How to get to “Odie?”

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] name nerds!

I am looking for names that could lead to the nickname [name_m]Odie[/name_m]. It has a large family importance but I can’t bring myself to use just [name_m]Odie[/name_m] like the honored family member.

So far all I have came up with is [name_m]Odysseus[/name_m] and while it’s okay it’s not love.

I don’t want it to be a huge stretch like just any “O” name. I prefer it to make sense.

Thanks so much in advance for any suggestions and thoughts!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] these help

Bodhie
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
Roadie
[name_m]Odin[/name_m]
[name_m]Codie[/name_m]
[name_u]Odell[/name_u]
Bodin

This is all I could come up with for boys but I found a few for girls too if they are needed.

1 Like

Thanks but he’s definitely a boy :slight_smile: he was going to be [name_f]Odelia[/name_f] if he was a girl. Girls names are so much easier! Lol

1 Like

[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Obadiah[/name_m]
[name_u]Oberon[/name_u]

1 Like

I know someone who has an [name_m]Odysseus[/name_m] and calls him [name_m]Odie[/name_m] exclusively, I think it is very cute! I also like a number of the pp’s suggestions. [name_f]My[/name_f] additions:

• Any “O” first name paired with a “D” middle name could get you to [name_m]Odie[/name_m], like [name_u]Owen[/name_u] [name_m]David[/name_m] or [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]Declan[/name_m], etc.
  • [name_m]Obsidian[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Ogden[/name_m]
  • [name_u]Odell[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Odion[/name_m]
  • Olivander
  • [name_m]Osmond[/name_m]
2 Likes

Very clever idea with first and middle name suggestion! Thank you! [name_m]Odysseus[/name_m] Is really growing on me though too.

Actress [name_f]Jena[/name_f] [name_m]Malone[/name_m] has a son named [name_u]Ode[/name_u] [name_m]Mountain[/name_m] and it’s just darling!

[name_u]Ode[/name_u] might be an option and hasn’t been mentioned yet. Yes, it’s short, but it’s stronger and more substantial than [name_m]Odie[/name_m], and intuitively leads to the nickname.

There’s also [name_m]Odin[/name_m]. Handsome and strong and mythical.

1 Like

[name_m]Odysseus[/name_m] is great!

Otherwise, something like [name_u]Orion[/name_u] [name_u]Dane[/name_u], [name_m]Otis[/name_m] Donnovan, [name_m]Osiris[/name_m] [name_u]Dean[/name_u] and [name_m]Oscar[/name_m] [name_m]Dominic[/name_m] would be great. Or even [name_m]Rhodes[/name_m], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m], [name_m]Todd[/name_m], [name_m]Roland[/name_m] or Obidiah

[name_m]Odin[/name_m]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
Ostin
[name_m]Bodie[/name_m]

[name_u]Love[/name_u] the suggestions of [name_m]Otis[/name_m] and [name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]!

1 Like

[name_u]Oleander[/name_u]
Odmar
[name_m]Odis[/name_m]
[name_m]Odin[/name_m]
Odil

Odessin. I’m pretty sure that’s the name of a coworker’s baby. I think it’s cute.

I second this!

[name_m]Odin[/name_m] was the first idea to come to my mind.

Omg so many wonderful suggestions! I particularly love [name_u]Ode[/name_u] and [name_m]Obadiah[/name_m]. I have another son named [name_m]Doc[/name_m] so I think [name_u]Ode[/name_u] goes well as they both have similar vibes to me.