How to get to “Odie?”

Hi name nerds!

I am looking for names that could lead to the nickname Odie. It has a large family importance but I can’t bring myself to use just Odie like the honored family member.

So far all I have came up with is Odysseus and while it’s okay it’s not love.

I don’t want it to be a huge stretch like just any “O” name. I prefer it to make sense.

Thanks so much in advance for any suggestions and thoughts!

Hope these help

Bodhie
Otis
Roadie
Odin
Codie
Odell
Bodin

This is all I could come up with for boys but I found a few for girls too if they are needed.

1 Like

Thanks but he’s definitely a boy :slight_smile: he was going to be Odelia if he was a girl. Girls names are so much easier! Lol

1 Like

Otis
Obadiah
Oberon

1 Like

I know someone who has an Odysseus and calls him Odie exclusively, I think it is very cute! I also like a number of the pp’s suggestions. My additions:

• Any “O” first name paired with a “D” middle name could get you to Odie, like Owen David or Oliver Declan, etc.
  • Obsidian
  • Ogden
  • Odell
  • Odion
  • Olivander
  • Osmond
2 Likes

Very clever idea with first and middle name suggestion! Thank you! Odysseus Is really growing on me though too.

Actress Jena Malone has a son named Ode Mountain and it’s just darling!

Ode might be an option and hasn’t been mentioned yet. Yes, it’s short, but it’s stronger and more substantial than Odie, and intuitively leads to the nickname.

There’s also Odin. Handsome and strong and mythical.

1 Like

Odysseus is great!

Otherwise, something like Orion Dane, Otis Donnovan, Osiris Dean and Oscar Dominic would be great. Or even Rhodes, Tobias Daniel, Todd, Roland or Obidiah

Oswald?

Okay, hear me out: Obadiah.

This is one of my most favorite names ever. It’s so beautiful and lyrical, but feels more wearable than Odysseus. It contains all the “Odie” letters besides the “e,” so the nickname isn’t a stretch at all. And it’s a saint name, so the namesake couldn’t get any better! It also doesn’t feel exclusively Biblical due to names like Elijah being used in a secular context.

2 Likes

Odin
Otis
Ostin
Bodie

Love the suggestions of Otis and Bodhi!

Oleander
Odmar
Odis
Odin
Odil

Odessin. I’m pretty sure that’s the name of a coworker’s baby. I think it’s cute.

I second this!

Odin was the first idea to come to my mind.

Omg so many wonderful suggestions! I particularly love Ode and Obadiah. I have another son named Doc so I think Ode goes well as they both have similar vibes to me.