How popular do you think Scarlett will become?

Yes, this is my third post since finding out I was having a baby girl 2 months ago. My husband and I are still stuck between [name]Viola[/name] & [name]Scarlett[/name]. One question I have for those of you that have been doing this for awhile is how popular do you think [name]Scarlett[/name] will become? I have seen on the ssa name charts that it has jumped 500 some points in the past 7 years. I am ok with using a name that is in the top 200, top 100. In fact, my son’s name is [name]Julian[/name] and it was ranking between 70’s-80’s when we decided to use it. I have run into some other Julians, but not enough to bother me. However, I think that I would be devestated if the name climbed to the top 20 like [name]Olivia[/name], [name]Sophia[/name], [name]Ava[/name], [name]Ella[/name], [name]Lily[/name], etc. I also would be upset if the name became extremely dated like a [name]Taylor[/name]. I know that you can’t see into the future…but what is your best guess on how popular this name will become? Thanks!

Side note, the reason I am concerned about [name]Viola[/name] is the exact opposite from [name]Scarlett[/name]! It seems so far out there on popularity that it hasn’t gotten as good of a response from the few select friends/family I have told. [name]Do[/name] you see this one breaking the 1,000 mark?

[name]Just[/name] my guess - I think that [name]Scarlett[/name] is distinctive enough that it will never be the next [name]Emily[/name] or [name]Madison[/name]. This may sound odd, but I believe the color association might curb its popularity a bit…it’s just a bit less flexible, flowy and obviously feminine than [name]Isabella[/name] or [name]Emma[/name]. That being said, I do think it is definitely high on the hot list and will remain so for the next few years.
As for [name]Viola[/name], I don’t see it as being too out there at all…partially because [name]Violet[/name] has become so mainstream lately. It’s a lovely name!

[name]Scarlett[/name] seems to be getting up there in popularity. I agree that it won’t be the next [name]Emily[/name] or [name]Madison[/name], but it does seem to be becoming one of trendier names of the moment. I see it mentioned enough now that I have removed it from my list.

I’d go with [name]Viola[/name] if you’re really concerned about the name being too popular or trendy. But if you really love [name]Scarlett[/name], then go for it. :slight_smile:

I like the name [name]Scarlett[/name] quite a bit, but it does have the risk of becoming like a [name]Taylor[/name] down the line. It will never be in the top 20, but will I think be associated with this decade. I think that is true of a lot of names that come out of nowhere and then rise in popularity very rapidly like what is going on with [name]Scarlett[/name] now. Now, if this didn’t bother you, then I’d say you should use it. But since this is something you are concerned about, I do think that [name]Scarlett[/name] has a high risk of sounding dated at some point (kind of like [name]Savannah[/name]).

I think if you’re looking for a less popular name you’re much better off with [name]Viola[/name] than [name]Scarlett[/name]. We’re planning on [name]Scarlett[/name] for a middle name ([name]Talia[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]) for precisely that reason - it is not unusual enough for us to consider as a first name for this or future daughters.

Super popular is my guess, [name]Scarlett[/name]'s style is one that might be ate up and then spit out not unlike [name]Emily[/name] and her variations which have lined the charts for years. But if you really like [name]Scarlett[/name] you may want to try [name]Colette[/name] or [name]Nicoletta[/name] or even [name]Nicolette[/name].

I agree with -sarah-, I don’t think most parents will choose it, but it seems to have that [name]Brittany[/name] feel to me. Used to be so modern and fresh (well [name]Scarlett[/name] still seems to be), but I can see it being cheapened somewhat and go out of favor, more for the reasons not being it is too popular but among whom it becomes more popular. I remember when [name]Scarlett[/name] seemed like a daring choice, and eccentric and very upscale - who do you have to be to pull off a name like that when everyone else has a name like [name]Susan[/name] or [name]Jessica[/name]?

If anything, I don’t think it will be so popular, but it’s going to have that certain tinge of a point in time. To me, it’s almost a cliche of “such an unusual name,” somewhat like when I went to school, [name]Jennifer[/name], [name]Jennifer[/name], [name]Lisa[/name], [name]Christine[/name], [name]Simone[/name], … wait, what? I don’t know what about [name]Simone[/name], but it seems like a typical unusual name attraction, if an unusual name can be considered typical. If someone was writing a contemporary story of my life as a teenager, the odd and intriguing girl would probably be named [name]Simone[/name] - so I feel like today’s version of this is [name]Scarlett[/name].

