How to get to Izzie?

I really like the nick name [name_f]Izzie[/name_f] and just wondered what names there are to get there? :slight_smile:

The most obvious and popular are probably [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] (in all its various spellings) and [name_f]Isabella[/name_f]. However, I prefer the more unusual:
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Isaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Isannah[/name_f]

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabeau[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Isaura[/name_f]
[name_f]Isaline[/name_f]
[name_f]Isannah[/name_f]
[name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favorites are [name_f]Isobel[/name_f], [name_f]Isolde[/name_f], [name_f]Isadora[/name_f], [name_f]Isabeau[/name_f].

I suppose you could also use it for some of these:
[name_f]Eliza[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_f]Lisette[/name_f], [name_f]Isla[/name_f], [name_f]Elise[/name_f], [name_f]Eloise[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f], [name_f]Marisol[/name_f], [name_f]Mavis[/name_f], [name_f]Giselle[/name_f] (though some of those might be a stretch)

Trying not to repeat the stellar suggestions given above:
[name_f]Inez[/name_f], [name_m]Israel[/name_m] Jelisaveta, and maybe [name_f]Yseult[/name_f].

Here are some more thoughts, obviously quite beyond the obvious, but I think [name_u]Izzy[/name_u] is a nn that works with many:

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] / [name_f]Alison[/name_f]
[name_f]Alissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Amaryllis[/name_f]
[name_f]Clarissa[/name_f]
[name_f]Larissa[/name_f] – any name ending in “issa” really.
[name_u]Alexis[/name_u]
[name_m]Arlis[/name_m]
[name_f]Beatrice[/name_f]
[name_f]Alannis[/name_f]
[name_f]Maris[/name_f]
[name_f]Isis[/name_f]
Ibis
[name_f]Caris[/name_f] – any names ending in “is”.

I think an ‘I’ first name and ‘Z’ middle would be a good way to get [name_f]Izzie[/name_f]. For example: [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Zara[/name_f], [name_f]Iris[/name_f] [name_f]Zenobia[/name_f], [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] [name_f]Zinnia[/name_f]…

Elizabeta
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Iseult[/name_f]/Iseut/Ishild
[name_f]Ishbel[/name_f]
[name_f]Iselin[/name_f]
[name_f]Isaure[/name_f]
[name_f]Charlize[/name_f]
[name_f]Lizette[/name_f]
[name_f]Ismene[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatriz[/name_f]
Iscah
Isbel
Ishtar
[name_f]Isidora[/name_f]

The only thing I can think of that wasn’t mentioned is [name_f]Louisa[/name_f]/[name_f]Louise[/name_f]/[name_f]Eloise[/name_f]. Maybe not so intuitive as the others, but [name_f]Louisa[/name_f] nn [name_u]Isa[/name_u] makes tons of sense to me, and [name_u]Issy[/name_u]/[name_u]Izzy[/name_u]/[name_f]Izzie[/name_f] isn’t too far off. :wink:

[name_f]Isla[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabeau[/name_f]
[name_f]Isadora[/name_f]
Any I first name with an S or Z in the middle name would also work.
[name_f]Inga[/name_f] [name_u]Simone[/name_u]
[name_f]Ivana[/name_f] [name_f]Zoe[/name_f]

[name_f]Itzel[/name_f]
[name_f]Isela[/name_f]
[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabetta[/name_f]
Isma
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]

I treasure [name_f]Isidora[/name_f] (spelt THIS way, not [name_f]Isadora[/name_f]…) but other options could be:

Israela/Izraēla
Izolda/[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
Isidra - This is a Spanish variant/contraction of [name_f]Isidora[/name_f] minus the risk of her being called [name_f]Dora[/name_f], I love this too.
Izarra - Means ‘star’ and I think it’s rather pretty.
[name_f]Izora[/name_f] - I do not know if this was originally a form of [name_f]Isidora[/name_f], a form of [name_f]Azora[/name_f], or it’s own thing entirely, but it’s one of those names used a good bit in the 19th C. that’s largely disappeared. It was on and off the Top Thousand in the US from to 1880-1912 and then after that seems to pop up by ones and twos on genealogy sites.
[name_f]Izola[/name_f]

I like [name_f]Izzie[/name_f] a lot.