How to get Ned as a NN?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m]!

I absolutely love the name [name_m]Ned[/name_m]. I feel like its friendly, solid, and approachable.

I think, professionally, it might be too much of a nickname to use as a first name (unfortunately!).

I’d prefer not to use the name [name_m]Edmund[/name_m].

Any alternatives? I really want to find a way to get the NN [name_m]Ned[/name_m] without having to use names I don’t particularly like to get it…

Thanks!

[name_m]Edison[/name_m], [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u], [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] or [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] maybe?

[name_m]Edward[/name_m], [name_m]Eddard[/name_m], [name_u]Eden[/name_u]/[name_u]Edan[/name_u], [name_m]Edgar[/name_m], Edred, [name_m]Edric[/name_m], and I second the suggestions of [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] and [name_m]Edwin[/name_m]!

I love [name_m]Ned[/name_m] too! I think it’s so sweet and cuddly.
(also, I definitely think [name_m]Ned[/name_m] can work as a full name!)

I agree with [name_u]Kennedy[/name_u]! That’s a really nice name, and not a stretch to get to [name_m]Ned[/name_m].

Others:
Nedelko
Nedim
[name_m]Benedetto[/name_m]

[name_m]Edward[/name_m] is pretty classic for “[name_m]Ned[/name_m]”. I definitely think the suggestions of [name_m]Benedict[/name_m] and [name_m]Edwin[/name_m] work!

[name_m]Edward[/name_m] is the obvious one but I just wanted to say that I absolutely think [name_m]Ned[/name_m] can be used on its own. Maybe that’s because I know two Neds who only ever go by [name_m]Ned[/name_m] (so much so I don’t even know if they are Edwards or just [name_m]Ned[/name_m]). It fits into the growing trend of short, nicknamey names for boys and girls like [name_u]Kit[/name_u], [name_u]Jem[/name_u], [name_u]Rue[/name_u], [name_f]Liv[/name_f] etc.

[name_m]Desmond[/name_m]

Technically [name_m]Edward[/name_m] is also a full name for [name_m]Ned[/name_m]. But I would also just go with [name_m]Ned[/name_m] by itself because its strong on its own merit.

Names that might work at a stretch [name_m]Edwin[/name_m], [name_m]Warden[/name_m], Cerdwen, Nedric