[name]Karen[/name], thanks for your feedback and thoughts. My question is, don’t you think a lot of the names that we like now will have this era’s tinge to it and will feel like cliches on unusual names? Maybe it is somewhat impossible to escape this unless you go with a classic? [name]How[/name] do you pick a name that you like now, is a more uncommon (again, if I really love a name I can handle it ranking around 200 or even 150), and will stand the test of time without becoming too dated?

I imagine that in my kids’ generation there will be a class full of Avas, Sophias, Olivias, [name]Lily[/name], etc. and then you will have the more unusual (but common for this era) names that end in belle (annabelle, isabelle, mirabelle, etc.) and ine ([name]Adeline[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Madeline[/name], etc.). You will also have the unusual names tied to nature [name]Violet[/name], [name]Iris[/name], [name]Ivy[/name], etc. Won’t all of these names be tied to this era eventually? [name]How[/name] do you know which ones will stand out as the more cliche uncommon names from this era? [name]Will[/name] [name]Violet[/name] be any different than [name]Scarlett[/name]? I have decided not to use [name]Violet[/name] b/c I already know 2 people that have used it. However, I don’t have any Scarletts in my network (yet…although, I know they are out there somewhere b/c the two names are close in popularity).

Anyway, I have tried to tell myself not to worry about popularity too much and just go with a name I like. That is what I did with my son, [name]Julian[/name], and I don’t regret it. However, I just can’t decide this time and it seems that with these two names that the popularity characteristic keeps coming up b/c they differ so greatly. The people that tell me they like [name]Viola[/name] say it is because it is more “unique”. The people that tell me they like [name]Scarlett[/name] better don’t say it but I can tell it is because it seems less “out there”. I feel like people are deciding their favorite based on where it falls popularity wise. I find myself worrying about picking [name]Viola[/name] just b/c it is more unique or picking [name]Scarlett[/name] just b/c I feel more people will like it. Anyway, I still have 2 1/2 months to decide. I just wish I didn’t care whether [name]Scarlett[/name] would become too dated or whether [name]Viola[/name] will be hated by many b/c it is so uncommon (except within this community) :slight_smile:

P.S. If [name]Scarlett[/name] became the [name]Simone[/name] of this generation… I could handle that. I actually like [name]Simone[/name] :slight_smile: I am more worried about it becoming a [name]Madison[/name], [name]Taylor[/name], [name]Mackenzie[/name], [name]Jayden[/name], etc. (sorry, if people like some of those names. I don’t mean to offend… just not my style).

Much as I like it, I think that [name]Scarlett[/name] does have a risk of becoming like [name]Madison[/name], [name]Taylor[/name], etc. [name]Karen[/name] hit the nail on the head with the “it’s not so much how common it becomes as who will end up using it”. [name]Viola[/name] is a better analogy to [name]Simone[/name] than [name]Scarlett[/name], [name]IMO[/name].

But I do sympathize with your dilemna of [name]Viola[/name] being unaccepted by those whose taste in names is more mainstream and not as sophisticated. I actually think [name]Violet[/name] strikes the right balance between these two considerations, though even it will likely end up being more of a flash in the pan like [name]Scarlett[/name].

I am older (40), and I have already seen so many names start out hip and become dated. Which may be why we ended up using such a boring name for our daughter ([name]Laura[/name] - and even that is not without it’s detractors who think it is dated because it is not trendy). In some ways, you can’t win – and you will say the name a million times in a lifetime, so it ultimately needs to be one that you love, regardless of social trends.

Ironically, you have to somewhat go against the grain in order to avoid picking a name that will end up being just a fad, so I am not surprised many people tell you they like [name]Scarlett[/name] better. For instance, in real life, most everyone told us to use [name]Lauren[/name] rather than [name]Laura[/name], clearly because it is more mainstream, and sounds more modern, at least for now. But most on this board (true name junkies) said just the opposite, that [name]Laura[/name] is a classic and [name]Lauren[/name] is dated.

Yes, it is true - I think it’s almost unavoidable for names to become tied to their generation. However, I have seen several names suggested lately that I’d have thought their time had passed already. I thought a name like [name]Oliver[/name] would have risen and declined already, but some people are calling that real new, kind of some obscure treasure, let’s dig it up now. Maybe it was there all along, quietly, and I think some names can exist quietly for decades and never really be outdated or too popular. Another name like [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name] will seemingly never go out of style - tell that to all the Lisas and Cathys ([name]Catherine[/name] with a C seemed to be in favor) of my generation, not to mention some who were [name]Liz[/name] or [name]Beth[/name] nn’s for the full [name]Elizabeth[/name], few of whom I actually knew. Since this is very long, feel free to skim down to the part where I address the names you’ve chosen (ALL CAPS). I do think that names evolve and popularity can be overstated or understated, and there are several interim examples I have picked out - that’s the long part in the middle.

