How to get the nickname "Loddie"??

My grandfather’s name is Ladislaus and all his life, he has been known as Loddie. I am looking for a girl name that could use Loddie as a nickname to possibly honor him as I don’t think he will be around much longer.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance!

Hmm…I’m not feeling very creative right now, but maybe [name]Elodie[/name] would work?

Could you also use [name]Lettie[/name] or [name]Lottie[/name]?

[name]Lottie[/name]:
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Carlotta[/name]

[name]Lettie[/name]:
[name]Colette[/name]
[name]Violet[/name]
[name]Scarlet[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Jolette[/name]
[name]Nicolette[/name]

I love the suggestion of [name]Charlotte[/name] nn [name]Lottie[/name], and also wanted to add [name]Lydia[/name].

[name]Londyn[/name]?

I would also suggest [name]Charlotte[/name], in UK common nn’s for which are [name]Lottie[/name] or [name]Lotta[/name]. If you’re in the US (?) I’m guessing [name]Lottie[/name] would be pronounced law-dee as opposed to law-tee anyway so that would work.

[name]Elodie[/name] was my first thought but I don’t have any other suggestions…

oh i imediately thought of [name]Louisa[/name] or [name]Charlotte[/name].
ALso how about:
[name]Lolita[/name]
[name]Loretta[/name]
[name]Lorena[/name]
[name]Lowri[/name]
[name]Lourdes[/name]

[name]Paloma[/name]
[name]Lauren[/name]
[name]Laura[/name]
[name]Lola[/name]

I think [name]Elodie[/name] is a brilliant suggestion!

I love the suggestions of [name]Charlotte[/name] and [name]Elodie[/name]! :slight_smile: [name]Lydia[/name] also comes to mind because of its Liddy nickname, but Loddie would be a stretch.

You could also give your daughter L.D. initials, calling her “Loddie.” For example, [name]Lucy[/name] [name]Diana[/name] or [name]Lorelei[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] (which actually gives you Lo and De, for Loddie).

I think that [name]Louisa[/name] was a great suggestion, too, especially with a D middle name.

Best wishes to you!