How to compromise??

DH and I looked through a baby name book last night and it made me realize how different our styles are for boys names. I really like:

[name_u]Jesse[/name_u]
[name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_m]Samuel[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Henry[/name_m].

He loved names like [name_m]Bowman[/name_m], Hawkins, and [name_m]Maverick[/name_m]. Is there any names that you can think of that are a compromise? Or any other names in his style that i could grow to love??

[name_u]Beau[/name_u]
[name_m]Merrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Gideon[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_u]Grey[/name_u]

[name_m]Don[/name_m]'t despair! There are many more “fish in the sea”!

[name_m]Frederick[/name_m]
[name_m]Roderick[/name_m]
[name_m]Hank[/name_m] (this is a traditional nickname for [name_m]Henry[/name_m]!)
[name_m]Malcolm[/name_m]/[name_u]Mal[/name_u]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnabas[/name_m]/[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m]
[name_m]Archer[/name_m]
[name_m]Kenton[/name_m]

I’m seconding the suggestion of [name_m]Archer[/name_m]. I think that’s a great compromise for you. [name_m]Archer[/name_m] is a synonym of [name_m]Bowman[/name_m], which your husband likes, and nickname [name_m]Archie[/name_m] seems more in line with your classic, traditional style. In fact, I think that’s a good route to go for more ideas: a surname with a traditional-sounding nickname.

[name_m]Jackson[/name_m] ([name_m]Jack[/name_m])
[name_m]Bennett[/name_m] ([name_m]Ben[/name_m])
[name_m]Harrison[/name_m] ([name_m]Harry[/name_m])
[name_m]Samson[/name_m] ([name_u]Sam[/name_u])
[name_m]Jacoby[/name_m] ([name_m]Jake[/name_m])

If you’re not into nicknames, another route would be to go with traditional names that have a surname-y style or surnames that have already become familiar as first names.

[name_u]Laurence[/name_u]
[name_m]Asher[/name_m]
[name_m]Grant[/name_m]
[name_m]Graham[/name_m]
[name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_m]Garrett[/name_m]
[name_m]Lewis[/name_m]/[name_m]Louis[/name_m]
[name_u]Sawyer[/name_u]

Or maybe Irish names would be a good way to meet in the middle: traditional, but off-beat enough that your hubby might like them:

[name_m]Declan[/name_m]
[name_m]Connor[/name_m]
[name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_m]Sean[/name_m]
[name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_u]Keegan[/name_u]
[name_m]Finnian[/name_m]
[name_m]Gavin[/name_m]

I would put them together, such as…

[name_u]Jesse[/name_u] [name_m]Maverick[/name_m]
[name_m]Luke[/name_m] [name_m]Bowman[/name_m]

Thanks so much for the suggestions going to let him read through these and get feedback!

What about [name_m]Levi[/name_m]? Or [name_m]Eli[/name_m]? I agree that traditional, biblical boys names with sort of a wild [name_u]West[/name_u], tough guy feel might be the way to go.

Here’s your golden ticket - [name_m]Samson[/name_m]. It has the son ending which he will like and you get the [name_u]Sam[/name_u] from [name_m]Samuel[/name_m]. [name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_m]Bowie[/name_m] would be awesome ([name_m]Bowie[/name_m] like [name_m]Bowman[/name_m]). [name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m] , [name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_u]Jesse[/name_u] and [name_m]Samson[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] would also work. Another name if that doesn’t work is [name_u]Reeve[/name_u]. Similar to [name_u]Reid[/name_u] but has that twist I think your husband will like.