When you think about how many Emmas there already are and wonder how much longer it, along with [name]Emily[/name] at #3, it can rule the age, it’s a pretty significant number. The popularity in one year doesn’t tell the whole story. [name]Emma[/name] and [name]Emily[/name] make up almost 2% of baby girl births in a single year, but over how long? I don’t think [name]Scarlett[/name] will make a spike toward the top of the chart, and even a name like [name]Madison[/name], which seems like a flash in the pan kind of fad, ranking from nowhere to 628 the year after Splash was released, and went up to the 300s the following year, is a name that’s stuck with us for almost 25 years. Think of it. 25 years. It’s tired for most of us, but not everyone obviously. And where [name]Emma[/name] seems simple and sweet, [name]Ava[/name] sounds right along with it almost the same but glamorous - for people who prefer sleek short names, it has to pack the right imagery.

I really don’t feel that [name]Scarlett[/name] will be scooped up and transported too far toward the top of the list like [name]Brittany[/name], which moved up to #3 in about 20 years but fell quickly out of favor, lasting in the top ten for 10 years. [name]Emily[/name] has been top 10 for 19 years and [name]Emma[/name], I think it is the simpler flavor that appeals, really did rise pretty quickly as the more favorable choice in the last 7 years. I don’t think [name]Emma[/name] will last as long as [name]Emily[/name] because together they have done wore it out.

[name]Isabella[/name] seems more to me like a [name]Gabrielle[/name] of the previous generation - you notice how things evolve like that, and just because it never got too high on the chart doesn’t mean it wasn’t helping people branch out and get used to appealing sounds. [name]Gabriella[/name] is actually still increasing its rank but very slowly and will likely not rise much more. If you love names like most of us do, you can sort of see how a name you used to like as a child has primed you to your preferences as an adult and more names occur to you and get revealed as choices made by others:

The [name]Danielle[/name] I knew in grade school had a nice name, but I could tell it was played by the time I was a teenager when I met someone who named their daughter [name]Gabriella[/name], and thought that was kind of a bold twist, until I met several others. Well, now it’s years later and [name]Isabella[/name] has been passed the torch, although like [name]Kayla[/name], may have been partially inspired to popular preference by the beautiful characters on Days of Our Lives. [name]Isabella[/name], so beautiful and tragic, that [name]John[/name] named his daughter the same and called her [name]Belle[/name]. And so on. I digress!

[name]SCARLETT[/name]. To me, it is a funky and fun name. It has never been like the character in Gone with the Wind to me. A parent who chose this name was saying, let’s take a spin with something unusual. That, to me, makes it at once a daring and creative choice, and also sort of unique in that it seems to typify some character for me. Kind of punk or spunky and independent and cool, like the character in “Four Weddings and a Funeral”. Maybe now things have changed. I still think a name like [name]Fiona[/name] is absolutely too exotic, but it’s also becoming more popular, as you can see. Anyway, I don’t think any of those names will have the magic quality of longevity, but they probably won’t be considered “mom” names in 20-30 years either - everyone’s mom seems to have the same 4 or 5 names. I absolutely foresee a time when [name]Pam[/name] and [name]Linda[/name] and others like [name]Jill[/name] and I apologize if I can’t keep a lot of other regs straightened out from one another - I foresee the time when someone wants to name their daughter [name]Scarlett[/name] and someone calls it a tired choice, or feels it is somewhat dated but still pretty, possibly downmarket, or outright, nobody cool chooses the name [name]Scarlett[/name] anymore!

We cannot help it. We all have uncool dated names too, which for the most part are age-appropriate. The factor is that when you are naming someone without a name, do you want to be first, middle, or last to come up with it in a particular era. The older Scarletts have very daring parents to stick their kid out in public with an unusual choice, while once we have gotten used to it, heard it on other people, the middle seems a great place to be. If it is even more popular in several years, which is somewhat difficult to predict sometimes, the younger Scarletts will have parents who may have fallen in love with the name for many years and waited so long to use it, as I still still still meet very young Jennifers, or they seem not to worry whether or not something is too popular, or are unaware of such a thing like saturation of the name over several years. [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Olivia[/name] - saturated. [name]Scarlett[/name] - I think a lot less so, but possibly will go down fast after it comes up. It has a sense of drama attached that for instance, [name]Josephine[/name] (ranking similarly last year) does not share. So [name]Josephine[/name] may appeal longer and never get more popular, where [name]Scarlett[/name] appeals faster and gets tired faster.

