How popular is Henry where you live?

We are considering [name]Henry[/name] for our son. I already looked at the SSA page that lets you know the top 100 names in your state but it’s a whole different thing knowing what place it is on the list and then actually hearing the name in every day life.

So if you don’t mind, you can say in what region, state, or country you live and how popular you feel the name is in your area. We wouldn’t drop the name if it’s wildly popular, or if it’s not popular at all, we are just curious to know what areas it’s being used and where it’s hot and where it’s not.

Thanks in advance!

Our [name]Henry[/name] is 4 1/2; while pregnant with him I was aware of one other [name]Henry[/name] in the daycare center where my daughter went, and he was a few years older so I thought it must not be all that popular. Well, my [name]Henry[/name] turned out to be one of three [name]Henry[/name]'s in his first baby class! Then we moved to Montessori and met at least two more. Then, swimming lessons, one more. So, that’s about six other [name]Henry[/name]'s we know! Its really bizarre though because it wasn’t in the top 100 when all these kids were born, and [name]Jacob[/name] was number one, and I don’t know hardly any Jacobs . . . I think it might be something to do with our demographic - the schools we use and who we know - we all have similar taste apparantly.

We live in a mid-size city in southern (but not deep south) U.S. A place kind of like Memhis but smaller.

I really don’t like to use too-popular names, especially with girls, but we love the name and it suits our son so well, that it really hasn’t bothered me – only at first when we had that daycare class with the three [name]Henry[/name]'s, and I had to monogram his blankets “[name]Henry[/name] L.” And none of the [name]Henry[/name]'s we know use nicknames - the kids just know each other’s last names.

I know many little boys named [name]Henry[/name], and we’re in a suburb close to NYC. I also don’t know many Jacobs. :wink:

I live in northern [name]CA[/name] near the capitol and I don’t [name]Henry[/name] hardly ever. Lots of [name]Brennan[/name], Braydens, and Connors though.

I live in VA and I don’t know a single young [name]Henry[/name]. It is one of my favorite boy names however and is a family name so I am hoping my son and daughter-in-law will use it if one or both twins are boys.

We live in [name]Utah[/name] and I’ve only met one [name]Henry[/name] who is now about 10 years old. Now that I like the name, I’m realizing how in-the-know his mother was about names to name her child [name]Henry[/name] in the late 90’s and her older boy [name]Wyatt[/name] three years before that.

Now [name]Henry[/name] is widely accepted among women my age (20’s and 30’s) as a cool name that many love or want to use. But funnily enough no one knows a lot of [name]Henry[/name]'s.

My brother’s middle name is [name]Henry[/name] and my great grandfather’s middle name was [name]Henry[/name], but I really don’t like the name for that reason. Moreso I go the idea, probably from this site, that the name was starting to become trendy and the more I thought about the name, the more I liked it.

I have never ever heard of a [name]Henry[/name] in Australia.

We are in Michigan and [name]Henry[/name] is super popular here.

I only know of one [name]Henry[/name] where I live and he is in college. We live near L.A. But I suspect that over on the [name]West[/name] Side, there are a lot more Henrys. I only know of one [name]Oscar[/name]. But we know so many [name]Daniels[/name] and Jacobs. Wait, I think there is a [name]Henry[/name] in my daughter’s high school.

Only known two Henrys. I used to go to school with one in Aus and I have a little cousin [name]Henry[/name] who’s a baby and very cute:) It’s not popular at all where I live (NZ) but that probably doesn’t affect how you see it since, and I’m assuming here, you live in USA. My view on all popular names is if you really love them, use them!

I love the name [name]Henry[/name] very much. It’s on my top ten list! I only know of one [name]Henry[/name], my cousin’s son who is around four I believe. They live in [name]Denver[/name] and she says there aren’t that many in his school, despite it’s gaining popularity. I would definitely use [name]Henry[/name] if you love it!:wink:

I’d like to add that now that my son is in public school, there aren’t as many [name]Henry[/name]'s around, and none in his class or the other pre-k class. Seems like there is at least one [name]Jayden[/name] in every class though! Again, I think the large number we initially encountered was a fluke.

That’s funny, here in UT there are a ton of Jacobs. I was friends with one in high school and have a nephew named [name]Jacob[/name]. It seems everywhere you go there is a [name]Jake[/name] or a [name]Jacob[/name].

I live in Los [name]Angeles[/name] and know of one [name]Henry[/name] who has a twin names [name]Oliver[/name], both around 2. Also know another [name]Henry[/name] who is English but live in LA he is 18yr old.

My [name]Henry[/name] is 4 :-). I haven’t met any other little [name]Henry[/name]'s his age. We live in the US - [name]East[/name] Coast - but most of our friends are in the Southwest or [name]Canada[/name]. I’m trying to think of all my friends (mid to late 20s) kids names who are boys, and I know there is not a [name]Henry[/name]. I think that the most popular boys names are [name]Luke[/name]/[name]Lucas[/name], [name]Jace[/name]/[name]Jayden[/name], [name]Brennan[/name]/[name]Braydon[/name]/[name]Braedon[/name]/[name]Bradon[/name], [name]Noah[/name] and [name]Asher[/name]. Most popular girl names are [name]Allison[/name], [name]Ava[/name] and [name]Zoe[/name]/[name]Zoey[/name].

I am in NZ I know one school aged [name]Henry[/name].

Really!? Wow, someone from home:) lol

not at all, it is a family name and i only have one baby cousin named that, that has been born recently.

Really!? Wow, someone from home:) lol[/quote]

Me too!

I know one young [name]Henry[/name] (18 months)

There is one in my daughters kindergarten class, but that is the only one we know. We considered it, but decided against it.