How to get to Arley?

I may have asked this question years ago on the older forum, but I’m wondering how to get to the boy’s nickname [name_u]Arlie[/name_u]/Arley? I don’t like [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] or [name_m]Arlington[/name_m]. I don’t mind [name_u]Arlen[/name_u]. Any ideas?

I have a [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] with the nn [name_u]Arlie[/name_u] and I adore her name. If you’re looking for a boys name maybe [name_u]Charlie[/name_u] or [name_u]Harley[/name_u]. I like [name_u]Arlen[/name_u], it’s very cute. Good luck!

1 Like

I really enjoy the names [name_u]Harley[/name_u], [name_m]Barley[/name_m], [name_m]Archer[/name_m], and [name_m]Charles[/name_m].

1 Like

Charles is one of my favorites for a middle name. I never thought of [name_u]Arley[/name_u] for it. Genius!

2 Likes

I quite adore [name_u]Arley[/name_u] by itself. I actually used to look after quite a charming (albeit mischievous) one so I have fond associations of the name by itself. Would you consider something without the “l” in it like Arnaux or [name_m]Arno[/name_m] (like the river)? A stretch would be something like [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] or [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] but might work if you want something more.

1 Like

I kind of like [name_u]Arley[/name_u] by itself actually!

Arley could also be a nn for…

Carlo
[name_m]Carlos[/name_m]
[name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m]
[name_m]Bartleby[/name_m]
[name_m]Marlon[/name_m]
[name_u]Marlow[/name_u]

1 Like

I thought of [name_m]Arland[/name_m] (it’s a surname, and also a JRPG series).

2 Likes

My first thought was [name_u]Harley[/name_u] or [name_u]Marley[/name_u] but I love the suggestion of [name_m]Charles[/name_m] and [name_m]Arland[/name_m]/Harland

1 Like

Very cute. [name_f]My[/name_f] vote would be for [name_m]Charles[/name_m] or [name_m]Harlan[/name_m]. Both strong and classic!

1 Like