[name]VIOLA[/name]/[name]VIOLET[/name], the same or more like [name]Josephine[/name]. I don’t think that will really hit it so large as the trend tends to spread itself out over many flowers as well as other V names like [name]Vivian[/name] (I love [name]Vivian[/name]!). In its way, I liken it to [name]Olivia[/name] particularly, it has the same letters/sounds turned around. [name]Olivia[/name] seems by itself in the top 10 - it doesn’t have other very popular names competing or compounding the number of [name]Olivia[/name]-sounding names like [name]Isabelle[/name]/[name]Annabella[/name] or [name]Emma[/name]/[name]Emily[/name]/[name]Emmeline[/name]/[name]Emmett[/name]/[name]Emerson[/name] in the classroom. But it will stick out to her peers and co-workers of her future as a name nobody ever uses anymore (until it comes back). I actually think despite what your friends think about [name]Scarlett[/name], this is the more moderate choice for some sense of longevity and popularity with regards to the other popular names of this particular generation. [name]Scarlett[/name] is most like [name]Charlotte[/name], but wildly divergent imagery and appeal, I think. [name]Viola[/name] is audibly quite related to [name]Olivia[/name], but I also think it’s closer to the same feel as [name]Olivia[/name] but less common.

Anyway, I have also been considering [name]Julian[/name] lately. I think that’s a pretty cool name, so I don’t think you’ll go wrong with whatever you pick. Sorry for my long, gross essay if it was too boring and disorganized. I really like both names, but I figure between [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Viola[/name] - it is more a choice of what qualities you feel are imparted by the name than whether they are too popular now or later, or too similar or different than other popular names, or how well-liked they are to your friends. It’s your kid, not theirs. Different sounds and images appeal to different people, so don’t go by vote.

This discussion is really interesting to me. I’m choosing between [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name] as my top choices right now, so I was especially interested to see the references to [name]Josephine[/name] here. They are both classic names, but [name]Julia[/name] is ranked in the top 50 (#40) I think, and [name]Josephine[/name] is in the 200’s. Yet, I’m concerned that [name]Josephine[/name] is the trendier, more “of the moment” choice. Seems like a lot of people on nameberry are thinking of [name]Josephine[/name], which makes me wonder, how does this class, old-lady-ish, vintage name, suddenly find a surge of interest? [name]Do[/name] you think it’s going to rise in the ranks and enter the top 100 soon? ANd interesting that a lower-ranked name would feel trendier than a top 50.

With [name]Scarlett[/name], there’s the explanation of [name]Scarlett[/name] Johanssen whose popularity may have influenced the rise of [name]Scarlett[/name] as a baby name. Or people looking for a variant on [name]Charlotte[/name], perhaps. MAybe [name]Josephine[/name] is part of the “ine” name trend, as you point out in an earlier post. Speaking for myself, with the name [name]Caroline[/name], it wasn’t too common when I was growing up, I always felt like I had a slightly “different” or unusual name. Now, I love it, and its popularity is rising. I like the fact that it wasn’t as popular when I was little. But it’s still a classic name. I would like my daughter to feel that way about her name, too–that she likes it as an adult.

So, with that in mind, I would tend to use a name that is trendy only if it has a basis in the classics. [name]Emma[/name] is a classic name, [name]Emerson[/name] isn’t. Ultimately, no matter how trendy [name]Emma[/name] is, it’s classic-ness can never be taken away from it, right?

Sorry to hijack your original post. What about the name [name]Viola[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]? [name]Do[/name] those work well together with your last name?

With the [name]Julia[/name] or [name]Josephine[/name], I do see that variations of [name]Julia[/name] have always been popular, whether [name]Julie[/name] or [name]Julianne[/name] or [name]Juliet[/name] or [name]Jillian[/name], whereas [name]Josephine[/name] really is a “now” name, though will probably never see the light of the top 100 again (dropped off in 1942). I think its former popularity can be attributed to fewer names in use and being named after male relatives named [name]Joseph[/name]. Also, it sounds pretty. Pretty enough to rise drastically in popularity, I don’t know. I think names like it will go back in the vault. I used to love long weird feminizations when I was a kid - [name]Bernadette[/name], [name]Josephine[/name], [name]Henrietta[/name] (mostly for the cat on Mr. [name]Rogers[/name] Neighborhood, lol). They seem exotic in a way, yet softly feminine, yet not diminutive, but there’s a sense that they don’t belong out of the vault for constant use like [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name].

