How to find the perfect name?

[name_u]Ever[/name_u] since SO shot down the one name I fell in love with for our daughter who will be here in [name_f]October[/name_f], I just can’t seem to feel the same way about any other names. I was set on naming her [name_f]Gemma[/name_f], but he does not like it at all. We’ve both thrown out several names at each other but usually don’t agree on most and a lot of the ones I have suggested I like but I just don’t love ya know? I did suggest [name_u]Eloise[/name_u] (which has probably become my second favorite for her) which he said he also likes but then started going back and forth on. So with that being said how did you find the perfect name for your little one? I feel like with our older son, [name_u]Ashton[/name_u], it was so much easier but at this point I’m not sur we will ever agree on a name for our daughter.

I understand. My DH shot down a boy’s name I’ve loved since I was 11 and it became very difficult to to find a name that would even remotely add up to [name_m]Lars[/name_m]. It’s hard to get name out of him so that didn’t help either! I learned that if I throw out names I like/love from shows or movies he loves it’s easier. We watch GoT and I suggested Samwell. It’s unique but not crazy. He loved it! The nickname “[name_m]Wells[/name_m]” makes me happy and I believe will make up for not agreeing on [name_m]Lars[/name_m].
I found it easier if the names associated with things he liked or we both liked books/shows/movies/bands/activities etc.

I tend to do a lot of research and make long lists. DH may add a couple names here or there. But mostly he helps me “down-select”. It’s hard for me to narrow down my lists, so if he has a negative association with a name it’s out. I can see how it would be difficult if there’s one name you’ve had your heart set on that your partner doesn’t like. Good luck!