How Popular Name Game

(use the SSA website for the simplicity and ease)

Find the year that your name was most popular, and note the ranking.
…and then see what you would have been named in 2010 based on that ranking

For the feminine usage of my name, the highest rank achieved was 586… making my 2010 name [name]Anabella[/name].
Well, I don’t hate the name [name]Anabella[/name], but I like my name better :slight_smile:

What about you?

Mine was 176, so my name would be [name]Julianna[/name]. I like my name for me better.

Mine was ranked 17, in two different years. My name would be [name]Lily[/name], which I don’t really care for, even though, I admit it is a pretty name.

Mine was number 1 in several years ([name]Emily[/name]) my name would be [name]Isabella[/name]… It’s pretty but I like my name better.

My name was #93 at its highest in 1994 so my name would be [name]Angelina[/name]. Pretty for someone else but not at all suited to my personality! Fun idea, though!

My name’s highest popularity was #191 in 2007, and the 2010 equivalent is [name]Diana[/name]. I like it for others, but my name is definitely much more me. (Also SO lame my name ever got so popular hahaha)

My name ([name]Miranda[/name]), was the most popular in 1995, ranked at #57. If I would’ve been born in 2010 my name would’ve been [name]Kylie[/name]. I much prefer [name]Miranda[/name].

I wish I could, but my birthname isn’t in the top 1000.

[name]One[/name] of my middle names is though. My middle name would’ve been [name]Madilynn[/name] in 2010…I much prefer my original one.

I decided to do some other people:

Boyfriend: Aiden Simon
Mother: Kaylie Natalie
Father: “Jayce” Travis (His first name isn’t on the list, so I did his more frequently used nickname)
Brother #1: Aidyn (Middle name’s not there)

I would have been [name]Sophia[/name] [name]Kennedy[/name]. To be honest, I much prefer my own name (:

My younger sisters would have been [name]Peyton[/name] [name]Jane[/name] and [name]Ava[/name] [name]Gabriella[/name], and my younger brother would have been [name]Max[/name] [name]Andrew[/name] [name]Orion[/name].

As my name is waaaayyyyy too French to be on the list, let’s use my “other name”.
It was ranking 41 and i would be an … [name]Amelia[/name]. WOW.
([name]Amelia[/name] is my all-time favorite girl name even if i almost never list it as so…)

My name is [name]Isabel[/name] [name]Ross[/name]. [name]Isabel[/name] ranked at 85 in 2002, and [name]Ross[/name] ranked at 123 in 1889. Since [name]Ross[/name] ranked 123 for BOYS, i don’t know if I should use the boys 123 or girls 123. I’ll do both.

I’d be [name]Stella[/name] [name]Violet[/name] or [name]Stella[/name] [name]Kayden[/name]. I love the name [name]Isabel[/name], but [name]Stella[/name] and [name]Violet[/name] are two gorgeous names I love and would definetily use. [name]Kayden[/name]'s another story of course…

My family:
Mom: [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Grace[/name] would be [name]Emma[/name] [name]Ella[/name] - [name]Way[/name] too singsongy, plus my mom is not an [name]Emma[/name] at all. I prefer her classic name
Dad: [name]Robert[/name] [name]Quentin[/name] would be [name]Jacob[/name] [name]Israel[/name] - This seems really really Jewish which is funny cause my dad is a pretty religious [name]Christian[/name]. I like his name better
[name]Sister[/name]: [name]Grace[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] would be [name]Ella[/name] [name]Lillian[/name] - Too many Ls, but a good name. I could see my sister as an [name]Ella[/name]. Still, again I think [name]Grace[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is prettier.
Brother: [name]Thomas[/name] [name]Brook[/name] would be [name]Daniel[/name] [name]Bently[/name]/[name]Franklin[/name] ([name]Brook[/name] reached 503 - [name]Franklin[/name] - for girls, but only 668 - [name]Bently[/name] - for boys) - I could really see [name]Thomas[/name] as a [name]Daniel[/name]. These two names both have the same feel. As for mn, I really like [name]Brook[/name], but [name]Franklin[/name] is nice. [name]Bently[/name]‘s bad. I prefer [name]Thomas[/name]’ name

My name was most popular in 2003, it was ranked 47. So in 2010 my name would be [name]Zoey[/name].

Mine would be [name]Hannah[/name]. Not quite fond of it. Rather dated to me…

My name was most popular in 1969, at 675. Today, that would make me…[name]Vera[/name]. Yeah, I think I’ll keep my name, thanks :slight_smile:

I’d be [name]Alejandra[/name] [name]Chloe[/name] (first and middle). I like it!

Doesn’t work so well for my brother, because his name is coming back into fashion now. My parents were ahead of their time when they named him!

My name was most popular in 1911 (it was #14) and middle name was #7 in the same year (wow, I must have a really old-fashioned name then…)

That would make me [name]Natalie[/name] [name]Abigail[/name]. I like it a lot more than my real name, it sounds fresher and nicer.

My name was #2 from 1973-76 and my middle names were #16 from 1998-99 and #25 in 1991, so in 2010 I would be:
[name]Sophia[/name] [name]Alexis[/name] [name]Nevaeh[/name] :frowning:

Very glad I have my name instead!

My name was 124 in 2003, so my new name would be [name]Liliana[/name].

My name ([name]Meredith[/name]) was most popular in 1999 at #276. If I were named in 2010, I would be [name]Camille[/name].

[name]Ah[/name], sad. I would love to do this, but my name has never been in the top 1000 (well, I’m assuming, being [name]Eros[/name]), so I can’t. Might try my middle though… Well, darn. My mn is most popular in 2010. Well that sucks xD