Name like yours, [name]Caroline[/name], has also seen fairly constant usage in variations, [name]Charlotte[/name], [name]Carly[/name], [name]Carol[/name], [name]Charlene[/name], because it has a ring to it. People get tired of variations but come back to it as a base name because it is remains a favorable sound and meaning. I didn’t know any Carolines and only one [name]Carolyn[/name]. I think [name]Carolyn[/name] (sporty, spiffy version?) people still like, but the authentic, [name]Caroline[/name] - the intersection of authentic, classic names, as well as the -ine names. It’s the current variation, but without the chronic usage or favor of [name]Elizabeth[/name] or [name]Katherine[/name] (not including their trends and variations).

Yeah, sorry for the thread drift!

Whew…your post was long but you did make a lot of great points! I do think I need to go back to the drawing board and see what I am looking for in a name. Maybe we came to [name]Viola[/name] & [name]Scarlett[/name] too quickly and there are others that I would like just as much if not more. I am a designer and I remember getting stuck sometimes on projects in school. My professor would tell me it is b/c I keep trying the same thing. Maybe I need to get more broad again on the name search. I tried to brainstorm what qualities, sounds, and images we are looking for in a name. Here are my thoughts.

I like names that are unique, ultra feminine, exotic, & glamorous. Again, I remember one of my professors in college summed up my designs by saying, “You are not afraid to be bold”. My husband on the other hand likes unique, strong (“un-nerdy”), sweet sounding names that don’t seem too pretentious. And we both tend to like vintage names.

Here is a collection of names we had thought about early on but ruled out:

• [name]Anastasia[/name] - loved it. DH wasn’t a fan
  • [name]Genevieve[/name] nn [name]Eve[/name] / [name]Evie[/name] - Again, DH wasn’t a fan
  • [name]June[/name] - Too close to [name]Julian[/name]. DH liked it. Maybe a bit plain for me
  • [name]Juliet[/name] - too close to [name]Julian[/name]
  • [name]Violet[/name] - Already taken in our close circle of friends
  • [name]Vivienne[/name] - Already taken in our close circle of friends
  • [name]Fiona[/name] - DH wasn’t a fan. [name]Karen[/name], funny you used this in your comparison
  • [name]Evangeline[/name] - DH is jewish and he seems to think it won’t work
  • [name]Josephine[/name] - DH & I love it but again one of our friends used it recently.

Since I don’t have many names above that my husband actually likes, I will give you some boy names he liked before we found out it was a girl - [name]Elijah[/name], [name]Graham[/name], & [name]Lyle[/name]. Hopefully, that will give you some flavor of our likes.

Anyway, I am not going to completely rule out [name]Scarlett[/name] or [name]Viola[/name]…but maybe you have some suggestions that I haven’t thought of. Let me know.

What about [name]Beatrice[/name] or [name]Louisa[/name]? I think they fit in with your taste, and go well with [name]Julian[/name].

P.S. I dont’ mind the drift in the thread. It obviously correlates to the same topic that I am debating in my head. As a mother of [name]Julian[/name], I love names in that vain and like both [name]Julia[/name] and [name]Josephine[/name]. In fact, I have a couple of girl names that I have ruled out just b/c I do not want to be the family with all “Ju” names. What do you think of the nicknames for [name]Josephine[/name]? To me, this is a name that will inevitably be shortened… so hopefully you like one of the nicknames. I love [name]Josephine[/name], but can see how it is a more trendy name. Not that this is a bad thing if you really love it (and I do). But, [name]Julia[/name] is probably a more “classic” choice. Wish I could help more on this topic but obviously I am the one that is also seeking advice for the same reason :slight_smile:

In regards to [name]Viola[/name] [name]Scarlett[/name]… I was hoping to use a family name for the mn. However, maybe I will have to go with this compromise.

Lastly, I was reading my husband the post [name]Karen[/name] wrote and he did get stuck on the “who this name will become popular among”. He said, what if [name]Scarlett[/name] becomes a unclassy, trailer park, stripper name. I think it scared him some… :slight_smile: I am hoping that it wouldn’t fall down the ranks that much :frowning:

Wow! This is a really interesting thread with so many great points! :slight_smile:

I really love your style, Turquoisekitty!

