouldn’t agree to that many, then I’d settle for at least three. I just don’t think I could function with a 1 or 2-child household–it’s not crazy enough! lol. My parents’ house was loud and fun and crazy and something was always going on. I can’t imagine my family being anything less. So anywhere from 3-5, realistically, but if I had five and hadn’t gone crazy yet, I don’t think I’d object to a sixth. :slight_smile:

I can’t recall if I posted in this topic yet or now, but I’d love to have 4! Although, lately idea of more keeps appealing to me

If money wasn’t an issues, and neither was health, I’d have as many as I could up to 8 probably.
But 4 is my ideal number right now. I like the even number, that way no one would feel left out. Someone would always have someone to at least talk to. I’m eldest of three, and I don’t have a counterpart since I have two younger brothers, they have each other.

I’d love to have a boy first, then girl, girl, and wildcard. I like the idea of Triplets, or having the girls be twins. But I definitely want my first to be single and a boy. But so long as they’re healthy, I really don’t care what sex I get. Although 4 boys would drive me mental, lol.

My SO is totally fine with 4 as well. He wants a boy for sure though to carry on the family name. Men.

I would like 5 or 6, and luckily my husband agrees!

We currently, have two, and I am pregnant with our 3rd and 4th! (twins, just found out yesterday!)

Two at the most. I can see myself being more likely to have only one than having more than two. Unless there’s any surprise multiples of course.
Having a large family doesn’t appeal to me,though I can see why it would to others.