How to get to Chessie

I’ve recently fallen in love with the nickname [name_f]Chessie[/name_f]. I love that it can also turn into Chestnut. We’re a big nickname family (didn’t know it until we had kids!) so possible nicknames have become important to me.

The most obvious pathway to [name_f]Chessie[/name_f] for me is [name_f]Francesca[/name_f], which I don’t hate. It just doesn’t vibe with our other children’s names necessarily. There’s also [name_u]Chelsea[/name_u], but I know a lot of Chelseas, so I’m not inclined in that direction either.

Any other ideas for how to get to [name_f]Chessie[/name_f]?!

Thanks, berries! :relaxed:

Frances could work, I think! Though it is a bit of a stretch. Although some of the following are also a bit of a stretch soundwise, there’s-

Anchoret
[name_f]Blanche[/name_f]
[name_f]Charity[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
[name_f]Chiara[/name_f]
[name_f]Cleo[/name_f]
[name_f]Chloe[/name_f]
[name_f]Fuchsia[/name_f]
[name_f]Gretchen[/name_f]
[name_u]March[/name_u]
[name_f]Portia[/name_f]
[name_f]Scholastica[/name_f]
[name_f]Sorcha[/name_f]

1 Like

I can’t think of anything for a girl at the moment, but I know someone with the mn [name_u]Chesley[/name_u] and I think that would be so cute as a nn.

I think Cheska or Chieska is a name in its own right. [name_f]Chessie[/name_f] is itself its own name apparently meaning “chalk port”

1 Like

…currenty researching chalk ports :joy: Names are a special kind of black hole!

Chester? That was my first thought

Cressida maybe or [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]

Or something like [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Alessia[/name_f] or [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Esme[/name_f]

1 Like

Chesley was my first thought. I do love [name_f]Francesca[/name_f] tho.

My initial thought was [name_f]Cherise[/name_f] (pronounced SH-reese)

1 Like

I always loved that name!

Cerise (with one c I think it’s pronounced Chair-eeze basically Cherries with the accent on the ies)
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]

Chessa might be a made up name but Chessa nn [name_f]Chessie[/name_f] sounds sweet.

Bit of a stretch, but possibly [name_f]Jessica[/name_f], with the nickname [name_f]Chessie[/name_f] instead of [name_u]Jessie[/name_u]?

I am also a fan of nicknames !! I can think of Chenessa (shh-ness-ah)
Chesapeake - this was the first one that came to mind
[name_u]Chelsea[/name_u]
[name_f]Sheneice[/name_f] / cheneice (Shhhh- knee-es )

Cherish or [name_f]Cherith[/name_f] also just came to mind

Yeah I was thinking you could use [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]!

Chesney
[name_u]Cassidy[/name_u]
[name_f]Charity[/name_f]
[name_f]Celeste[/name_f]

thats a tough one. hope these help!

Unfortunately, a close cousin is a [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]! Otherwise I like this option :slight_smile:

I like [name_f]Blanche[/name_f]!

1 Like

Chandler!
[name_f]Chesney[/name_f]

Kind of a stretch, but maybe [name_f]Cecily[/name_f]?