Names like [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Viola[/name]:

[name]Beatrix[/name]
[name]Bryony[/name] (plant name…)
[name]Cordelia[/name]
[name]Calla[/name]
[name]Celia[/name]
[name]Dahlia[/name] (this one reminds me of [name]Viola[/name]…)
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Eleanora[/name]
[name]Louisa[/name]
[name]Laurel[/name]
[name]Lydia[/name]
[name]Penelope[/name] (nn [name]Nell[/name] or [name]Poppy[/name])
[name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Theodora[/name]/[name]Thea[/name]
[name]Tamsin[/name]
[name]Willa[/name]
[name]Winifred[/name]

Continued good wishes to you! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your advice on my name choices. When are you due? I’m due end of [name]December[/name], so feel like there is still a long way to go, and it’s too early to come to a final decision (but impossible not to think about bc I love names). Also, I want to see the baby before making a decision.

What are some of your mn options for both [name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Viola[/name]? Would do something classic for [name]Scarlett[/name], like [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Jane[/name]? That’s really pretty. I think [name]Scarlett[/name] is a beautiful name; as for [name]Viola[/name], I’d get hung up on pronunciation–Vee-oh-la or Vie-oh-la. I prefer [name]Violet[/name] though you said you wouldn’t do that. I knew a French girl once named [name]Violaine[/name]–unusual!

I used to love the name scarlett as a second name for another child cuz i had my babys name picked out since i was 17… but what about [name]Scarlett[/name] [name]Viola[/name] ?? that sounds pretty together i think… and as far as it becoming popular all names do for a time but they fade out. after awhile… if you really have your heart set on that go with it

@turquoisekitty -
I find that I am sort of fickle about names, and I can afford to be - I’m not pregnant. At least giving this a lot of concentrated thought the past weeks, as I am exposed or re-introduced to names that never would have occurred to me in the wild, or that I recall suddenly while composing a post, and suddenly rise to the top of my list, I can understand maybe going back to the drawing board if you are unsettled on a choice and have to have agreement with your spouse on top of all that, plus already one child which rules out a lot of favorable names. There’s a reason you really like [name]Juliet[/name], for example. You liked it, so you’ve already essentially used it for [name]Julian[/name].

[name]Just[/name] yesterday or day before, from nowhere (well, from here really, but researching a suggestions post), I realized suddenly that [name]Eloise[/name] is the most perfect name ever, [name]IMO[/name]. I can imagine having settled on a name or short list of names I have liked or loved for months or years, and discarding them all for [name]Eloise[/name] were I to give birth to a girl in the past 2 days, and I don’t feel fickle, I feel very certain. I’m going to hold onto that for a while, I hope. This can happen to you. You will find the name.

Anyway, maybe it’s [name]Eloise[/name]. :slight_smile: It seems to fit in your profile of names both you and your husband might like. I don’t know if you plan to have more, you may want to save your boy names for boys instead of being stuck in the future for boy names by altering the sound/feel to appropriate girl names. If this is not an issue as far as cross that bridge if and when, I offer suggestions at the end.

[name]Scarlett[/name] and [name]Viola[/name] are also good - it really depends on where your doubt comes from - do you feel they are nice but not THE ONE? Or are you feeling them out on your friends and getting lukewarm or mixed reviews, and reacting to that?

Random or similar-ish suggestions by me based on overall sound or mental picture:
[name]Elijah[/name] - could be like well, [name]Eloise[/name] :), [name]Elise[/name], [name]Eliza[/name], [name]Lila[/name].
[name]Graham[/name] - could be like [name]Greta[/name], [name]Frances[/name], [name]Amabel[/name], [name]Amity[/name], [name]Rosemary[/name] nn [name]Romy[/name]
[name]Lyle[/name] - could be like [name]Lyla[/name] or [name]Lila[/name] of course, [name]Leila[/name], [name]Pearl[/name], this of boys names most like [name]Viola[/name], which you already have on your list.

Hoping this helps somewhat. I find the more I look around and use the search function and click on variants, I am led to names I would not have just thought up. The trick is not finding too many names to be able to choose just one, finding just the right amount and trying them with your last name, listening to them for anything kind of janky or hard to enunciate, or difficult to hear if you are listening on the other end of the phone. You will be fine! Keep us updated!