How popular do you think Evelyn, Arden and Imogen will get?

I’m in the US and am most interested in how popular they’ll become here, but but am also interested in this on a global level. I’m aware that [name]Imogen[/name] is already quite trendy in the UK and wonder how much it’ll catch on here.

This may seem like a strange grouping - I always group these three together in my mind, probably because they have the -en sound ending that’s ubiquitous today, seem to be just coming into fashion (or on the verge of it) and have more history than [name]Jayden[/name] et al. :slight_smile:

Evelyn and Imogen are both top 100 in my state in Aus (Imogen top 60) and in other states its even higher (top 30ish). I don’t see Arden becoming popular at all, especially given that it is related to a football team’s ground here. FWIW I really like Arden though.

[name]Evelyn[/name]: Really popular. Top 20 and up.
[name]Imogen[/name]: I don’t think this will enter the top 100 within the next five years. Actually, I’d be surprised if it makes it that high in the next 10.
[name]Arden[/name]: I love this name and want you to use it because it’s awesome…so I’ll say not very popular. But in all seriousness, it’s the most obscure of the three. You’re safe.

I’m doubting that [name]Imogen[/name] is going to catch on in [name]North[/name] [name]America[/name] the same way it did in the UK. I personally think [name]Evelyn[/name] will probably hover where it is, maybe moving up a little bit but I don’t think it’s going to become the next [name]Charlotte[/name]. And I don’t think [name]Arden[/name] will become too popular. I think it’s one of those names you hear once in a while and think, “Wow, that’s cool.”

I think [name]Evelyn[/name] will become pretty popular in the US. I know several babies with that name right now. It’s lovely though!

[name]Evelyn[/name] is so gorgeous. I could easily see it getting very popular.

I don’t see [name]Imogen[/name] getting as popular as it is in the UK. [name]Arden[/name] may hit within a few years as a new unisex name, and [name]Evelyn[/name] already has a good popularity. Out of all of them I think [name]Evelyn[/name] would probably be the most popular.

[name]Evelyn[/name] is already pretty popular in the US. I don’t think you have to worry about [name]Imogen[/name] getting popular in the US,though. While it is trendy in the UK, I think it’s a name, like [name]Clementine[/name], which is still very quintessentially British, and almost too unfamiliar for the US. There might be some kids named [name]Imogen[/name] in the US I don’t think [name]Arden[/name] will reach top 100 status in the US anytime soon. It’s a beautiful name that I could see definitely being used on kids in the US, but I don’t think it’ll become popular, or as far as unisex names goes, the next [name]Riley[/name] or [name]Harper[/name], if that makes sense.

[name]Evelyn[/name] is already pretty popular in the US. I don’t think you have to worry about [name]Imogen[/name] getting popular in the US,though. While it is trendy in the UK, I think it’s a name like [name]Clementine[/name], which is still very quintessentially British, and almost too unfamiliar for the US. There might be some kids named [name]Imogen[/name] in the US by parents ahead of the trends,but I still think it will be very uncommon for a long time. I don’t think [name]Arden[/name] will reach top 100 status in the US anytime soon either. It’s a beautiful name that I could see definitely being used on kids in the US, but I don’t think it’ll become popular, or as far as unisex names goes, the next [name]Riley[/name] or [name]Harper[/name], if that makes sense.

I don’t think they’ll ever get too trendy here in the US. I chose [name]Imogen[/name] as the name of one of my book character, but I chose it specificsally because I thought it would never be too popular. [name]Arden[/name] is rarely heard, probably overshadowed by other -en type names. [name]Evelyn[/name]'s probably the most popular of the group. I know two little girls (1 and 3 years old) named [name]Evelyn[/name] ([name]Evie[/name]). My favorite is obviously [name]Imogen[/name], but I also like [name]Arden[/name]. Honestly, [name]Evelyn[/name] is NMS; but I also have a bad personal connotation with it (snarky and dense older woman I know).

I would agree that out of the trio, [name]Imogen[/name] is not likely to ever be near the top of the charts in the U.S. Probably because most Americans mispronounce it.

[name]Evelyn[/name] is probably popular because of the potential of nickname [name]Evie[/name], and Evas & Avas have been trendy here for a while.

[name]Arden[/name] feels masculine to me, even if it is being used on girls. Not my style I guess.

All three are lovely! I don’t see any of them becoming popular; maybe [name]Evelyn[/name] becoming a little bit well known like [name]Penelope[/name], because of those wanting an [name]Ava[/name] like name but [name]Imogen[/name] is very un-American in terms of popular styles and [name]Arden[/name] even more so.