How to get to Ginny...

Recently I’ve become besotted with [name]Ginny[/name]. I’d love to use it on a future daughter but I would use it as a nn for a longer name. I like [name]Virginia[/name] but I’m mildly concerned about the teasing factor and then there’s the fact that I don’t quite love it. What do you guys think of [name]Virginia[/name]? What other names could yield the nn [name]Ginny[/name]?
Thanks!

I like [name]Virginia[/name] and the French version [name]Virginie[/name] (veer-zhee-NEE) but my other faves for the nn [name]Ginny[/name] are:

[name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Geneva[/name]
[name]Ginevra[/name]

I have an aunt [name]Ginny[/name] and I thought I would suggest her name, until I realized it was [name]Virginia[/name], lol.
Here are a few ideas:
[name]Genevieve[/name]
Ginerva
[name]Ginger[/name]
[name]Guinevere[/name]
[name]Eugenia[/name]
[name]Eugenie[/name]

[name]Hope[/name] that helps!

• [name]Athena[/name]

What about [name]Ginevra[/name]? I like it better than [name]Virginia[/name]. Plus you have the nicknames [name]Nev[/name], [name]Evie[/name], etc in addition to [name]Ginny[/name]!

I actually really like [name]Virginia[/name]! And I love the nickname [name]Ginny[/name]! [name]Genevieve[/name] would be my second choice - it is kind of a big name for a little kid, but if you were going to call her [name]Ginny[/name] then it would be perfect, and she could use [name]Genevieve[/name] in older, more formal settings.

[name]Regina[/name] hasn’t been mentioned.
I love [name]Virginia[/name] more though. [name]Tori[/name] [name]Amos[/name] has a song called [name]Virginia[/name], it opened my eyes and made me see [name]Virginia[/name] in a completely new light, I suggest you hear it before dismissing [name]Virginia[/name]. ^^

I have a beautiful two year old daughter named [name]Virginia[/name] that goes mostly by [name]Ginny[/name]. I love, love, love it and have gotten lots of positive feedback on it. Bonus is that we’ve never bumped into another little girl named [name]Virginia[/name]. So, I say the best way to get to [name]Ginny[/name] is [name]Virginia[/name]. :slight_smile:

I’m sure she will get some jerky kid teasing her down the road, but I got that and my name is [name]Kristen[/name]! No name is tease-proof. Kids are creative. And if it’s not the name, it will be something else.

[name]Ginger[/name] could get you to [name]Ginny[/name]. I can’t say I care for it though.

I have a friend with a little girl named [name]Genevieve[/name], but she goes by [name]Genny[/name]. I guess you could do [name]Ginny[/name] as well.

Other suggestions:

[name]Georgina[/name]
[name]Imogen[/name]
[name]Regina[/name]

Well my sis, [name]Gillian[/name] sometimes got the nickname of [name]Ginny[/name]. Her name is pronounced same as [name]Jillian[/name].

rollo

[name]Genevieve[/name] is my favorite way to get to it. I couldn’t really think of any other ideas, but I love the suggestions of [name]Ginevra[/name], [name]Georgiana[/name]/[name]Georgina[/name], [name]Imogen[/name], [name]Geneva[/name], [name]Ginger[/name], and [name]Eugenie[/name]/[name]Eugenia[/name].

Good luck!